Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

I'm positive in the year 2000 jordans released on Saturday mornings
LMAO....I wished they did! Some Js did release on Saturdays. Back then stuff was little unorganized. I used to be in school struggling to concentrate waiting for my sister to get off work so I could get my Js. She worked at Footlocker so I had a true plug. I been a sneakerhead for a looooong time. Grades, football, sneakers, and chicks is all I cared about.

Space Jams and concords had hype depending on were you lived. And they were limited in the south. But folks went crazy over them Cool Greys nation wide. And till this day I don't understand why. My aunt called me and was like these fools went crazy in TX lmao. Was it because it was the first non OG XI mid? Jordan and the Wizards jerseys? I'm not sure.
they came out before jordan played for wizards, it was the 1st retro+ kinda of 

I was in college and out on that day, I was the first customer allowed in the store. It was the first retro + 11, technically the NC 4's were the first retro +

Last edited:
Nah they released on Wednesdays. Niketown SF was hectic.

nope they were Wednesday releases. Jams specifically too 

LMAO....I wished they did! Some Js did release on Saturdays. Back then stuff was little unorganized. I used to be in school struggling to concentrate waiting for my sister to get off work so I could get my Js. She worked at Footlocker so I had a true plug. I been a sneakerhead for a looooong time. Grades, football, sneakers, and chicks is all I cared about.
With exception to the space jams  ALL other jordans released on a saturday in the year 2000.

I remember because I worked nights at a club in college and would just stay up till saturday morning

I also specifically remember I went to pick up my pair in queens center because it was finals week but I didn't have a final that Wednesday.

I remember dudes cutting class aND coming back with them at lunch time...
Had to be the first one seen with them on
laugh.gif

Had to be the first one seen with them on
laugh.gif
My school started suspending you for it. A homeboy that was 2 grades ahead of me came to school after lunch with the cherry 12 and obsidian 12 on...one on each foot. The principal and some of the faculty was pissed!!! Folks forget those came out on the same day. And this guy was also the best athlete and most popular guy at the school so they made a big deal out of it. Folks came running  telling me about it because they knew my shoe game was crazy too. It got totally out of hand. Faculty pulled me aside to ask me about it too! I'm like dang I'm here at school. Mine will be worn tomorrow!!!!! From that day forward you were in trouble if you skipped or came late with Jordans that released that day. For example your work couldn't be made up that day you skipped. And they would tell you to go home if you came late.

Last edited:

My school started suspending you for it. A homeboy that was 2 grades ahead of me came to school after lunch with the cherry 12 and obsidian 12 on...one on each foot. The principal and some of the faculty was pissed!!! Folks forget those came out on the same day. And this guy was also the best athlete and most popular guy at the school so they made a big deal out of it. Folks came running  telling me about it because they knew my shoe game was crazy too. It got totally out of hand. Faculty pulled me aside to ask me about it too! I'm like dang I'm here at school. Mine will be worn tomorrow!!!!! From that day forward you were in trouble if you skipped or came late with Jordans that released that day. For example your work couldn't be made up that day you skipped. And they would tell you to go home if you came late.
Imagine if they had a list of Jordan releases in their offices checking to see if anyone skipped
roll.gif

Imagine if they had a list of Jordan releases in their offices checking to see if anyone skipped
roll.gif
It got back to them via word of mouth. Plus they confiscated Eastbay books on the regular. Jordans were big a deal back then. They didn't drop regularly so when one was planned the whole school knew about it. And everybody noticed when you star athletes and most popular students weren't at school. Another rule that was related to this is that if you don't come to school you can't practice for that sport on that day. So now even coaches were pissed cause you can't practice cause you skipped school for some Jordans lmao

Back in the 90's, J's released on whichever day the store's shipment arrived  
laugh.gif
.  Speaking about NYC specifically (I imagine in other places too), if you frequented a mom and pop shop enough (reputable dealer) - you were good to get your pair.  I think we used to throw a little extra on top (and sometimes nothing) and you were team early lol.  Now these shops are asking for an arm and a leg to get them early.  I understand that also has to do with Nike be stricter on release dates.  Memory lane.

Back in the 90's, J's released on whichever day the store's shipment arrived  
laugh.gif
.  Speaking about NYC specifically (I imagine in other places too), if you frequented a mom and pop shop enough (reputable dealer) - you were good to get your pair.  I think we used to throw a little extra on top (and sometimes nothing) and you were team early lol.  Now these shops are asking for an arm and a leg to get them early.  I understand that also has to do with Nike be stricter on release dates.  Memory lane.
Yep that's what I mentioned in an earlier post. It was very unorganized even for major releases. I remember shipments would come late or extremely early. They even had promotional posters and signs at Footlockers letting you know when something is about to drop. Dudes like PVPis23 have no idea what we talking about. Nike didn't crack down on release dates until the mid 2000s I recall. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. You former footstore employees know what I'm talking about

Yep that's what I mentioned in an earlier post. It was very unorganized even for major releases. I remember shipments would come late or extremely early. They even had promotional posters and signs at Footlockers letting you know when something is about to drop. Dudes like PVPis23 have no idea what we talking about. Nike didn't crack down on release dates until the mid 2000s I recall. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. You former footstore employees know what I'm talking about
Gotcha - didn't read all the way back.  Agreed.  Whether it was unorganized or not, that was the norm that I remembered.  Can't speak to footstores since most my money was between 1-2 mom and pops.

So I finally returned home to receive my package and everything looks excellent. 45 Black tissue paper, a quality control sticker on the bottom part of the box on the inside along with a concord Jumpman, and black shoe inserts. I will take photos later but everything checks out. I can't believe I secure them for $250 shipped.

@AirSakuragi congrats bro! I'm still waiting on my pair on next restock lol
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I still need to upload photos of them to make sure everything is alright. They do have a quality control sticker and I see that the unauthorized in some videos do not. Also don't worry bro, you will secure a pair. If you're willing to pay the amount that I've paid then offer the amount on eBay and see if they will negotiate. 

Last edited:

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I still need to upload photos of them to make sure everything is alright. They do have a quality control sticker and I see that the unauthorized in some videos do not. Also don't worry bro, you will secure a pair. If you're willing to pay the amount that I've paid then offer the amount on eBay and see if they will negotiate. 
I really hate the fact that you say "secure" when speaking about sneaker pickups. 

I really hate the fact that you say "secure" when speaking about sneaker pickups. 

If that's all you hate then you are doing well my friend :lol:

Back
Top Bottom