Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

So when they changed the direction of the jumpman they also started using fake leather? Also just because the white line is present does that really mean is real good quality leather? It could be just for aethestetics and pleasing the older crowd. Its fun to talk about but none of yall know anything we just fans of a product. Its not like the shoe comes with a list of materials it wa made withon the side of the box like the ingredients to soda or cereal. And what happens when we get this new shoe in hand and the leather aint robust? "But it has a white line"

Here is a photo I found showing the difference from OG to retro jumpman placement on the left shoe.

At any rate, Nike and Jordan seem to be pumping retros out with better quality. You have the remaster program under Jordan and premium releases with better materials being used for Nike retros. Since a lot of previous Jordan retros have been subpar (2013 Jordan 5 leather), people have taken notice about these details. So I was offering my thought as to why the patent was lowered and why people are noticing these finer details that are being changed.

If anything it makes me devalue previous retros up to this point. Sure a Gamma 11 is cool but it has the wrong pattern of patent cut. I would rather sell off my collection and start over honestly.

Last edited:
Here is a photo I found showing the difference from OG to retro jumpman placement on the left shoe.

At any rate, Nike and Jordan seem to be pumping retros out with better quality. You have the remaster program under Jordan and premium releases with better materials being used for Nike retros. Since a lot of previous Jordan retros have been subpar (2013 Jordan 5 leather), people have taken notice about these details. So I was offering my thought as to why the patent was lowered and why people are noticing these finer details that are being changed.

If anything it makes me devalue previous retros up to this point. Sure a Gamma 11 is cool but it has the wrong pattern of patent cut. I would rather sell off my collection and start over honestly.
I know man...you aren't the only the one who feels this way. I am selling my second pair of infrared 6s in favor of a future release that will use durabuck and have NA. Although I won't sell any of my BRED 1 '13 pairs for '16 pairs. Sure remastered does equal better quality, but sometimes shoes get away from the original look as I believe the '16 BREDs have.

Last edited:
I understand that the original had a higher cut patent loeather, however these just look like fakes to me. They look so off. The toe and the cut are just so wierd to me. Does anyone know if this is how they are going to be released or is it just still in the works? 

^You know when you say that, dudes are going to come at you like a noob who came of age in the "receding hairline" era if the XIs....

Then when I say, not all OGs had that high cut and that, I seen some back in '96 that wasn't much higher than recent releases, I'll be told, I don't know what I'm talking about...

At the end of the day, I'm happy with the high cut. Everything looks good, just give us good patent leather, and we're A-1.

I understand that the original had a higher cut patent loeather, however these just look like fakes to me. They look so off. The toe and the cut are just so wierd to me. Does anyone know if this is how they are going to be released or is it just still in the works? 

They're pretty much gonna be released like that man. Sorry to break it to ya. I think you'll come around to liking em. After all this is how 11s are supposed to look, no?

Last edited:
They're pretty much gonna be released like that man. Sorry to break it to ya. I think you'll come around to liking em. After all this is how 11s are supposed to look, no?
Really? I have the og bred 11s. They are beat and used up but I guess I just can't like them until I see them in person. So far I am thinking about passing. I just need bred 1s, true blues and these but these look wierd so I really do not know.

I have to say, that I am glad to see dudes expressing dislike and actually having an opinion FOR ONCE. Because usually when it comes to popular shoes/hyped releases, guys just ride the bandwagon. Case in point: Nobody had beef with the Gammas except me and Lil' Bow Wow. The rest of the planet just rode that one out....

FYI: You guys should chill about the cut. High cut XIs often look weird in photos and better in hand. I'm speaking from experience. When Nike decides to hit us with glamour shots, you'll see. So don't panic. They'll have their hands in your pockets this Xmas season, just like many of the past.

View media item 2112759
View media item 2112760

HighER cut then recend retros, okay. But the 2016 still look too high and weird in the pictures.
exactly, higher latent leather is not the same as high AF patent leather. But you can't say that because people in here shun opinions and folks who actually pay attention to detail.

If these are JUST shoes, then maybe NT isn't for some of y'all.

Aren't these supposed to be concord? Because they don't just look kindve blue, they look like royalty blue

So when they changed the direction of the jumpman they also started using fake leather? Also just because the white line is present does that really mean is real good quality leather? It could be just for aethestetics and pleasing the older crowd. Its fun to talk about but none of yall know anything we just fans of a product. Its not like the shoe comes with a list of materials it wa made withon the side of the box like the ingredients to soda or cereal. And what happens when we get this new shoe in hand and the leather aint robust? "But it has a white line"???
I have to say, that I am glad to see dudes expressing dislike and actually having an opinion FOR ONCE. Because usually when it comes to popular shoes/hyped releases, guys just ride the bandwagon. Case in point: Nobody had beef with the Gammas except me and Lil' Bow Wow. The rest of the planet just rode that one out....

FYI: You guys should chill about the cut. High cut XIs often look weird in photos and better in hand. I'm speaking from experience. When Nike decides to hit us with glamour shots, you'll see. So don't panic. They'll have their hands in your pockets this Xmas season, just like many of the past.

??? what are you talking about bro everyone hates on every hyped release and nitpicks everything..but then they buy the shoe when it comes out.

So when they changed the direction of the jumpman they also started using fake leather? Also just because the white line is present does that really mean is real good quality leather? It could be just for aethestetics and pleasing the older crowd. Its fun to talk about but none of yall know anything we just fans of a product. Its not like the shoe comes with a list of materials it wa made withon the side of the box like the ingredients to soda or cereal. And what happens when we get this new shoe in hand and the leather aint robust? "But it has a white line"???
??? what are you talking about bro everyone hates on every hyped release and nitpicks everything..but then they buy the shoe when it comes out.
Are jordan NOW going to always be easy to get? It seems like it. The maroons, white cements, especially these metallics. Hopefully bred 1s, true blue 3s, and space jams are all similar

Are jordan NOW going to always be easy to get? It seems like it. The maroons, white cements, especially these metallics. Hopefully bred 1s, true blue 3s, and space jams are all similar
It seems like the hype went down a little. Many sneakerheads moved on to some other models, Yeezys, Adidas Boosts, limited Runners and so on. I don´t think that will mean that Bred 1s and classics like that will be easy to get now. Maybe a tad easy-er, but you still gotta be lucky and do your homework.

It seems like the hype went down a little. Many sneakerheads moved on to some other models, Yeezys, Adidas Boosts, limited Runners and so on. I don´t think that will mean that Bred 1s and classics like that will be easy to get now. Maybe a tad easy-er, but you still gotta be lucky and do your homework.
bred 1s gonna be bad, watch. space jams won't be any easier

Considering how many 11's are produced now...if you know what you're doing, it won't be that difficult to cop one. Really shouldn't be that difficult to cop multiples if you wanted. I'm sure it'll be a little harder than the 72-10's, but I had 11 pairs of those and only entered 1 raffle.

That's a damn lie, I was in that thread slandering the Gammas, a lot of people were :lol:
I even won the raffle and didn't go pick them up, but that was more because I was hungover lmao.

exactly, higher latent leather is not the same as high AF patent leather. But you can't say that because people in here shun opinions and folks who actually pay attention to detail.

If these are JUST shoes, then maybe NT isn't for some of y'all.

But that's exactly what it is lol, just SHOES. I understand the grievances due to the ridiculous prices we pay, but at the end of the day they're just shoes.

Lol y'all are funny man. Dudes theory actually makes a valid point and makes sense to me. You have to make room for that front leg on the JM logo going the opposite direction towards the back of the shoe. The original design had the jumpman naturally jumping toward the front of the shoe over the pl hump. Thus making more room for the pl height on both the right AND the left shoe. Makes too much sense actually. Some of y'all have less than grade school comprehension to laugh at that theory.
advanced degree comprehension here and it's a bunch of nonsense...

Last edited:

Considering how many 11's are produced now...if you know what you're doing, it won't be that difficult to cop one. Really shouldn't be that difficult to cop multiples if you wanted. I'm sure it'll be a little harder than the 72-10's, but I had 11 pairs of those and only entered 1 raffle.
11 pairs of 72-10s?  Flexing much aren't we? 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom