Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Lol at this thread.
Dudes finna start doing the duck walk..
200w.gif

I see mostly fat dudes have this problem, they must be stomping and striking the ground too hard when they walk. I never have problems with major creasing.

11s definitely aren't supposed to crease like that. Even the 09's that everybody has been dogging didn't crease like that. :lol:

Won't lie I'm afraid. Them creases look really bad. :lol:

That pic makes me want to hit the gym and stay working on my hamstrings.

As far as the creases go, just take a damp towel and iron them out.

I have a theory that if you lace them up tight game ready then take a heat gun to them a bit that plastic coating will soften and mold the leather around your foot. Who wants to be the guinea pig here?

Last edited:
11s definitely aren't supposed to crease like that. Even the 09's that everybody has been dogging didn't crease like that. :lol:

Won't lie I'm afraid. Them creases look really bad. :lol:

Something tells me you have no experience with the material used on this particular shoe.

Something tells me you have no experience with the material used on this particular shoe.

Nah didn't have OG's or 00 if that's what you mean. But I wore my 09's until the sole came off and the PL still didn't look as bad as that pic on the last page.

Nah didn't have OG's or 00 if that's what you mean. But I wore my 09's until the sole came off and the PL still didn't look as bad as that pic on the last page.
To be fair the 2016 is actual patent leather while the 09's are a synthetic plastic meant to mimic patent leather. Of course the synthetic isn't going to crease as bad.

Makes sense... wasn't complaint just saying the crease looks bad. But either way I'm gonna wear these until the sole comes off lol. After Royal Foams this is probably my favorite shoe.

And I was referring to 11s in general when I was talking about OG.

The originals creased just as bad back in 95. If you wear them enough you'll eventually develop a crack in the top coating layer to the point where you can see the white underneath.

The originals creased just as bad back in 95. If you wear them enough you'll eventually develop a crack in the top coating layer to the point where you can see the white underneath.

There is a difference between wear them enough and wear them once.

I could live to be 1000 and I wouldn't be able to wear a sneaker enough to do that :lol:

I could live to be 1000 and I wouldn't be able to wear a sneaker enough to do that :lol:
You could if you were in middle school and it was your only pair of kicks lol. i did those dirty.
Agreed tho. Shouldn't happen from just walking around the house.

no one understands your point bigj lol

Wore them once and the PL had a nasty crease as compared to wearing them 100x with acceptable/normal creases.

Last edited by a moderator:

no one understands your point bigj lol

Wore them once and the PL had a nasty crease as compared to wearing them 100x with acceptable/normal creases.

:lol: I see tho there are definitely people that know what I'm saying. It's kind of hard to express some thing via typing I guess. Then there are some people that just have to blinding defend also.

I'm not attacking the shoe. Just speaking of what I see as the good (most of everything) and the bad (thin patent leather, tongue jumpman color not matching the heel color).

It's definitely a step in the right direction and I wouldn't keep them if I didn't like them.

I was able to secure my 2 pairs in store. I didn't even attempt online, but I probably should have. I wouldn't mind a 3rd pair, but i acknowledge it probably wasn't necessary. 2 pairs should be enough to last many years to come especially since I hardly wear my shoes anyway. I still have my 2009s and they've barely been worn. When comparing the 2, the difference is pretty blatant. I really don't see a reason to keep the 2009s now.

I was able to secure my 2 pairs in store. I didn't even attempt online, but I probably should have. I wouldn't mind a 3rd pair, but i acknowledge it probably wasn't necessary. 2 pairs should be enough to last many years to come especially since I hardly wear my shoes anyway. I still have my 2009s and they've barely been worn. When comparing the 2, the difference is pretty blatant. I really don't see a reason to keep the 2009s now.

My thoughts exactly.

I see where bigj505 bigj505 is coming from.

A friend of mine has the new 2016's and like what was said and posted, his had a few deep creases from just wearing them twice, casually.

From seeing comparison vids and from see his in person, I think the toe boxes are somewhat a bit longer and higher on the 2016's compared to the 2000 released pair. The 2000 release pair seemed shorter and stubbier, if that's even a word :lol:

When I owned the 2000 pair, I wore those almost every week and didn't have creasing, or anywhere close to what my friend's pair had. Then again, the 2000 release had thicker patent leather and can be seen if you own both the 2000 pair and the 2016's.

Just my 2¢

Last edited:
I've seen a few on here championing for force fields and I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree and am now a believer. If you're going to spend $200+ on retros, why not spend $10 extra to prevent your "expensive, cheap" kicks from creasing. True, when spending this much on kicks, we shouldn't have to, but we all should know by now the quality isn't what it used to be and probably never will be again. Although nike has shown that they CAN improve quality without increasing the price ala cyber monday 3s. It is such a slap in the face when you feel the supple leather on CM 3s for $190 then feel the hard plasticky pleather on the TB3 for $220.

Anyway, I said all that to say... force fields are our friend! Many retros come creased out the box so what do you expect after wearing them, especially if you have a skinnier foot. It is not acceptable, but it is what it is and we know what it is by now so this is why I invest in force fields now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom