Air Jordan 11 Space Jam-December 10, 2016-$220

Just for the sake of clarity regarding the argument over these being based off of the movie pair and / or the pair MJ wore in the 95' Eastern Conference Finals...Just quick compiled information from discussions we had earlier on in the thread...

Apparently these are the actual pairs Nike / JB used to base these '16 released off of...The ones owned by CroatianStyle and posted up in his little Cali exhibit he had earlier on this year...

Here's a video with some good shots, of one pair at least...Apparently this is THE pair MJ wore in the movie, stitched "23" and all...Skip to about 2:45 to get to the Jams...

This video shows the DS pair that CroatianStyle has...Skip to about 1:50 to take a peek...
Argument can go either way honestly...

In my view the release pairs are more in line with the what MJ wore in the '95 Finals with Nike / JB using the Space Jam connection as an obvious selling point...The PL height on the 2016 release is a clear throwback to the 95' - 96' release pairs which, more often than not, had a much fuller cut (Though there were inconsistent cuts even back then...Via different factories / countries of origin etc...)...

FWIW though...The PL cut on the game worn pair is super thin, even in comparison to the pairs used for the movie...

Anyway pics of the shoes in game...

Long winded but, essentially, the release shoe we're getting is a mash up of the OG's, MJ game worn PE's, and movie pairs...Concord accents, thicker PL cut, and stitched 45...For JB to say definitively that this shoe is a 100% faithful re-creation of the movie pair is, as is usual for JB, a spin to get hype through the roof for the release...Simple as that...
Bruh that PL STILL looks lower than 2016. My jumpman placement argument alone shows that... 

Its clear as day...

Last edited:
I have a 3min head start and have picked high volume stores in the NYC area.
3min might be an L no matter where you picked in NYC. 5 Min is the best I would push it for anything. 

and can we stop quoting that textbook length worthy of pics... or put it in a spoiler. jeez

Last edited:
3min might be an L no matter where you picked in NYC. 5 Min is the best I would push it for anything. 

and can we stop quoting that textbook length worthy of pics... or put it in a spoiler. jeez

Picked Footlocker Queens Center, Green Acres and Roosevelt Fields

Song is trash
Worst part is that I've had that song in my head for a few days...
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom