Air Jordan 12 “Wings” - April 2, 2016

Please use your brain.

How much for a pair of  1995 concords DS? 
How much for a pair of 2000 Space Jam DS?

Do you really think that adds up to a pair of 2016 Wings?

We are not splitting atoms here......

P.S. the offer is insulting, but thats just me and my .02
Who said anything about value? I asked if 15+ yr old shoes would be wearable. I'm well aware of the value for all 3 shoes but let me repeat my self since you obviously can't read. I don't want to trade for shoes I can't wear.

People are to worried about the value, if you want the shoes then do it. If you don't want them don't do it.

I can agree with this if u really love the shoe he is offering you as trade bait then do it
But the value of the shoe is in the eye of the beholder [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Who said anything about value? I asked if 15+ yr old shoes would be wearable. I'm well aware of the value for all 3 shoes but let me repeat my self since you obviously can't read. I don't want to trade for shoes I can't wear.

All shoes are wearable so that statement is false if you want to wear them or leave them ds that's on you.

Of course you can wear a shoe that's super old especially if it's never been worn if you really love that shoe and want to stunt with it on then do it my friend

All shoes are wearable so that statement is false if you want to wear them or leave them ds that's on you.

Of course you can wear a shoe that's super old especially if it's never been worn if you really love that shoe and want to stunt with it on then do it my friend
False. Og 3s and 4s would crumble under my 280 lb frame. Easily. There's various risks of wearing them, which I plan on doing btw. But as far as xis go, I'm not too sure what risks aside from sole serperatio I might face.

You run more of a risk of having old shoes crumble if they've never been worn. Most wearable old shoes are wearable because they've been worn.

I can agree with this if u really love the shoe he is offering you as trade bait then do it
But the value of the shoe is in the eye of the beholder [emoji]128175[/emoji]
The thing about me is that I don't sell or trade my sneakers, I give old pairs away. If I want to secure a shoe that releases I purchase them. 

You run more of a risk of having old shoes crumble if they've never been worn. Most wearable old shoes are wearable because they've been worn.

I've never had that issue but now I know
That's for the info
I leave ds pairs sit for three to five years and eventually I'll toss them on never had an issue yet
:wink:

I've never had that issue but now I know
That's for the info
I leave ds pairs sit for three to five years and eventually I'll toss them on never had an issue yet
:wink:
we are talking about shoes that are 21 and 16 years old. Not 3 or 4. Big difference

Would old shoes which have never been worn only crumble if you tried to wear them? Or would they fall apart automatically without any interference?

Why are old shoes that have been worn more wearable than old shoes that have never been worn? Because it gets air?

Would old shoes which have never been worn only crumble if you tried to wear them? Or would they fall apart automatically without any interference?

Why are old shoes that have been worn more wearable than old shoes that have never been worn? Because it gets air?

Old DS shoes can crumble from just sitting there but trying to wear them will definitely cause them to crumble. Old shoes that have been worn are "broken in" and the moisture from your feet keep the materials from drying out. Where as a shoe that just sits there will dry out much faster. There's a lot more to it like how the shoes are stored and even what climate you live in. But basically wearing your shoes makes them last longer.

Old DS shoes can crumble from just sitting there but trying to wear them will definitely cause them to crumble. Old shoes that have been worn are "broken in" and the moisture from your feet keep the materials from drying out. Where as a shoe that just sits there will dry out much faster. There's a lot more to it like how the shoes are stored and even what climate you live in. But basically wearing your shoes makes them last longer.
Thanks. But I've read that to store shoes properly for longevity you should put silica gel packs in them, and the purpose of that is to keep the moisture out. So is moisture good or bad if one wanted to keep the shoes in form for the longest time possible?

The gel packs are for shoes with clear soles, moisture causes the soles to yellow so people use them to try to stop them from yellowing. I'd rather have yellow soles then crumbling shoes. I never use gel packs and my older shoes are holding up just fine.

There's members that know way more then me about this and this is where to find them http://niketalk.com/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back

Last edited:
I remember when all Nike shoes had the silica gel packs in them when first bought. I wonder what made them change that procedure.

I remember when all Nike shoes had the silica gel packs in them when first bought. I wonder what made them change that procedure.

Could be any of the following factors:

1) Cost: Increase Nike's bottom line by eliminating the expense.

2) Storing/shipping (on Nike's end): Aside from the canvas Jordan 1 fiasco, today's storing and shipping methods may make the packs obsolete. Like a vacuum seal on food containers or the wrapping applied to new cars when shipped, it may only be used as a product safeguard on Nike's side.

The packs are non-toxic, so it doesn't appear to be a health/safety issue.

Back
Top Bottom