Air Jordan 12 “Wings” - April 2, 2016

Yeah, I thought once pairs' paint got worn off the price would start creeping up, but I guess I was wrong.

Was thinking of selling my pair finally, but ebay is FLOODED with fakes selling for $400-500. I know if I list them for just below what Flight Club has them for ($800), they'll never sell. Tempted to send them to FC, but I'll feel like a schmuck for waiting til after the price dropped from over $1k last summer. What would you guys do, sell now or wait?

(And believe me, if I was flush I'd just keep & wear 'em, 'cuz I LOVE this pair).

In the same boat as you but I'm holding out for a couple years maybe the price will go up. We will see though.

In the same boat as you but I'm holding out for a couple years maybe the price will go up. We will see though.

For me, I would probably sell now. If you can get 8 bills through FC you would be doing well.

And yes, the abundance of high quality fakes artificially screws up the market price big time.
It's the same with the white Ovo 12's. So many fakes on Ebay forces the prices lower.

So what are the tells on the fakes? I'm getting mine in from stockx and I'm sure they will be fine but I don't know what is common on the fakes.

So what are the tells on the fakes? I'm getting mine in from stockx and I'm sure they will be fine but I don't know what is common on the fakes.
First thing to look at is the way they`re laced. Thats the most obvious tell.

Next thing would be the size and shape of the wings tab.........also, if the tab and the leather that starts behind it doesnt match up exactly, thats another thing.

Next would be the print on the white leather piece, it looks a bit different but you`d have to have a real pair to compare it with.

First thing to look at is the way they`re laced. Thats the most obvious tell.

Next thing would be the size and shape of the wings tab.........also, if the tab and the leather that starts behind it doesnt match up exactly, thats another thing.

Next would be the print on the white leather piece, it looks a bit different but you`d have to have a real pair to compare it with.

Yeah, those are some of the tells. Also, the direction of the feather pattern on the insoles and the stitched text on the heel tab are good tells, as well. Fake Education on instagram had a really good rundown of the differences after they came out. Now I don't know if the rep makers in China fixed the flaws on other production runs, though, because if they did it'd be really tough to differentiate them from authentic pairs.

these prices are too inflated for this shoe

the reason the prices are so high and no one is buying is because this is not a shoe that's worth $600.00 or more
also alot of fakes floating around helps

the price need to come down all selling platforms for it to move

its a nice shoe but not a $600.00 plus nice shoe

Last edited:
these prices are too inflated for this shoe

the reason the prices are so high and no one is buying is because this is not a shoe that's worth $600.00 or more
also alot of fakes floating around helps

the price need to come down all selling platforms for it to move

its a nice shoe but not a $600.00 plus nice shoe
I believe the prices are only this low because of UA/Reps. People dont know how to tell the real from fake, so they dont even bother.

Back
Top Bottom