AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Originally Posted by illphillip

So I guess "sneakerhead" is another word you can use to describe a lame?

I've always hated the term "sneakerhead". Especially since, for as many people that use the term, it doesn't always apply. I'd even say it doesn't apply more often than not.

Redundant & makes Lil to no sense.
If it's redundant, it should be that much clearer. Do I need to say it again?

You're in here equating some lame %*$ practice with being a "sneakerhead". When that practice is something a lame would do.

Let's take "sneakerhead" as a sincere term, and not just a term applied to people who got caught up in the popularity of sneakers.

You've got guys on here who've been buying a loving sneakers consistently for 20+ years. It's not a fad. It's a genuine love and passion. Search this forum for my "collection" and you'll see Dunks, AF1's, Air Max, J's, Trainers etc. Not just the latest Jordan release.

Then you've got kids who've been buying Jordans for a few years, who consider themselves "sneakerheads". When they really are not. They are caught up in a moment. So the label doesn't apply.

My guess is, Fat Joe being the exception, most people who have loved sneakers over a period of time have not licked the sole of a shoe. That's type lame a moreso fits the new breed of "sneakerhead".

Which in turn, sounds like it fits you. If that doesn't make sense, then I'm not sure I can help you much.

Lol you said kids. End discussion. The fact is they haven't been living long enough to be copping for 20 plus years. So it may be a fad that develop into a passion, or just a fad. Overall it's not that deep and it's a generic term used loosely for tennis shoe consumers. Pull ya skirt down b. it's not that deep and sad you took all that time to write this passage. End of day they're just shoes.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

laugh.gif
  I really can't believe that people are paying these crazy re-seller prices for these NOW, meanwhile the 2004 versions were available for the same price the past 8 years.  

This. Dudes really thinking every release is a Concord release SMFH

That's going to happen regardless....too many trend followers don't care if the 2004 pairs have better quality, they just want the newest retro out

Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... Having Had An OG PAir Back In '97 I Was A Bit Skeptical About How These Were Going To Turn Out, But Something Kept Me In Line For The Hour And A Half Until It Was Time To Hand Out Tickets..... When The Champs Employee Got To Me, They Had Already Run Out Of My Size 10 (Turns Out They Only Release ONE Size 10 To The Public
30t6p3b.gif
), So I Ended Up Settling On A Size 12 With Hopes Of Trading For My True Size....... Sure Enough, The Big Homie Proballer From Here On NT Ended Up Getting Stuck With A Size 10 Up In Wyoming And Was In Need Of This 12 I Was Stuck With
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

All In All, Not A Bad Release IMO, Although These New Jordan Brand Box's Are About As CHEAP As It Gets
indifferent.gif

*Decided To Pull The Ol' "Flints" Out Of Hibernation To Go And Peep Out These Playoff's

Originally Posted by sickickz23

laugh.gif
  I really can't believe that people are paying these crazy re-seller prices for these NOW, meanwhile the 2004 versions were available for the same price the past 8 years.  

That's going to happen regardless....too many trend followers don't care if the 2004 pairs have better quality, they just want the newest retro out

In 2004 they sold out fast too, but prices on eBay weren't even close to this.  It seems that every shoe since the concords is going for OD re-sell prices and to be honest, the XII was never that hyped of a shoe.  Sure, its considered durable, looks clean and has a solid following but in comparison to others in the Jordan lineup they never commanded crazy prices.  There's definitely a brand new generation of dudes SUPER hyped to buy some retro's and make sure to really over pay for them SMH to each their own though.......... 

Originally Posted by BDUB313

Oh snap forgot to mention this but checkout this guy on eBay made me die laughing and scream retail all over ithttp://www.ebay.com/itm/J...m4ab6abfdf7#ht_500wt_922" Jordan 12 flu game playoff" Lol

forget about what he listed them as. it could have been intentional, hoping to draw in someone looking for flu games but stumbling into the playoffs. Thats extremely common.

what's funny is the listing is at $255 with 12 hours to go. Should go for over $280. Thats unreal.

Tired of people complaining about quality (que the you're a hypebeast and will settle for less quality, yada yada yada). Damn shoe snobs. I absolutely love my pair. still built like tanks. Why even compare them to OG's. Thats dumb. 

On the look out for pair #2. These fit pretty true for me. Wore my playoff XIII's all day today, and these felt the same. I do have wide feet though.

That's going to happen regardless....too many trend followers don't care if the 2004 pairs have better quality, they just want the newest retro out. In 2004 they sold out fast too, but prices on eBay weren't even close to this.  It seems that every shoe since the concords is going for OD re-sell prices and to be honest, the XII was never that hyped of a shoe.  Sure, its considered durable, looks clean and has a solid following but in comparison to others in the Jordan lineup they never commanded crazy prices.  There's definitely a brand new generation of dudes SUPER hyped to buy some retro's and make sure to really over pay for them SMH to each their own though..........

Well Put

Saddest Part Is, I Personally Think The Obsidian Release Is Gonna Be Even Worse Than This Playoff One, Seeing As We Have Yet To See A Legit Retro Of This Colorway
nerd.gif

- Waited last night for some of the euro sites to stock these so I can order. (Never had any luck with online releases in the states. I can never get through.)

- 9pm (California time) rolls around and people are going crazy in this topic talking about NDC, Eastbay/Footlocker/Champs, Finish Line, Twitter.

- For %%$!! and giggles, tried checking out on NDC, Footlocker, and Finish Line with the assumption that I will not get through.

- NDC kept lagging and mysteriously added 2 pairs to my cart. Only wanted one pair so I keep trying to delete that extra pair. Kept getting the inactivity error.

- Footlocker could not add my pair to cart and failed to add to my request.

- Finish Line was close to checking out and just needed one final step, but I got hit with the refresh page.

- Was doing all of this for about 30 minutes then I gave up.

- 10:45pm (An hour and 45 minutes later) comes along and I thought I'd try checking out again at those 3 sites and got through on NDC miraculously. $174 shipped after tax.

- Continues reading topic and see some members saying there is a chance NDC might cancel from their experiences with past releases.

- Feeling uneasy, I thought I'd play it safe and wait for those euro sites to stock and order a pair to have one on lock in case NDC cancels.

- 12:57am, kjlee85 posts an NBA store link and I quickly order. $159.99 with 2-day free shipping. (Thank you free year of Shoprunner and kjlee85 for his link.)

- Cool story bro.

Nah, but seriously, if I do receive these two pairs, I'm probably gonna unload one for close to retail somewhere to help someone who missed out.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

That's going to happen regardless....too many trend followers don't care if the 2004 pairs have better quality, they just want the newest retro out. In 2004 they sold out fast too, but prices on eBay weren't even close to this.  It seems that every shoe since the concords is going for OD re-sell prices and to be honest, the XII was never that hyped of a shoe.  Sure, its considered durable, looks clean and has a solid following but in comparison to others in the Jordan lineup they never commanded crazy prices.  There's definitely a brand new generation of dudes SUPER hyped to buy some retro's and make sure to really over pay for them SMH to each their own though..........

Well Put

Saddest Part Is, I Personally Think The Obsidian Release Is Gonna Be Even Worse Than This Playoff One, Seeing As We Have Yet To See A Legit Retro Of This Colorway
nerd.gif

Agreed, that release is definitely going to be worse

Originally Posted by spOOfy

- Waited last night for some of the euro sites to stock these so I can order. (Never had any luck with online releases in the states. I can never get through.)

- 9pm (California time) rolls around and people are going crazy in this topic talking about NDC, Eastbay/Footlocker/Champs, Finish Line, Twitter.

- For %%$!! and giggles, tried checking out on NDC, Footlocker, and Finish Line with the assumption that I will not get through.

- NDC kept lagging and mysteriously added 2 pairs to my cart. Only wanted one pair so I keep trying to delete that extra pair. Kept getting the inactivity error.

- Footlocker could not add my pair to cart and failed to add to my request.

- Finish Line was close to checking out and just needed one final step, but I got hit with the refresh page.

- Was doing all of this for about 30 minutes then I gave up.

- 10:45pm (An hour and 45 minutes later) comes along and I thought I'd try checking out again at those 3 sites and got through on NDC miraculously. $174 shipped after tax.

- Continues reading topic and see some members saying there is a chance NDC might cancel from their experiences with past releases.

- Feeling uneasy, I thought I'd play it safe and wait for those euro sites to stock and order a pair to have one on lock in case NDC cancels.

- 12:57am, kjlee85 posts an NBA store link and I quickly order. $159.99 with 2-day free shipping. (Thank you free year of Shoprunner and kjlee85 for his link.)

- Cool story bro.

Nah, but seriously, if I do receive these two pairs, I'm probably gonna unload one for close to retail somewhere to help someone who missed out.

new+meme+That+s+the+spirit+guy.+So+i+was+watching_320213_3087913.jpg

Had to pass on these because I hate how buying sneakers now a days has become more of a sport than a life style. I remember the days when I could walk into a store at 1pm and still get my size without a problem, and I know I'm not the only one on here who remembers being able to do that. Now? Forget it.

Originally Posted by Black Ice116

Had to pass on these because I hate how buying sneakers now a days has become more of a sport than a life style. I remember the days when I could walk into a store at 1pm and still get my size without a problem, and I know I'm not the only one on here who remembers being able to do that. Now? Forget it.

Yeah....I do remember the good ol days. I still think it will revert back to that, when who knows? I went after these online last night and didn't come away with a pair. It's the first time I wanted a shoe and couldn't get it. I think I did come away with a method to do this online and increase my odds to secure kicks in the future, so that's good. I also have a pretty good local network, so chances are still high I come away with at least one pair, but typically like to secure two...but for me this time around things are different. I'm always up for a good challenge, but now I may have lost the desire to collect and wear Jordans. I told my wife I may even part with my deadstck collection and I swear I saw her shed a tear since she knows how I love these sneakers.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Lol this doesn't make you a sneakerhead literally, but it's a common practice of sneakerheads. I done seem countless sneakerheads do it. No big deal if anything more funny than anything else. As stated just an antic a pretty funny antic.
the fact that you tried to explain it.....idk....this era of buying Jordans is now in rapid decline when people are explaining licking the bottom soles 
indifferent.gif
licking your shoes like those fools from those concord videos actually makes you look like a moron. it doesnt make you an "official" sneakerhead. Did you consider that those shoes may have been placed on some dirty surface in the factories in asia?
laugh.gif

Thank you. Have you seen Contagion?

Woke Up This Morning With ZERO Intentions Of Picking Up This Release...... Decided It Best To Go Have A Look In Person At The Quality So As I Wasn't Regretful Down The Line For Passing On 'Em.... Having Had An OG PAir Back In '97 I Was A Bit Skeptical About How These Were Going To Turn Out, But Something Kept Me In Line For The Hour And A Half Until It Was Time To Hand Out Tickets..... When The Champs Employee Got To Me, They Had Already Run Out Of My Size 10 (Turns Out They Only Release ONE Size 10 To The Public
30t6p3b.gif
), So I Ended Up Settling On A Size 12 With Hopes Of Trading For My True Size....... Sure Enough, The Big Homie Proballer From Here On NT Ended Up Getting Stuck With A Size 10 Up In Wyoming And Was In Need Of This 12 I Was Stuck With

All In All, Not A Bad Release IMO, Although These New Jordan Brand Box's Are About As CHEAP As It Gets
indifferent.gif

*Decided To Pull The Ol' "Flints" Out Of Hibernation To Go And Peep Out These Playoff's

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Nice heats. I wore my CG IV's to go get these Playoffs. It's crazy how all these people waiting in line talk about they got this and that but when they show up, none of them are wearing anything eye catching. I think most of em are BS but then again they might have em. I was expecting to see people showoff their kicks. Guess not.

^ I was thinking the same thing.
No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

In 2004 they sold out fast too, but prices on eBay weren't even close to this.  It seems that every shoe since the concords is going for OD re-sell prices and to be honest, the XII was never that hyped of a shoe.  Sure, its considered durable, looks clean and has a solid following but in comparison to others in the Jordan lineup they never commanded crazy prices.  There's definitely a brand new generation of dudes SUPER hyped to buy some retro's and make sure to really over pay for them SMH to each their own though.......... 

There's almost two markets developing. The prices for the older Playoff 12's is steady. I went on eBay and found a DS OG pair for $315 today size 10.5. Then some 18 year old chump is posting in the BS "HEAT PLAYOFF 12s GREAT PRICE". I step inside and it's $270. Only an idiot n00b would pay $270 for these 2012s. It's astounding really, but that buyer exists. I paid less than retail for an 04 pair in great shape this afternoon and feel great about the purchase, actually better because I know it's a better shoe and has a lot of sport and comfort. The wonderful thing is the real collectors still know the real value and don't distort it, unless of course they just want to test the waters with n00b buyers. Stay patient, look around, you'll find great shoes. Today I saw OG 13s in mint condition for under $200 in numerous colorways. The legit people are still out there with good deals, but you won't find them on new releases that every schmuck thinks is worth twice retail.

Originally Posted by casper90403

Oh snap forgot to mention this but checkout this guy on eBay made me die laughing and scream retail all over ithttp://www.ebay.com/itm/J...m4ab6abfdf7#ht_500wt_922" Jordan 12 flu game playoff" Lol

forget about what he listed them as. it could have been intentional, hoping to draw in someone looking for flu games but stumbling into the playoffs. Thats extremely common.

what's funny is the listing is at $255 with 12 hours to go. Should go for over $280. Thats unreal.

Tired of people complaining about quality (que the you're a hypebeast and will settle for less quality, yada yada yada). Damn shoe snobs. I absolutely love my pair. still built like tanks. Why even compare them to OG's. Thats dumb. 

On the look out for pair #2. These fit pretty true for me. Wore my playoff XIII's all day today, and these felt the same. I do have wide feet though.

Not being snobby, but the silhouette of the OG and 04 even just torch the new look. I can get past cheaper leather and even the plastic eyelets, but when the entire silhouette changes, and you don't grab them on release day, it's a no brainer. I'll take the cheaper, better quality, better looking release. Not the banana, long and tall expensive version with cheap materials. Im not saying you're wrong for purchasing, but in the secondary market the 2012 is a very poor value.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

No real heat other than the most recent retro releases (white/red 14's, Concords, Stealth 10's).

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.

luckily I never was a big fans of the obsidians so pass for me. on the fence about the white/red 11 lows, but def coppin the vi olympics in july!

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by casper90403

Not being snobby, but the silhouette of the OG and 04 even just torch the new look. I can get past cheaper leather and even the plastic eyelets, but when the entire silhouette changes, and you don't grab them on release day, it's a no brainer. I'll take the cheaper, better quality, better looking release. Not the banana, long and tall expensive version with cheap materials. Im not saying you're wrong for purchasing, but in the secondary market the 2012 is a very poor value.

there lies the problem, as i mentioned. You're still comparing it to the OG and '04. Continue to do that and you'll rarely cop a retro.

I wore my BHM 3's.

pimp.gif

I'm telling you bro. Every one was in $40 Vans trying to buy J's. I'm not hating on Vans or anything but I guess I was just expecting more. Oh well.
I was about to head up to the mall with my 3s then I realized if I got jacked which pair would I not mind gettin' got for. 

Honestly if i was to line up id probably show up in some vans or something comfortable. Not out there trying to impress anyone just trying to get my shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom