AIR JORDAN 12 XII — COOL GREY/WHITE - TEAM ORANGE — CONFIRMED 5/19/2012

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

The bubble will burst soon enough. Deteriorating quality and a couple more price hikes will def burst that bubble. They always burst. Jb is no different.

Yea I'm sure GE Apple and Sony will be soon to follow
laugh.gif
Rebates and other incentives that apple, ge, and sony offer for their products makes them a lot less likely to suffer the same fate. Besides as time goes on, the quality and the technological advancements of their products will always keep them ahead. Jb, on the other hand doesn't have any of that... only  matter of time.
Honestly...you and thousands of others on this board and elsewhere on the Internet have been making this proclamation since Jordan retired the first time...and then again after the second retirement and again after the third...then, again and again and again and again ever since...

Everytime a Jordan Retro doesn't sell out 100% the first day...the "Jordan Brand is dead" threads come out and all I can do is laugh...you do realize that EVERY other company/brand, etc would LOVE to have the "flops" (as you guys refer to them) that Jordan Brand has when they "only" sell 1/2 of the hundreds of thousands of units they put in the marketplace on a release...

Facts are facts...Jordan Brand has the largest market share (by far) in the highest profile category of athletic shoes (a multi-billion-dollar industry)...this isn't Internet companies in the 90s..."the bubble"...really?

This is a brand that is built on a legacy of not only the greatest basketball player ever...but, the top performing, as well as recognizable athletes of all time...probably only second to Ali (and, maybe first in many peoples eyes)...Jordan will forever live on in the minds of not only sports fans and their children and their childrens children...but, in the undefinable arena of pop culture...

Some of you guys ought to get off the Internet and enter the real world...your narrow field of thinking isn't going to get you anywhere...

JM

intresting release very intresting i agre with fam couple replys up some people mad they slept lol

I totally slept and walked into my local spot and copped 30 minutes ago. They still had my size around but sold out in every other size. They said they had a line and I was shocked, I really didn't think that people would line up for these. Oh well, I got some great sleep, lol.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Yea I'm sure GE Apple and Sony will be soon to follow
laugh.gif
Rebates and other incentives that apple, ge, and sony offer for their products makes them a lot less likely to suffer the same fate. Besides as time goes on, the quality and the technological advancements of their products will always keep them ahead. Jb, on the other hand doesn't have any of that... only  matter of time.
Honestly...you and thousands of others on this board and elsewhere on the Internet have been making this proclamation since Jordan retired the first time...and then again after the second retirement and again after the third...then, again and again and again and again ever since...

Everytime a Jordan Retro doesn't sell out 100% the first day...the "Jordan Brand is dead" threads come out and all I can do is laugh...you do realize that EVERY other company/brand, etc would LOVE to have the "flops" (as you guys refer to them) that Jordan Brand has when they "only" sell 1/2 of the hundreds of thousands of units they put in the marketplace on a release...

Facts are facts...Jordan Brand has the largest market share (by far) in the highest profile category of athletic shoes (a multi-billion-dollar industry)...this isn't Internet companies in the 90s..."the bubble"...really?

This is a brand that is built on a legacy of not only the greatest basketball player ever...but, the top performing, as well as recognizable athletes of all time...probably only second to Ali (and, maybe first in many peoples eyes)...Jordan will forever live on in the minds of not only sports fans and their children and their childrens children...but, in the undefinable arena of pop culture...

Some of you guys ought to get off the Internet and enter the real world...your narrow field of thinking isn't going to get you anywhere...

JM
Nike will suffer the same fate as converse and Adidas during pre-jordan era. It ALWAYS happens!! There will be a time when rocking jay's from the mid 80's and late 90's just aren't going to be in anymore. Given a couple more price hikes along with deteriorating quality, it'll happen sooner than most people think. It happens to every company. Ford, GM, and microsoft. If you continue to sell crap products at a higher rate, your competitors WILL leave you behind.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at you guys thinking that nike is one of those too big to fail type of companies. And i'm narrow minded??

the bubble for jordan will never burst, you know why? cause they can keep releasing the same %+++ over and over and its gonna keep selling out.

next year after black / red 11s come out, they can release spacejams again and have a sell out, same for cool greys.

they can release drop CDP 12s from a few years ago and have it sell out
laugh.gif

cement 3s in 2-3 years

etc etc.....

you guys dont understand that JB can re-release OG colorways on the same rotation every 4-6 years and have them sell out, thats not including all the retro plus colorways that can either sell out right away or sell out slowly.

not to mention all the shoes that havent been retroed yet
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JB got you guys by the balls
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

I can't wait until the Jordan bubble bursts. There is NO WAY this fake colorway shud sell out.
PLEASE hold your breathe...

You and a ton of other people on this board have been throwing it out there continually for the past 10 years...hasn't happened yet and there is no reason to think that it will...

JM
It will eventually burst. Holding your oxygen would not be advisable, cause I dont see it happening any time soon. 
If they continue to hike their prices and make poor quality products they will eventually. I can't believe people are really speaking of nike as if they were similar to the likes of jp moran+chase, hsbc, bank of america, and citigroup. Nike will never be to big to fail.

I can't wait until the Jordan bubble bursts. There is NO WAY this fake colorway shud sell out.

You and a ton of other people on this board have been throwing it out there continually for the past 10 years...hasn't happened yet and there is no reason to think that it will...

JM
naw, there's was DEFINITELY a decline in da mid 2000's...around da same time da military IV's dropped...alot of those kicks sat on shelves for

months...

LOL @ dudes comparing the recent surge in reselling to tech & car companies. 3 totally different arenas that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. As far as how long this will last my guess is as good as any but I give it 2 years tops.

Did I say they were exactly the same? Its called using examples to show comparisons.....plain and simple,we live in a capitalist country where the main goal for companies isto maximize profits....whas the easiest way to do that? Take short cuts and decrease quality. While increasing price at the same time...look at 95% of companies mission statement,there will be the words maximize and/or profit/wealth in there.

Please give me a present day example with a company that increases quality and descreases price

Ill wait
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mazz305

LOL @ dudes comparing the recent surge in reselling to tech & car companies. 3 totally different arenas that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. As far as how long this will last my guess is as good as any but I give it 2 years tops.
The references were meant to demonstrate the negative affects that poor quality and price hikes can have on a leading multi-billion dollar company. The few companies i mentioned served as case studies. That is all.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

no jordan release will ever be the same after the concords.

Eh, the thought the XIs lows were pretty easy. X stealths are still on shelves. You are right though, these XIIs are garbage and wouldn't have sold out if it weren't for this fad. The XIIs in 04 and 09 didn't sell well, why all of a sudden.

i cant believe people are going crazy for these. this colorway is mad boring, as a matter of fact, im tired of Cool Grey colorways in general.

i mostly go after OG colorways but opted to get the Cavs 4s last weekend. im pleased and know I made the right decision

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Did I say they were exactly the same? Its called using examples to show comparisons.....plain and simple,we live in a capitalist country where the main goal for companies isto maximize profits....whas the easiest way to do that? Take short cuts and decrease quality. While increasing price at the same time...look at 95% of companies mission statement,there will be the words maximize and/or profit/wealth in there.

Please give me a present day example with a company that increases quality and descreases price

Ill wait
laugh.gif
Not sure if you're directing this comment to me, but i'm going to respond anyways. You're 100% right and i agree with about companies taking shortcuts in a effort to try to maximize profits. HOWEVER, we do live in a world where innovation and success is driven my competition while company A is cutting down on quality and continues to bulk up the price, company B is pushing itself to come out with superior items, at a cheaper if not at the same price.

Heads up for anyone looking for a size 10. Most likely not picking up my pair at NTSM since the people who hit me up on CL flaked. AFAIK, they do phone orders for unclaimed pairs on Monday, so just look out for a tweet.

Can someone educate me on why NDC did not release at 8am this morning?  Has there been an offical announcement as to a new checkout system or anything?  They also did not release the Pacqiao's at 8am yesterday as Eastbay did.  Apologize if I missed this answer somewhere within this topic.  Thanks

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Ill wait
laugh.gif
Not sure if you're directing this comment to me, but i'm going to respond anyways. You're 100% right and i agree with about companies taking shortcuts in a effort to try to maximize profits. HOWEVER, we do live in a world where innovation and success is driven my competition while company A is cutting down on quality and continues to bulk up the price, company B is pushing itself to come out with superior items, at a cheaper if not at the same price.

In North Jersey this colorway is sold out everywhere. As I said before, I like the colorway and will ds them tomorrow.
Also, the stores (champs, FA & FL ) are starting a policy whereby the receipts are being stamped final sale. This should cut down on resellers
who buy on hype and retun when they cannot make a minimum profit level. I applaud the stores for doing this.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

no jordan release will ever be the same after the concords.

Eh, the thought the XIs lows were pretty easy. X stealths are still on shelves. You are right though, these XIIs are garbage and wouldn't have sold out if it weren't for this fad. The XIIs in 04 and 09 didn't sell well, why all of a sudden.

One reason surely to be considered is that there are way more sneakerheads than ever before. Add in all the young asian dudes from the last 3 years and you have a recipe for trememdous demand with no end in sight. Ten years ago how many asian dudes did you see at a release?     

Originally Posted by h22809

Can someone educate me on why NDC did not release at 8am this morning?  Has there been an offical announcement as to a new checkout system or anything?  They also did not release the Pacqiao's at 8am yesterday as Eastbay did.  Apologize if I missed this answer somewhere within this topic.  Thanks

Yeah I remember there was a report a few days ago on a couple of different shoe sites that said NDC would be delayed in releasing the XII and that olympic air max pack. I'm guessing the servers thought it'd be a madhouse. They were wrong.

I'm bouta go pick up mine from my homie that copped a few extra sizes.. I'm trading him my cav 4s for these plus he's giving $100 on top... he's been my homie for hellllla so I think its good for both parties

Originally Posted by ninjahood

JM
naw, there's was DEFINITELY a decline in da mid 2000's...around da same time da military IV's dropped...alot of those kicks sat on shelves for

months...
Correct.
I even stopped buying around this time for years until 2011. They kept releasing unwanted retros dubzeros, then fusions which turned me off

where are all you LAMES with your multiple box shots of these? YOU BEASTS SICKEN ME!!!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me these moved decently. But to me it is one of the shoes that if i couldn't stroll in to the mall on my own time this weekend to make the decision to pass or not, i wouldn't be to disappointed and just move on to the next release i like.

Back
Top Bottom