Air Jordan 13 Retro Ray Allen PE (boston home)

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by all19mjs

Heading home from Boston with mine

was gonna give you a
pimp.gif

then i saw your sig

indifferent.gif

*kanye shrugs so

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by DRO3000

The only solution is for stores to step up and tell people that they can't camp out. Plain and simple. They need to have rules and have the mall security enforce them. This stuff is getting out of hand!

I think a lottery or raffle is the solution to all these limited releases.  The shops getting them can put a ballot box out weeks prior and you can put your name and size on there.  If youre lucky enough to get called, then you get to cop the kicks........looking back at how everyone handled this release, I think Sole Fly actually did the best release out of the bunch......and the Niketown or HOH whichever one that said no line ups and then handed out wrist bands did the worst IMO, you cant go back on what you said in the spur of a moment.

Yea, the raffle idea would be great. Everyone would be able to get a fair shake at buying and it would reduce the chaos all together.

what about if they just gave out numbers to whoever came first and then only sell to those with a number, then it is really fair (first come first served, but with a little order). That's what they did for my SJs (SBs) this morning and it worked out fine. Guys were selling their spots in line too. it worked out very well.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

I don't remember people fighting over white/green jordan IVs. I guess if you throw a Ray Allen logo on the tongue & make it limited, that makes a white/green shoe much more appealing lol

Your only looking at it from a demand stand point and forgetting to factor in the supply part of the equation.

Obama-confused-1.jpg

I was referring to the supply of the iv's jack #%*.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by DRO3000

I think a lottery or raffle is the solution to all these limited releases.  The shops getting them can put a ballot box out weeks prior and you can put your name and size on there.  If youre lucky enough to get called, then you get to cop the kicks........looking back at how everyone handled this release, I think Sole Fly actually did the best release out of the bunch......and the Niketown or HOH whichever one that said no line ups and then handed out wrist bands did the worst IMO, you cant go back on what you said in the spur of a moment.

Yea, the raffle idea would be great. Everyone would be able to get a fair shake at buying and it would reduce the chaos all together.

what about if they just gave out numbers to whoever came first and then only sell to those with a number, then it is really fair (first come first served, but with a little order). That's what they did for my SJs (SBs) this morning and it worked out fine. Guys were selling their spots in line too. it worked out very well.

Because then you would still have guys camping out. They need to find a way to get rid of this camping nonsense altogether. 

So i was refreshing the Finishline page all night.. at 11:49 they went up, i got a 9.5, checked out, confirmation email the whole 9 yards, tried for a 10.0, the screen said one pair per customer, @ 11:52 the 9,10,13 was gone but all the rest where still on.. 11:55 it was empty...... then at like 12:02 twitter said they where online, AFTER EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!! then Finishline CRASHED...
SO i woke up and called finishline to verify my order had been shipped... They told me that i had a dif shipping address from my billing address so they put my order on hold, even though i verified the address right then and there, they said they couldnt accept it until someone came in MONDAY MORNING!!!!!!! I asked to talk to their boss, their boss told me i PROLLY WOULDNT GET THEM IF I WANTED A REFUND! I said, NNNOOOOO!!! What order did i order my item in? Becuase i literally ordered at 11:49 when they went up, had all my info saved so i pressed enter 3 times and BOOM done!! and i still had time to buy several other pairs if the ONE pair system wasnt in place! They refused to tell me what order i ordered my item in, i said JUST CHECK THE TIMESTAMP ON ATHE ORDER???? I am so heated, i have to wait until monday morning to hear back from them?????

DID ANYONE ELSE WITH A FINISHINE CONFIRMATION GET A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION YET??? WHEN I ORDERED MY MOTORSPORT SIXES I GOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION EMAIL THE NEXT MORNING!

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

NikeTalkers=emo sneaker collectors when pairless

Qft. A lot of classless morons on here shunned 3 FNL EXECS to hell for getting 3 of 34 pairs. It's not that serious people! If any of u were execs u would've tripled up. The sneaker culture isn't about all that nonsense and hatred. This thread had really good info up till about a week ago but has recently been bombarded by iss crybaby banter. You can flame me if u want but it's the truth.

Originally Posted by Rodrigo23

So i was refreshing the Finishline page all night.. at 11:49 they went up, i got a 9.5, checked out, confirmation email the whole 9 yards, tried for a 10.0, the screen said one pair per customer, @ 11:52 the 9,10,13 was gone but all the rest where still on.. 11:55 it was empty...... then at like 12:02 twitter said they where online, AFTER EVERYTHING WAS GONE!!! then Finishline CRASHED...
SO i woke up and called finishline to verify my order had been shipped... They told me that i had a dif shipping address from my billing address so they put my order on hold, even though i verified the address right then and there, they said they couldnt accept it until someone came in MONDAY MORNING!!!!!!! I asked to talk to their boss, their boss told me i PROLLY WOULDNT GET THEM IF I WANTED A REFUND! I said, NNNOOOOO!!! What order did i order my item in? Becuase i literally ordered at 11:49 when they went up, had all my info saved so i pressed enter 3 times and BOOM done!! and i still had time to buy several other pairs if the ONE pair system wasnt in place! They refused to tell me what order i ordered my item in, i said JUST CHECK THE TIMESTAMP ON ATHE ORDER???? I am so heated, i have to wait until monday morning to hear back from them?????

DID ANYONE ELSE WITH A FINISHINE CONFIRMATION GET A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION YET??? WHEN I ORDERED MY MOTORSPORT SIXES I GOT A SHIPPING CONFIRMATION EMAIL THE NEXT MORNING!

Originally Posted by ACGrizzy

I don't remember people fighting over white/green jordan IVs. I guess if you throw a Ray Allen logo on the tongue & make it limited, that makes a white/green shoe much more appealing lol
Well, if you're a Celtics fan (like I am) and a Ray Allen fan (like I am), then those changes might have a little something to do with why they're more appealing than a random green/white shoe.

I don't understand why people can't grasp that it's not the "limited" part that some of us wanted these for.  If it were GR, I'd still want to have a pair, and so would a lot of Celtics and/or Ray fans.  There's no way I'm paying reseller prices for them, though, so this money goes to a possible AJ 2011 ID pair.  Ex-girl to next girl....

Waddup guys...... so are these gonna be available again in the future? Or is this it? And what's the re-sale value gonna be in a few months or even a year? $1200 - $1500 maybe?

No yet my man. Just relax, I've never heard of shoes being shipped the very next day after a midnight release. I always ship to my job instead of my house and never had any problems. Just chill.

Best system would be a set "release party" with a raffle system.  That way, people would have to claim the shoes right then and there (as well as avoid all the "battle for first in line" stuff).  Just have a set time frame for when the "lottery"/party starts, when the tickets are handed out, and when it all ends so people can be there for it.  Doesn't have to be long... probably like a half hour or so (just to get everyone lined up somewhere, distribute the tickets, and then finish the raffle).

To avoid people getting multiple tickets, just have everyone line up at a certain time (probably outside the store... at a time that was previously announced) and go down the line handing out the tickets then.

Have a couple security guards around the store/exits, and it should go fine.

Should work a lot better than this "stampede to the door" stuff.

But how did that guy get 8 pairs?????????????
eek.gif
  Couldn't have been at retail...............

Not that I want to bring this up as an example but during the Casey Anthony trial here in Florida, the public were allowed to camp outside the courthouse for an opportunity to witness the trial. Needless to say, after a few days of this occurring where people had been "camping" overnight for their spot everyday to sit in, violence began to ensue and people fought for space. Very similar to the plight of one camping for a Shoe Release. So, how was this resolved? Well they simply made people wait in line a day in advance to earn a ticket and then the next day only those with a ticket can sit during the trial. Although it doesn't solve the camping element 100%, at least it resolves the large crowds and influx of people loitering and waiting around the courthouse. Same can be said for shoe releases. Shoe releases on Saturday. Allow people to wait in line only on date before (Friday) for allotted tickets. Then when release date Saturday arrives, only those with tickets will be allowed at the store site for that purchase!
Now of course the obvious question one may ask is "what if I didn't come on Saturday (pause) to purchase that Shoe?" "what if I was just arriving at the store to purchase something else?" ...

That answer unfortunately I have not thought of just yet 
ohwell.gif

cmon guys debating whether or not i should drop $730 for a size 14 of these on ebay? can these get up to $1200 down the line?

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Best system would be a set "release party" with a raffle system.  That way, people would have to claim the shoes right then and there (as well as avoid all the "battle for first in line" stuff).  Just have a set time frame for when the "lottery"/party starts, when the tickets are handed out, and when it all ends so people can be there for it.  Doesn't have to be long... probably like a half hour or so (just to get everyone lined up somewhere, distribute the tickets, and then finish the raffle).

To avoid people getting multiple tickets, just have everyone line up at a certain time (probably outside the store... at a time that was previously announced) and go down the line handing out the tickets then.

Have a couple security guards around the store/exits, and it should go fine.

Should work a lot better than this "stampede to the door" stuff.

eek.gif

He's from HK and has a plug there. He's on the other site.

Originally Posted by Swish Hitter

cmon guys debating whether or not i should drop $730 for a size 14 of these on ebay? can these get up to $1200 down the line?
Your money, do what you want. If you want them and won't regret it pull the trigger. No one knows if they will sore in price or just crash and burn if they re-release. Take the chance if it won't hurt you if they price goes down.

Originally Posted by ajkatt

Originally Posted by Swish Hitter

Your money, do what you want. If you want them and won't regret it pull the trigger. No one knows if they will sore in price or just crash and burn if they re-release. Take the chance if it won't hurt you if they price goes down.
ughhhhhhhh i don't know anymore. are these gonna re-release or that's definitely not happening?

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

eek.gif

He's from HK and has a plug there. He's on the other site.
I see that now.  Ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom