Air Jordan 13 Retro Ray Allen PE (boston home)

Yeah, finishline did everybody dirty, putting them up about 11:45 or 11:50. It was 11:51 and just out of curiousity I refreshed the page and they were up, so I clicked to see if there was a timer counting down like on eastbay and there was like 7 different sizes still available. Tried to scoop a 10, got it in to the cart, got all the way to checkout and paypal login and right when I went to confirm they hit me with the "The item in your cart is no longer available." Oh well. Wasn't stressing these that much anyway, but it's ridiculous that it's come down to people nearly killing eachother and the riot squad sickign dogs on people over all of this.

Originally Posted by MJ23Forever

Originally Posted by casper90403

^^You dropped out of school for some shoes but saying its a shame what this hobby has become kid!!! You're part of the problem. Calling it like i see it, and it doesnt matter if you've been here 20 years or 20 minutes. Dont make comments about this hobby becoming a shame when you left college with $250 to your name, slumming it for 5 days. Look in the mirror.

guys like you call yourselves sneakerheads. I'll never call myself a sneakerhead. Thats a 4 letter word to me. I just love shoes. I'll wear flip flops the day i have to camp out. I'll continue to pay retail for easy releases, but more for tougher releases because i have an adult job. You'll figure it out one day.

Again, enjoy your shoes, you damn well deserved it. In fact, you should get an award for going through the trouble. I hope them shoes love you back.

You should go back and re read my posts. I missed one summer class & two days of work...... I wouldn't throw my future away from some shoes. If that was the situation I would have paid resellers prices.. All I had was 250 and I made it work. What point are you trying to prove my man ? Maybe when I graduate college and have a full time job I won't have to pull crazy stunts like this, but until then I gotta make due with what I have.
absolutely nothing wrong with what you did, your business. I missed a summer class and one afternoon of work for blue lobsters and dont regret it. theres no asterisk on my degree.
glad you got a pair after putting in your work 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AIRRON

^its a shame whats become of this hobby? Didnt you drop out of college and head to Boston with only $250 to your name? Thats a shame, but hey, you got your pair. CONGRATS.

it will become useful on that resume.

your a hater, get a life 
right, this coming from a guy who can't figure out whether if he likes a shoe or not, because of what someone paid. Unlike most, the minute these were announced was the instance i knew i wouldnt be getting these shoes, unless i paid 5+ times the retail.

^^You dropped out of school for some shoes but saying its a shame what this hobby has become kid!!! You're part of the problem. Calling it like i see it, and it doesnt matter if you've been here 20 years or 20 minutes. Dont make comments about this hobby becoming a shame when you left college with $250 to your name, slumming it for 5 days. Look in the mirror.

guys like you call yourselves sneakerheads. I'll never call myself a sneakerhead. Thats a 4 letter word to me. I just love shoes. I'll wear flip flops the day i have to camp out. I'll continue to pay retail for easy releases, but more for tougher releases because i have an adult job. You'll figure it out one day.

Again, enjoy your shoes, you damn well deserved it. In fact, you should get an award for going through the trouble. I hope them shoes love you back.

You should go back and re read my posts. I missed one summer class & two days of work...... I wouldn't throw my future away from some shoes. If that was the situation I would have paid resellers prices.. All I had was 250 and I made it work. What point are you trying to prove my man ? Maybe when I graduate college and have a full time job I won't have to pull crazy stunts like this, but until then I gotta make due with what I have.
enjoy your shoe bro, but dont talk about how shameful this hobby is. You're not understand my rant.

didn't want these that much but for some reason I am highly disappointed. I think it's because I actually tried and came SO close to getting them. I don't even know why I am still in here checking this thread, smh!? . . . "on to the next one."

Originally Posted by AIRRON

^its a shame whats become of this hobby? Didnt you drop out of college and head to Boston with only $250 to your name? Thats a shame, but hey, you got your pair. CONGRATS.

it will become useful on that resume.

your a hater, get a life 
right, this coming from a guy who can't figure out whether if he likes a shoe or not, because of what someone paid. Unlike most, the minute these were announced was the instance i knew i wouldnt be getting these shoes, unless i paid 5+ times the retail.

whether if he likes a shoe or not? Ok "casper"

^^yes you AIRRON, the guy who said the Quai V's were fire, but then found out people like me paid $275 and said they were ugly as hell, and now you're back in love and trying how to cop those. Make up your mind guy. Thats being a hater.

Carry on.

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

guidos-bros-douchebags-fratboys-cause-sulu-said-so.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow the hate is getting stronger lol

I love watching this happen once a month.......not much I can do where Im at but sit and chuckle
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.........yall def go hard for sneakers and  I think its great!!!

I catch your rant.. What I'm saying is it is a shame what I had to do to get these. I camped out tuesday because I saw what was going on at Niketown and knew what I was going to have to do and did it. I never had to camp for shoes before.. This was my first time & I knew it would be an experience. Back in 06 I went to the mall 3 hrs before opening and picked up my Defining Moments Package. If they dropped that package in the present time people would be camping for weeks. I'm not promoting camping. I'm saying its a damn shame the people who actually collect are forced to compete alongside people who do it just to make money.

it is a shame what you had to go through. Yet, you'll be back copping Jordans in the future. So in reality, its not a shame. JB can do this because of hard core heads like you. If anything, you'll appreciate these even more.

Congrats and good luck to you when the XI's come out. We shall revisit this again shortly.

Originally Posted by ManfromOz

^wow thats insane if true. Is that normal or accepted over there? StangzNkickz50 said he was embarrassed, but only coz he wasted all his time. Not that ppl were
behaving like such animals that they were getting shot at and clubbed by police, and sounding like they'd destroy anything in their way. Sounds like something you
would see in a movie, a hollywood blockbuster where the end of the world has happened and a small group of vigilantes survive and mob rules. Im thinking Kevin Kostners
Waterworld. Sorry but thats some messed up society just over some shoes. Is that everywhere in America? I dont want to make a generalisation.

I also thought it weird that ppl like AirUpHere23 sounded like they were saying its the fault of the corporations (like Nike/Jb and stores), for the way they released the product. But
not the fault of the ppl that were acting like animals. So your saying its JB's fault for not releasing many pairs, and thats why ppl are acting the way they do, stabbing ppl? Yeah, this is
what they want, they get publicity and brand recognition. Dont care about consequences, coz at the end of the day their making profits. But still, you let your self be played and manipulated like that?

I think one of the major problems in the world is that ppl dont take responsibility for their own actions. You can control the way you act, and re-act.

I agree with a few others, stuff like this makes me ashamed to be labeled a 'sneakerhead' in the same group as those ppl. Some will say "survival of the fittest" and what not, but
its that kind of 'in it for myself, look out for number 1' sh*t that is dragging us ALL down. I may be wrong, its just my opinion, everyone's welcome to theirs.

I'm not saying people, especially grown people, should not know how to control themselves because they definitely should. I'm just saying that it's the corporations faults for creating these types of scenarios every single time which lead to these kinds of outcomes. As far as publicity goes, the quality and top tier status of a product should be all you need to gain a fan base and make $ which is what Nike and JB have been doing since MJ first put on his first AJ's in 1985....People still got robbed and shot for sneakers back then, but it was usually due to financial reasons when during those years the latest Jordans were always in stock . Now you have these same companies perpetuating these same kinds of outcomes through other means such as this, due to carelessness and mismanagement....

In that Finishline situation, all they needed to do was a raffle. But nooo....that would be too much to ask.
laugh.gif
 So let's allow a played-out scenario to unfold once again, and have everyone and their grandfather run through the mall to line up without any other thought of reasoning. Yeah that makes sense...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

eek.gif
 and
tired.gif
 to what this release has done to people.

And just when I thought the Banned 1 release was bad, this Ray Allen 13 release is a all time low. People sacrificing their jobs and education, mob fights, possible robberies, and a swarm of rants & raves on Twitter over a pair of shoes? It's obvious that Jordan Brand didnt release these to please the consumers. If that was true, they would have released more (even if it were to various HOHs throughout the US). They did it to test the market to see how gullible their consumers would be and to what length they would go through to get them. Granted I love Jordans and the 13s are one of my favorite sig models, but my dignity wouldnt let me go after this shoe.

Damn do I respect you...preach on bruh

It doesnt make it that bad when you put it like that. I thought you had actually quit school and missed a entire week of work to get these. But still, I have never seen the point of camping out. I'd rather just pay the resell value than waste my time. But then again, this comes from someone who has enough sneakers laying around that he can do a quick fire sale to get the money. Thats how I paid for my South Beaches and Banned 1s. but congrats on your pickup, hope you enjoy them to the fullest
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by derry1

eek.gif
 and
tired.gif

And just when I thought the Banned 1 release was bad, this Ray Allen 13 release is a all time low. People sacrificing their jobs and education, mob fights, possible robberies, and a swarm of rants & raves on Twitter over a pair of shoes? It's obvious that Jordan Brand didnt release these to please the consumers. If that was true, they would have released more (even if it were to various HOHs throughout the US). They did it to test the market to see how gullible their consumers would be and to what length they would go through to get them. Granted I love Jordans and the 13s are one of my favorite sig models, but my dignity wouldnt let me go after this shoe.

thanks fam much appreciated

and to everyone else, remember these famous words "if you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything". I may be in the minority, but Jordan Brand has dictated my life but enough is enough. It's bad enough that they do limited releases like this to piss off their consumers, but keep in mind that theyre raising prices once again in the fall. You have to ask yourself how much more can you take from this brand? I'm not saying to quit them completely, but use discresion and buy what YOU feel is absolutely necessary sneaker wise.

Everyone that's talking about how "the game" has changed and that they're stepping away from sneaker collecting or whatever needs to realize that it's been like this for a LONG time at least in the bay. Nothing has changed, resellers have been around since I can remember for any limited release. Grown men and families were camping out for DMP's and girls were getting trampled, every Niketown Artist Series release at NTSF has been wild and don't forget the CG 11 fiasco in 2001.

The only solution is for stores to step up and tell people that they can't camp out. Plain and simple. They need to have rules and have the mall security enforce them. This stuff is getting out of hand!

I don't know when ill be wearing them. If we ever find out what's going on with the rumored 2nd release then ill make my decision.

Originally Posted by derry1

eek.gif
 and
tired.gif

thanks fam much appreciated

and to everyone else, remember these famous words "if you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything". I may be in the minority, but Jordan Brand has dictated my life but enough is enough. It's bad enough that they do limited releases like this to piss off their consumers, but keep in mind that theyre raising prices once again in the fall. You have to ask yourself how much more can you take from this brand? I'm not saying to quit them completely, but use discresion and buy what YOU feel is absolutely necessary sneaker wise.

the homie sthebest AKA "Mr. Make My XI Soles Blue" speaking the truth there 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom