Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

Im shootin for double. Pretty much the only thing i want this year along with black 6's though the infrared 3's were a nice surprise.

I didn't really mind the ribs on the retros. I am happy these are coming back cause I beat mine to the ground

Via Sole Collector

Along with the previously previewed look, next year will also bring us another release of the iconic 'Black Toe' Air Jordan XIV.
Last reissued back in 2006 with ribbed leather overlays, the 2014 'Black Toe' Air Jordan 14 Retro will make its return in original form with a full smooth leather build and a black nubuck toe. The classic Chicago-inspired color scheme is finished off with hits of varsity red over the tongue branding and collar accents.

View media item 693831

Am i the only one excited for this retro!?

looks quite authentic to the ogs i had.
Despite these were the initial colorway, i must say i liked these the least. My favorites were the black/reds and white/reds.
now i like the black/ingiglo-whites most.

The black and red OG was my first pair Jordan's. Hard to forget because they dropped on 3/27 my birthday and I was suspended from school (8th grade) for beating up a kid messing with my sister. If not for that reason mom wouldn't have looked out. Ha ha ha sorry for the rant. That's why the 14 is my favorite though.

I like some cws on the XIVs but not really the model itself. The Laney lows, these, last shots, indiglos, and chartreuses.

Everyone gonna be 14 lover when these drop.

laugh.gif

These won't sit like the Last Shots did in 2011.

I know that was before the Concords, but if the White/Reds weren't a QS in 2012, those would of sat.

Face it, 14s and 2s are the least "sought after" unless they're limited.

I just want 1 pair, y'all can cop 16 pairs if you want.
these are the only 14s i want tbh

Only change I see is the chrome silver part. It was a dull silver before.

though it might be the lighting issue. I cannot imagine that they paint the whole footplate in chrome as it will scratch off even easier than on the dull silver.

14's are hot... cant wait for these and the grey/blue...!!!
most comfortable pair of J's I have ever owned..

In 2005, XIVs sat for months. And I mean EVERY single colorway. Even the "limited" ones. 

Fast forward almost 10 years later and people actually hyped up for these. Times have changed

Last edited:

In 2005, XIVs sat for months. And I mean EVERY single colorway. Even the "limited" ones. 

Fast forward almost 10 years later and people actually hyped up for these. Times have changed
That's because we bought what we LIKED, bruh.

These Kids love ANY Air Jordan Retro these days, no matter what. Especially if they find out that they're an "original" colorway. Even Turrible Retros sellout, nowadays.

It's all apart of this SneakerHead FAD that's going on... these kids don't have a connection to the Sneaker in any way, period. 

They just love the Hype of something... and Hype = Popularity for them if they can land a pair. It's all about the Chase.

Air Jordan Retro's are 90's Baby Self-Esteem Boosters.

That's because we bought what we LIKED, bruh.

These Kids love ANY Air Jordan Retro these days, no matter what. Especially if they find out that they're an "original" colorway. Even Turrible Retros sellout, nowadays.

It's all apart of this SneakerHead FAD that's going on... these kids don't have a connection to the Sneaker in any way, period. 

They just love the Hype of something... and Hype = Popularity for them if they can land a pair. It's all about the Chase.

Air Jordan Retro's are 90's Baby Self-Esteem Boosters.

View media item 688362
Im only 23 but been in the game since 04-05 (I started out young lol) but as far as sneakers go I feel like an OG compared to these new cats. I've had a few impulse buys in my day but at the end of the day if I didnt like it I didnt buy it simple as that. Cant lie feels good to know I was here before the hype days no offense to the young cats who do it for the love now just sucks u guys didnt get to experience how things used to be

Im only 23 but been in the game since 04-05 (I started out young lol) but as far as sneakers go I feel like an OG compared to these new cats. I've had a few impulse buys in my day but at the end of the day if I didnt like it I didnt buy it simple as that. Cant lie feels good to know I was here before the hype days no offense to the young cats who do it for the love now just sucks u guys didnt get to experience how things used to be
EXACTLY. 
nthat.gif

And yea, it's definitely not every one of the young guys... I still feel there's probably the same amount of guys/girls who do it for the Love as we did back in the day.

I started about 8 years before you. I'm a dinosaur in the game now but in a strange twist it's kinda like it was back then. The hype for the 3 sig lines, Jordan's and foams have made it easy to get everything else. Take the Reebok Battleground retro for example. Great leather, quality and being totally slept on cause it's not what's hot.

View media item 749361

EXACTLY. :nthat:

And yea, it's definitely not every one of the young guys... I still feel there's probably the same amount of guys/girls who do it for the Love as we did back in the day.
Yea I agree it probably is the amount of people that do it for the right reasons its just hard to distinguish between them and the hypebeast sometime until they open they mouth hypebeast say the darnest things lol
I started about 8 years before you. I'm a dinosaur in the game now but in a strange twist it's kinda like it was back then. The hype for the 3 sig lines, Jordan's and foams have made it easy to get everything else. Take the Reebok Battleground retro for example. Great leather, quality and being totally slept on cause it's not what's hot.
Been in the game for a min now ur a real OG fam and yea if its not whats hot nobody will even bother to look at how great another shoe is smh

my first pair of J's, back in '98 needless to say i beat them into the ground...bought them out in Hawaii while i was out there for a Bowl Game for Pop Warner....We played on Turf, yup rocked these mugs on game day lol...ahhhhhhhhhhh

eightfivefresh eightfivefresh and scrilla410 scrilla410 I agree with what both you guys say. I'm one of the newer heads that are into sneakers but the way some of them act :smh: just look in the carmine 6 thread lol but he hype for jordans have made me distance myself from nike and JB little by little

People saying these won't do well on release day. Man I can absolutely see these flying off shelves at least where I'm at (Houston). Great she and colorway. I'm excited for them.

One of the top jordans im looking foward to this year. I kind of prefer the ribbed version but I know these are true to the original..cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom