Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

Personally, I think the 15s beat all those out for being the least sought after. I mean I don't care much for the ones you name either, but I'd still take them over the ugly *** 15s

We know 15s will never see the light of day again...maybe

Last edited:
And 7s and 8s. I mean you can get last years playoff 8s for damn near retail
This right here was definitely NOT the Case 10 Years Ago... both the 7's & 8's were Childhood Gems for us 80's Babies, so these FLEW Off Shelves back in 03-04.

The 90's Babies don't have the same connection with the shoe like we did, so most don't have desire for them and feel they're "Too 90's" looking... 
eyes.gif

This right here was definitely NOT the Case 10 Years Ago... both the 7's & 8's were Childhood Gems for us 80's Babies, so these FLEW Off Shelves back in 03-04.

The 90's Babies don't have the same connection with the shoe like we did, so most don't have desire for them and feel they're "Too 90's" looking... :rolleyes

Gotta disagree.

I worked at shoe store then and the black and red vii and white/carolina vii SAT

Hell, the white n red viii sat, and we even had the black n chrome 8s for at least a week.

And that was right outside DC!

Gotta disagree.

I worked at shoe store then and the black and red vii and white/carolina vii SAT

Hell, the white n red viii sat, and we even had the black n chrome 8s for at least a week.

And that was right outside DC!
Maybe it's a regional thing, bc that definitely wasn't the case here in Ohio. There's always exceptions... plus the quantity was major.

The 90's Babies don't have the same connection with the shoe like we did, so most don't have desire for them and feel they're "Too 90's" looking... 
eyes.gif
50/50

back in 04 i was still in college and all the shoes released back then you could've gone to the mall and pick them up a week or two after release in scarce sizes. WSS used to get them and I was able to waltz into WSS try on the 04 playoff xii from a selection of fsr. BUT if you waited too long they would still be gone, just not like the crazy train we riding today that new releases will be gone in hours.

50/50

back in 04 i was still in college and all the shoes released back then you could've gone to the mall and pick them up a week or two after release in scarce sizes. WSS used to get them and I was able to waltz into WSS try on the 04 playoff xii from a selection of fsr. BUT if you waited too long they would still be gone, just not like the crazy train we riding today that new releases will be gone in hours.
It was my freshman year of college, as well. And VERY TRUE, bro... I should've clarified that "Flew Off Shelves" ten years ago was completely different from today's version of "flew off shelves"... 

And 7s and 8s. I mean you can get last years playoff 8s for damn near retail

The 90's Babies don't have the same connection with the shoe like we did, so most don't have desire for them and feel they're "Too 90's" looking... :rolleyes
I go for what I like, I think the 8s are one of the best jordans(some colorways aside like the Suns)
Defiantly the playoffs and bugs Bunny's are 2 if my most favorite. Want to the chromes but I think the material prolly gonna be crackin after a few wears now.

Last edited:

It was my freshman year of college, as well. And VERY TRUE, bro... I should've clarified that "Flew Off Shelves" ten years ago was completely different from today's version of "flew off shelves"... 
exactly, it's just ridiculous today. if i can get them from ndc or raffle i'll get them if not...then that's okay. i refuse to pay and get from resellers that buys'em from footlocker one min and then instantly takes crappy photos and put them up on ebay trying to make less than $20. lol

7s & 8s sat bro. Everything sat 10 years ago, minding 3s & 13s. I remember pickin up Olympic 7s like 6 days after release in 2004.

Last edited:
VIII's and VII's have always been a strange release as far as Retro's are concerned...Back in 2003 I remember hitting up Nike Town after work looking to purchase a pair of the Black / Chrome's VIII's on release day only to be told they had sold through their inventory...It was no big deal since I just walked down to Just For Feet and copped without hassle...I think that was the first time I'd ever been told that a shoe had been sold out...I remember the Bug's Retro's that year, which I passed on, sold through within the first weekend if I remember correctly and that was amazing to me at the time...

Jump to 07' and all colorway's sat until pics started surfacing with Mr. West rocking the Aqua's, it was game over after that...We all know how last year's releases went, hell I doubled up on the Black / Red's from a local Foot Locker a week and a half after they dropped...

Black / Red VII's were easily acquired here in Vegas a couple years ago...I purchased from a FNL on Las Vegas Blvd. the Monday after they dropped...Yet when the Olympic color-ups released it was complete chaos...

Oxidize XIV's would be highly coveted, but INDIGLO's are pretty much Grails for Me.
nthat.gif

I made such a Young & Dumb, Peer-Pressured Move on these in Fall 1999.

Long Story Short... my Nana took to me to Footaction and I chose $70 ALL-WHITE Air Force Ones over the Last Pair of Indiglos... mind you the Indiglo's were on Clearance for $49.99!!!!

To Top it off, the next Summer of 2000, a couple days before School started, I chose All-White AF1's over $49.99 "Fire Red" (Nike Air) Jordan V Retro's.

I was a SUCKA, bruh. But I felt I had to maintain my AF1 Game since I had been rocking Forces since 7th Grade ('97) before anyone else in my schools were up on em. DUMMY.
mean.gif

BEAUTIFUL. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^So underrated, just look at that shoe man, JB made a masterpiece with the xiv

So far since making this thread I have to say that this has been one of the calmest JB retro threads I have seen. 0 arguing and nonsense :lol: I hope all of us trying to cop will cook on this release :nthat:

glad theyre doing it w/o the ribbing true to OG form. Its like 1998 all over again!

^ word, I think the xiv fanbase is more of a true sneakerhead fanbase, not all hype, just love for a really good shoe

Oxidize XIV's would be highly coveted, but INDIGLO's are pretty much Grails for Me. :nthat:

I made such a Young & Dumb, Peer-Pressured Move on these in Fall 1999.

Long Story Short... my Nana took to me to Footaction and I chose $70 ALL-WHITE Air Force Ones over the Last Pair of Indiglos... mind you the Indiglo's were on Clearance for $49.99!!!!

To Top it off, the next Summer of 2000, a couple days before School started, I chose All-White AF1's over $49.99 "Fire Red" (Nike Air) Jordan V Retro's.

I was a SUCKA, bruh. But I felt I had to maintain my AF1 Game since I had been rocking Forces since 7th Grade ('97) before anyone else in my schools were up on em. DUMMY.:smh:

View media item 1030799  View media item 1030800

BEAUTIFUL. :pimp:  

ahhhhh, my senior year of high school. I missed out on these, had to start buying my own kicks 10th grade and when the Indiglos came out I didn't have the money. I think they eventually sold out before I could get my hands on them. If these retro next year :smokin :evil:

Last edited:
I had the og black toe xiv but sold them a few years back.

Websites are saying smooth leather but i could have sworn the leather was not smooth it had crinkles in it no? It was also really thick leather.

Also i could not for the life of understand why nike would retro the xiv and put insoles in the shoe that covered the vents on the inner sides of the midsole lol

Two things most i remember about the xiv. One. The little vents in the midsole made my feet cool on that part of the shoe on cold days :lol: Second the strong smell of the shoe kind of like the og adidss the kobe smell

The xiv is probably the most sophisticated looking jordan of all time

I had the og black toe xiv but sold them a few years back.

Websites are saying smooth leather but i could have sworn the leather was not smooth it had crinkles in it no? It was also really thick leather.

Also i could not for the life of understand why nike would retro the xiv and put insoles in the shoe that covered the vents on the inner sides of the midsole lol

Two things most i remember about the xiv. One. The little vents in the midsole made my feet cool on that part of the shoe on cold days
laugh.gif
Second the strong smell of the shoe kind of like the og adidss the kobe smell

The xiv is probably the most sophisticated looking jordan of all time
It was legit, thick Tumbled Leather on the Black Toes & Oxidize, etc... no crinkles, just a High Grade of Material.

And you're Right! I forgot about that SMELL... it was really peculiar too, I don't know if it was from the materials used on the Inside or what, but XIV's def. had a SMELL to them.

I threw out my OG Black Toe's back in like 2010, and they STILL had a Scent to them that day. Very Distinct!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom