Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

CONFESSION: Not proud of this by any stretch... but I got my 1st pair of OG XIV's when I Stole them out of a Classmates Gym Locker in 9th Grade.

They were these exact OG Black Toe XIV's in a size 13... sitting in an Unlocked Locker and they were Semi-Beat bc this was about a year later in Fall 1999, but I had to have them.

I was smart enough to not wear them to school, but I loved those joints... always felt guilty about it, bc I heard the guy was asking about them the next week in Gym Class.

At the time I didn't have any Jordan's and my people couldn't afford them. I know... doesn't make it right.

I ended up throwing em out about 5 yrs ago. I need to purchase this pair to take some of the Guilt off. 
mean.gif
reported. no thieves are welcomed on this site

It was legit, thick Tumbled Leather on the Black Toes & Oxidize, etc... no crinkles, just a High Grade of Material.

And you're Right! I forgot about that SMELL... it was really peculiar too, I don't know if it was from the materials used on the Inside or what, but XIV's def. had a SMELL to them.

I threw out my OG Black Toe's back in like 2010, and they STILL had a Scent to them that day. Very Distinct!

Yes. My og xiv still have that smell

thanks for your opinion but there is no "possibly $100" about it. i would say $300 on average. from holy grails to moderately popular jordans. mind you this was back in my day when i collected jordans. as of now im not trippin on wearing all the hot jordans (even though i can) as i dress more age appropriate. this is just to help you have a more educated and informed opinion. for example...

View media item 1093606

and yes i have had these for years. A VERY GOOD INVESTMENT (in my opinion)

Very good? Yeah if you sold them in 2009-10.

Now? Sitting on em for an extra 100 or 200.
(190 now).

Same thing with my og xiv. White n red. Retros came and killed resell.

that **** was the worst when i was in high school. i had so much **** stolen from me.... i didn't think twice when i had the chance at a pair of tmac's in an unlocked locker. its like cleaners in seinfeld (or was it curb your enthusiasm?), you win some, you lose some.. but everyone steals to make it right LOL. guarantee you that kid stole a pair of shoes from someone else to make it right. plus, you don't leave J's in an unlocked locker. You were just enforcing general rule lol.
LOL!!! It was kinda like that, but I don't know WHY we like that. High School is full of Degenerates.

I don't know man, I used to steal ALOT between 9th - 10th Grade... I was going through some stuff, so it was a phase.
mean.gif

Confession 2, I guess: But I jacked like $25 out of one of my guys' Wallets while we were hooping at Lunch Time and my team had next. I never told him, but I didn't hesitate to give him a ride years later while he was slanging dope around '05... helped him make a few drop offs, like a dummy, and ain't even ask for Gas Money. We was riding HOT going across town for a few hrs, so I def. feel I more than paid him back.
sick.gif

@eightfivefresh

Yea man I would scrape some money up and buy homeboy a pair, if you can. Who knows it might lead to a ever lasting beautiful friendship

Or a beautiful beat down
LOL, that's why I'm still thinking. Who knows how his Life turned out, so he may want drama. I mean, he wasn't a close friend. We were Cool and I've seen him since HS, but IDK.
Yes. My og xiv still have that smell
To Everyone that's copped AJ XIV Retros since 2006... do they still have the same Smell as OG's? 
nerd.gif

in that case bout 3/4 of the site aint welcome :lol:

me included
These mods are makin this site suck here lately. I got reported for askin for an alley oop the other day when the kobe beethovens dropped. Thought that's what we were here for to help each other. I don't believe I broke any rules. Ridiculous. #lightenup

Last edited:
in that case bout 3/4 of the site aint welcome :lol:

me included
These mods are makin this site suck here lately. I got reported for askin for an alley oop the other day when the kobe beethovens dropped. Thought that's what we were here for to help each other. I don't believe I broke any rules. Ridiculous. #lightenup
oops are against the rules now cuz it counts as selling I guess, stupid I know. What a helping community

oops are against the rules now cuz it counts as selling I guess, stupid I know. What a helping community
How is posting a NIKE link selling somebody something? I'm buying and dealing with Nike only. No business is being done between members. Guess it's against the rules to promote Nike sales. Lol imagine that.

Last edited:
How is posting a NIKE link selling somebody something? I'm buying and dealing with Nike only. No business is being done between members. Guess it's against the rules to promote Nike sales. Lol imagine that.
funny thing is, is that one of the admins said gm's being fake is up for discussion. So makes sense the oop rule is in place :/

"OOPS" outside the Buy/sell forums have ALWAYS been against the rules. Trust me, it ain't new.

The fact that you're trying to help someone out for whatever price, isn't the issue. We don't care if it's for retail or less or even if its for a trade. it's the presence of a transaction that needs to take place which is frowned upon. If we allow everybody to start selling randomly, it's a free for all and it opens people up to get hustled. Plus, many of the so-called "oops" aren't even for retail. Someone is alwyas trying to make a quick buck.  If you really want to help someone out, stop being lazy and post that stuff up in the buy/sell forums. Oh, you haven't been approved to post there yet? Oh well. Put your time in on this site like everybody else has. It ain't that hard. You need to sell immediately? Use ebay.

It's just recently that y'all thought "ooping" was okay because someone came up with a clever new name. Bottom line, it's still selling.

Posting Nike/Finishline/Eastbay/Footlocker/Champs/Footaction/etc links are okay. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, we encourage it. pPsting links have always been okay as long as you're not trying to promote your own auctions/items for sale. Speaking of which, posting live link auctions are prohibited anyways. For one, half the time someone posts an auction link it is a disguised attempt at promoting thier own auctions. And secondly, why hurt someone's chances at getting something for a good deal if you just blew up the auction?

READ THE GIANT WALL OF TEXTS WE POST. Seriously, it's all in there.

It's not that we're trying to eliminate helping each other out, you just need to do it in the appropriate section of Niketalk.

Warnings will continue. Suspensions will follow.

Last edited:
How would this 14 bring hype to anything else? They are gonna be trying to give away all the 14s this year.

Yah the only one with any sort of big hype will be the red suedes. These will get hyped since this is an OG cw and the nicest pair of 14s to come out (imo of course) but these won't sell out that quickly

Yah the only one with any sort of big hype will be the red suedes. These will get hyped since this is an OG cw and the nicest pair of 14s to come out (imo of course) but these won't sell out that quickly

Judging by pics, they look crappy in material, but the 14s need to be broken in to feel comfortable. To say the least, cheap and thin material will allow these to be broken in quicker, especially with out the ribs. Are these really 175? I find that hard to believe and will try to cop under retail.

Glad I didnt pay crazy for these a while back.

What the hell is a oop? Lol ive been on this site since the beginning and this is the first ive heard of that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom