Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

I'll ball up all these "ballers" on here. If you want performance go get a hyperdunk. These dont hurt half as bad when your playing in them, like you all are saying.It takes almost a week to break in a shoe. Not just shooting around with your friend. I'm not a know it all, I just know not to expect too much from retros, performsnce wise. Go get some team jordans lol

it's crazy hearing people complain about the comfort on these when i first tried them on they were stiff but after one day of wear the ankle support is reasonably comfortable.only minor complaint comfort wise is the insoles are not but that is expected with jb retros. 

people have to realize it is MEMORY FOAM. If you just try them on and don't even tie them up, yeah it's going to be stiff because it has to form to your frigging ankles. It's not going to be molded right out of the box.... What was the last memory foam shoe you wore in the last 5 years? most of these complaints are probably just because it feels "different"

Last edited:
people have to realize it is MEMORY FOAM. If you just try them on and don't even tie them up, yeah it's going to be stiff because it has to form to your frigging ankles. It's not going to be molded right out of the box.... What was the last memory foam shoe you wore in the last 5 years? most of these complaints are probably just because it feels "different"

The ankle padding is fine. The rest of the inside of the shoe is nonexistent and feels like they stopped production after the ankle padding.

you do know what memory foam is right? 

memory foam is used so the collar doesn't compress over time like standard foams. it has nothing to do with having the foam shaped to your ankle. the upside for memory foam is that they also provide instant fit to anyone's ankle and no need to break them in like standard foams that will need some wear to compress in the right spot.

and the last AJ that had these foam were the 2009 and they didn't need break-in for the collar but the toe box being stiff. 

Let's face it guys if you want comfort you can't expect a shoe with 20+ year old tech to be up to par. If you want something to ball in grab yourself some Melos or something else from JB with newer technology in them....oh wait those aren't what's hot in the streets nvm

zy7hqd.gif

Let's face it guys if you want comfort you can't expect a shoe with 20+ year old tech to be up to par. If you want something to ball in grab yourself some Melos or something else from JB with newer technology in them....oh wait those aren't what's hot in the streets nvm
If they made them made them with the same materials and cushioning they did back in 1999 then they'd be fine, but we all know that isn't the case. I'd say even better to wear than some of the plastic lunarlon garbage that Nike passes off as shoes nowadays.

I'd rather have a leather shoe with decent zoom like we had in the late 90s early 00s than some plastic or whatever other synthetic material Nike now uses to "save weight". More likely to save money

I don't have pics to prove it (big mistake on my part) but when I received these late last week (ordered from FA), by far the worst quality retro release I have ever purchased.  Upon inspecting the shoes right out of the box there was a cut in the leather on the upper part of the shoe near the laces AND all sorts of what appeared to be paint chipping or bad paint job all together!!!  I immediately returned these for the $192 dollars that I had to shell out.  I also copped a pair on OS life that I should have in hand tomorrow...I am crossing my fingers the quality is better than what I received from the major retailer!!!

you do know what memory foam is right? 

memory foam is used so the collar doesn't compress over time like standard foams. it has nothing to do with having the foam shaped to your ankle. the upside for memory foam is that they also provide instant fit to anyone's ankle and no need to break them in like standard foams that will need some wear to compress in the right spot.

and the last AJ that had these foam were the 2009 and they didn't need break-in for the collar but the toe box being stiff. 
Hence shaping to your ankles............................. smart alec. don't tell me they only used memory foam so they wouldn't compress over time cause that's ********. It has EVERYTHING to do with the foam shaping to your ankle lol.... the upside is that it maybe doesn't compress as much over time. and ok one shoe 5 years ago so I guess the few who bought those might remember what it felt like

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom