Air Jordan 14 White/Red 2012 Retro

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by datdude0903

this colorway is alright, but i really want some black toe XIVs..
without the holes on the sides...the originals from '98-'99 lockout season

hope we see these in 2012 also. Dnt mind the wht/red releasing. Will add to summer shoes.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Nice, they just need to retro the White/Black 14's without the "ribs" on the side, like the OG's and I will be good.

yup. give us the real OG white/black 14s.

hrij3s.gif

These are some of the best shoes I've ever played ball in. Hopefully I will be able to add another couple of pairs to the collection.

Originally Posted by kaisodre

Didn't these JUST RETRO in '06?? Come on JB....step ur game up....
NOT IMPRESSED

How is 6 years JUST RETROING? Haven't you figured out yet that 6 years is the norm for JB's retro cycle? People need to stop acting so shocked and work with facts cause I'm not impressed by the lack of knowledge.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

NOT IMPRESSED

How is 6 years JUST RETROING? Haven't you figured out yet that 6 years is the norm for JB's retro cycle? People need to stop acting so shocked and work with facts cause I'm not impressed by the lack of knowledge.
The problem is that they retroed in huge quantities back in '06 (Adult sizes, GS, PS & TD). The quality in '06 was fair compared to the OGs, but these '12 retros are guaranteed to be crap with their shiny tumbled pleather and other cost cutting materials. The '06s also did not sell out - they hit the outlets, so it's a given that these inferior re-retros will too.

"How is 6 years JUST RETROING? Haven't you figured out yet that 6 years is the norm for JB's retro cycle? People need to stop acting so shocked and work with facts cause I'm not impressed by the lack of knowledge."

REALLY?? Let's do some quick research together shall we? When't the last time we had a XIV OG Black toe retro?? Never?? When's the last time we had an OG White/Carolina XIV? Never?? When's the last time we had the Oxidized?? NEVER Come on now....I picked ONE MODEL.....And came up with 3 COLORWAYS that have NEVER RETROED and yet......we get Candy cane XIV TWICE in a 5 year span?? Like I said earlier JB....STEP UR GAME UP  not a hard concept...if you just released a shoe....release a different colour....I was gonna leave it but you pissed me off......It was released in 2006 by the way...which actually makes it 5 YEARS ago...not 6....maybe you should step ur game up as well.....  

Originally Posted by vood99

NOT IMPRESSED

The problem is that they retroed in huge quantities back in '06 (Adult sizes, GS, PS & TD). The quality in '06 was fair compared to the OGs, but these '12 retros are guaranteed to be crap with their shiny tumbled pleather and other cost cutting materials. The '06s also did not sell out - they hit the outlets, so it's a given that these inferior re-retros will too.

I disagree. The Graphite XIVs that released a few weeks ago were sold in much smaller quantities. You can expect similar runs (as has already been discussed in the Last Shot thread) for these. Secondly, head over to the last shot thread which has detailed side by sides of the OG last shots vs the 06 vs the 11's. The 11's have much better leather, with more grain, pretty much on par with the OGs. The photos don't lie. So given the early photos of these, the quality makes me think they will have a similar improvement, better than the '06 and closer to the OG.
What does quantity have to do with anything though? Do people around here really want there to be fewer shoes released over longer periods of time to inflate the value of their collections? Is that what this is about? If so, I'm just completely different from you people. Fact remains though, 6 years is the average cycle in between retros of a given model.

I disagree. The Graphite XIVs that released a few weeks ago were sold in much smaller quantities. You can expect similar runs (as has already been discussed in the Last Shot thread) for these. Secondly, head over to the last shot thread which has detailed side by sides of the OG last shots vs the 06 vs the 11's. The 11's have much better leather, with more grain, pretty much on par with the OGs. The photos don't lie. So given the early photos of these, the quality makes me think they will have a similar improvement, better than the '06 and closer to the OG.
What does quantity have to do with anything though? Do people around here really want there to be fewer shoes released over longer periods of time to inflate the value of their collections? Is that what this is about? If so, I'm just completely different from you people. Fact remains though, 6 years is the average cycle in between retros of a given model.

The Graphite XIV retros are a Family release (Adult, GS, PS, TD) - I'm not sure where you're getting the Limited Release info from. A Limited release would be a QS in Adult sizes or a GS only release. Additionally the Graphite XIVs are terrible with their grey suede uppers.

Please don't be fooled by photographs of the upcoming XIVs - the Chinese factories are replicating the tumbled look onto synthetic pleather. The difference lies in the feel and touch and I highly recommend that you wear an OG or '05 pair then go put on one of the '10 or '11 retros.

I'd would've liked to see the wht/blk colorway with out ribs down the side be retroed, my og's are in need of a breather Pass on these Just give me the last shots and Im good

the only 14s i personally liked. might have to cop if its on discount. trying to not buy jordans for retail. its just getting too expensive. love the colorway though. plain with no skittle type colorways.

The Graphite XIV retros are a Family release (Adult, GS, PS, TD) - I'm not sure where you're getting the Limited Release info from. A Limited release would be a QS in Adult sizes or a GS only release. Additionally the Graphite XIVs are terrible with their grey suede uppers.

Please don't be fooled by photographs of the upcoming XIVs - the Chinese factories are replicating the tumbled look onto synthetic pleather. The difference lies in the feel and touch and I highly recommend that you wear an OG or '05 pair then go put on one of the '10 or '11 retros.

I couldn't wear my OG pair cause they fell apart. My white/red XIV was the worst pair of Jordsns I ever had. The teeth peeled so quickly, then the glue came up underneath them, and the toecap and ankle rubber of the sole split. Undoubtedly the worst pair I have ever purchased as far a OGs go. The 15s and 16s were way better. Just the materials and construction, so I have hopes this retro is at least above that low standard.You're right that look and feel are different things, but you can tell a lot about the quality of the leather but how full grain it is. The Last Shots aren't pleather, and I'll stand by that. My only point regarding the release is that the Graphites were a smaller run, the smallest of the year for a GR, according to my local go-to place. People have said the same thing about the last shots. It will be GR but not a huge run. I highly doubt these make their way to outlets again. JB knows the market pretty well right now and there have been VERY limited numbers of OG colorways makin it to outlets in 2011.

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

A Limited release would be a QS in Adult sizes or a GS only release.

A limited release does not always equate to it being a QS.
Agreed. You have Hyperstrike, LS, etc...

I couldn't wear my OG pair cause they fell apart. My white/red XIV was the worst pair of Jordsns I ever had. The teeth peeled so quickly, then the glue came up underneath them, and the toecap and ankle rubber of the sole split. Undoubtedly the worst pair I have ever purchased as far a OGs go. The 15s and 16s were way better. Just the materials and construction, so I have hopes this retro is at least above that low standard.You're right that look and feel are different things, but you can tell a lot about the quality of the leather but how full grain it is. The Last Shots aren't pleather, and I'll stand by that. My only point regarding the release is that the Graphites were a smaller run, the smallest of the year for a GR, according to my local go-to place. People have said the same thing about the last shots. It will be GR but not a huge run. I highly doubt these make their way to outlets again. JB knows the market pretty well right now and there have been VERY limited numbers of OG colorways makin it to outlets in 2011.
Honestly bro, if you don't have any XIVs and you need a pair then by all means get the upcoming re-retros. As a long time collector I guess I'm jaded with the over-saturation of low quality JB product and tired of seeing everyone and their dog own a pair without knowing or appreciating the heritage of the brand. Nevertheless I'm NOT attacking you as you are definitely knowledgeable but if you can score a pair from '05 for a reasonable price then go that route.

Regarding OG colourways hitting the outlets, this varies based on location. In the US the demand for JB product is alot higher than in Canada - so the chances of an OG colourway hitting the outlet are alot lower.

I didn't say you were attacking me, I just think it's ridiculous that thread after thread people are busting their balls for a retro every 6 years like it just happened yesterday. That's the cycle. It always has been. 94 -> 2000 -> 2006 -> 2012. There's deviation given the model and colorway, some a little less, some a little more. Anyone with knowledge of Jordans should understand this is how it's worked and will continue to go. I'm not stressin getting a pair of these, I was simply pointing out that the quality of these 2012s isn't going to be awful, and the quality of the OGs wasn't particularly good either. I had the OGs sitting in my closet until about 2 months ago and from what I've seen in these photos, there's nothing dramatically different in the materials used. The XIV is one of the shoes that had obvious quality issues in it's original form, and the retros have actually provided better quality in overall materials used. What I was getting at though was that these aren't going to sit on shelves. I'm aware the '06's are available at a good price, but if you think these won't sell out and that JB doesn't know what they're doing with this particular colorway or model, you're mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom