Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

:rofl: I remember my mom got me these cause the lows were cheaper than the highs back in the day.

Coppers will be copped :smokin

First pair of J's in almost 2 years :smokin :smokin

Haha not by much though. $150 for some low tops in summer of 2002 was unheard of at that time, let alone the $200 for the standard version.

if we didnt get the original box for the twentys then we arent getting a briefcase or bag for these. the thrilling packaging is gone

if we didnt get the original box for the twentys then we arent getting a briefcase or bag for these. the thrilling packaging is gone
True, I feel like Nike/JB are gradually riding into the sunset until a new super star emerges. Lebron tried but Nike needs a star that can create a dynasty like Jordan did for the Bulls or Jeter with the Yankees.

Didn't know this model was different from the regular 17

Release them white/blue n white/red

:rofl: I remember my mom got me these cause the lows were cheaper than the highs back in the day.

Coppers will be copped :smokin

First pair of J's in almost 2 years :smokin :smokin

I always thought that sockliner was nasty and a breeding ground for bacteria and bad smells...

It's no different from any other sock liner, except it's extended beyond the show itself and its a different material.

Last edited:
It's no different from any other sock liner, except it's extended beyond the show itself and its a different material.

This is why it is a problem.. Sock liners that stay inside the shoe aren't prone to gathering as much dirt and sweat as ones like this simply because they aren't as exposed to it.

This is why it is a problem.. Sock liners that stay inside the shoe aren't prone to gathering as much dirt and sweat as ones like this simply because they aren't as exposed to it.
You still have just as much exposure inside of a mid/high shoe with normal liner as you would in the 17 low. It's still on your ankle. Or at least that's how I look at at.

You still have just as much exposure inside of a mid/high shoe with normal liner as you would in the 17 low. It's still on your ankle. Or at least that's how I look at at.

Right but it is exposed so itis more inclined to pick up dirt. Think about when it rains, compared to the upper, your sockliner typically stays pretty dry (assuming you lace up your shoes properly). On these, the sockliner extends outside of the shoe so it would actually absorb more rain/dirt.

Last edited:
Right but it is exposed so itis more inclined to pick up dirt. Think about when it rains, compared to the upper, your sockliner typically stays pretty dry (assuming you lace up your shoes properly). On these, the sockliner extends outside of the shoe so it would actually absorb more rain/dirt.
Ahhh, I gotcha. I thought you were taking about the inside of the liner rather than the outside.

Ahhh, I gotcha. I thought you were taking about the inside of the liner rather than the outside.

Ohh no haha sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.. Also, for the record, I think the lows are dope except for this design issue. I think a solution might to be to cut the upper part of the liner. I've never played basketball in a pair but I would imagine having this liner constantly move while playing would get annoying.

Ohh no haha sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.. Also, for the record, I think the lows are dope except for this design issue. I think a solution might to be to cut the upper part of the liner. I've never played basketball in a pair but I would imagine having this liner constantly move while playing would get annoying.
I played in them a few years after release. They were casual for a few years before I started wearing them into the ground. The liner never moved at all.

Last edited:
I never liked the sockliner on the lows either. It always seemed like a weird design and I could never get over it

I would prefer for the college blues to come out instead, but i guess the copper 17s will do!!!!!!!! 

Back
Top Bottom