Air Jordan 17+ Retro "Copper" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The technology of the 17 is different from the 1-14. Nothing really changed that much (except for zoom air with the 12-14) but that's about it.

The selling price of s shoe has nothing to do with the technology. That's just what they want you to think. If you believe that, then Nike's marketing is working....which it does effectively on most.

Last edited:
The selling price of s shoe has nothing to do with the technology. That's just what they want you to think. If you believe that, then Nike's marketing is working....which it does effectively on most.
Absolutely right bro. Nothing about the AJ 4 or AJ 6 with Nike Air on the back justifies $220.

Last edited:
I want to see the black and red. I wonder if they're going to be suede.

$250 is crazy for these.

I remember when these came out in 2002, that $200 retail was unheard of and it was on the news and everything. $250 for these is giving me the same reaction as to how I felt in the 9th grade in 2002.. $250 is too much for these..

This dude on the Carmichael show has the bin 23 7s on[emoji]128557[/emoji]his kick game on point in this show...but yea 250 is a lot plus tax....with no suitcase,crazy

I love how posts like this are supposed to be educational or answer questions, while they ignore the components of the original retail cost that aren't a factor anymore when bringing them back for a retro :lol:

Even if we ignore the fact that retail for the 17+ has repeatedly been mentioned in this thread to not have been $200, there are costs that drove that $200 you plugged into the calculator that would pretty much not exist when making this 2016 iteration, so by blindly plugging in a number and using it as rationale for them overpricing products, you've let them sneak larger profit margins into the inflation process.

Regardless, there isn't much point to this conversation at this point. Customers have let JB see $250+ off of single transactions a multitude of times now. All that can be done is to show them that people aren't willing to do that for the 17+ by not buying them at retail.

Interested to see how these will do. I want them, but I want them for less than they even originally retailed for so if the opportunity never comes, I'll live.

Last edited:
Back in the day I think I had every pair of 17s released high and low. The only pair that matter are college blues now.

Yeah the whole thing about price because of technology is crap, if JB sold the Jordan 3 in 1988-2003 for $100 they could still sell it close to that, the Fire red 3's from 2007 were $135 so you're telling me the price went up $35 from 1988-2007 but from 2007-2013 it goes up $65? And prob up to $85 with remastered prices, now I know some materials and import and export prices can raise but not enough to take the shoes from $100 to $220 since there is no R&D to recuperate and they haven't used Genuine Leather in a long time (this might be changing with he remasters). Also doesn't the Jordan 1 cost like $20 to manufacture yet they sell it for $140+.

Last edited:
The 16 and 17's are some of my favorite 2000+ Jordans. However, if that price for the 17's is going to be over $200, it darn well better come with the case as with the original.

I'm a huge fan of 17s. Matter of fact, I place the 17s in my top 5 Jordan models, but I will neva eva eva evaaaaaaaaa pay over $200 for a shoe.

Seeing $250 (plus tax) makes me cry on the inside, because I also place the 16s and 18s in my top 5 and we know JB will be asking for an arm and a leg on those as well.

The 16 and 17's are some of my favorite 2000+ Jordans. However, if that price for the 17's is going to be over $200, it darn well better come with the case as with the original.
The 17+ came with the Jordan Face box and retailed for $200 compared to other Jordan's that retail for $100 and the retro is now $190-220 I think a $50 price raise is not the worst JB has done.

Last edited:
Any one else hoping for that cool Cd? 
pimp.gif

what these come out 04/9??!!! I still have my OG pair so i need these but i did not expect them to release so soon

No case with these bro.

That's too bad. When both the original 16's and 17's came out, I could never find my size. I was in college in the middle of nowhere (Southern IL University) and finding a size 15 was difficult, and with internet ordering not yet available, I was SOL. Well, hopefully the 16's will drop at $189 (I hope). After losing $100lbs, I now wear a size 14, which makes things easier.

I saw a pair of og copper 17+ at a convention on Sunday, they were definitely 200 retail. I'm holding off on these, till they drop the regular 17 or 17 low. I wasn't a fan of the + back then, and I'm not now.

I saw a pair of og copper 17+ at a convention on Sunday, they were definitely 200 retail. I'm holding off on these, till they drop the regular 17 or 17 low. I wasn't a fan of the + back then, and I'm not now.

Absolutely not... $165 my man. Fact.

Back
Top Bottom