Air Jordan 17 Retro - possible qt3 2013 (now with pics of box for proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
take that shoe string cover off
pimp.gif

Don't know why some are saying "NO PLEASE DONT RELEASE THOSE JUST MORE AJ 1-14 PLEASE!"
Come one, if you don't like them just don't buy. Other's want these badly because they either
missed out during OG release or their OGs are worn out.
Both Air Jordan XVII and XVIII sold well despite of the high retail price, also because MJ
graced them on the NBA hardwood, and they are interesting looking shoes.

I'm happy for the people that want these. The xvii aren't very comfortable for my fat foot so ill probably pass. I am upset that the xvi aren't getting retroed first though.

Originally Posted by kamueorcarl

Just got a some more info on the color codes, the 302720-061 code is Black, Red, and Silver.... So im thinking an all black XVII with red, and hints of silver... The other code 302720-140 is White, black, and blue.... So I dont think they will make a whole new color way of white, black, and blue.... So im calling it now.... all black with red and............ 

Your right about the college blues, but I'm sure the 061 colorway is gonna be black and silvers. I know 6 usually denotes red, but there have been exceptions. The white and reds would be a 106/116 type color code.

Originally Posted by prison mike

Just got a some more info on the color codes, the 302720-061 code is Black, Red, and Silver.... So im thinking an all black XVII with red, and hints of silver... The other code 302720-140 is White, black, and blue.... So I dont think they will make a whole new color way of white, black, and blue.... So im calling it now.... all black with red and............ 

Your right about the college blues, but I'm sure the 061 colorway is gonna be black and silvers. I know 6 usually denotes red, but there have been exceptions. The white and reds would be a 106/116 type color code.

Yeah, thats true.... But I was going off of the colors he told me, he said Black, Red, and Silver...... He also said one was an OG color and one was a new color.... So just me guessing im thinking the white, black, and blue is the OG.... If they are bringing back the XVII they have to start with a bang and whats better that the very 1st XVII.... to get the hype up.. We shall see tho..

Now as you can see the box clearly says AIR JORDAN XVII  I asked him to send me full pics of the box, he said the numbers on the bar code could tell where/who had the box, so he had to black it out... but he did send me product and color codes..... and the color description on both of the boxes... which are above in my 1st post.... I also informed him the the box has the old style box tag and he said they were in the making a few months ago before the new box tag came about.....

Now most of the XVII's came in a suitcase except for the XVII lows, so to make sure its not the lows, this box says XVII LOW 

The top pic has to be the coppers not the 2013 release. Although I do not own the coppers (because I did not like them at the time), they did come in the Jordan face box. I have all the lows, white/college blue and CDP. Also, if it was the 2013 release, it would have said Air Jordan XVII (17) RETRO.Edit: Never mind, It might just be the 2013 release. Coppers had XVII+. My fault.

Not sure how to feel about this but ok. I don't think I'll cop, my OG University Blues are still in great shape. I bet the beasts would be ALL over these
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I paid $75 for my pair.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Now as you can see the box clearly says AIR JORDAN XVII  I asked him to send me full pics of the box, he said the numbers on the bar code could tell where/who had the box, so he had to black it out... but he did send me product and color codes..... and the color description on both of the boxes... which are above in my 1st post.... I also informed him the the box has the old style box tag and he said they were in the making a few months ago before the new box tag came about.....

Now most of the XVII's came in a suitcase except for the XVII lows, so to make sure its not the lows, this box says XVII LOW 

The top pic has to be the coppers not the 2013 release. Although I do not own the coppers (because I did not like them at the time), they did come in the Jordan face box. I have all the lows, white/college blue and CDP. Also, if it was the 2013 release, it would have said Air Jordan XVII (17) RETRO. Edit: Never mind, It might just be the 2013 release. Coppers had XVII+. My fault.

I have coppers and it says XVII+, i just checked..... Edit - I just seen your post.

Patiently waiting on a reliable source,I'm calling duck tales for now.
BTW,why would JB retro the 17 before the 16?

I like the lows, the highs, not so much

The only thing good about the highs IMO was the case.

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

Patiently waiting on a reliable source,I'm calling duck tales for now.
BTW,why would JB retro the 17 before the 16?
The very first retro jordan in 94 was the I's then he went to III's and back to II's........ so what does that mean?

Calling ducktales... and that picture of the box label doesn't prove anything IMO.

That label is clearly the same style as the "face-box" Jordan box labels... which is a style they haven't made since approximately 2005. There is no reason that it would be brought back now... even to house a "sample" or whatever they are. Makes no sense.

Also, a few notes about that label:

- I have never seen an authentic Jordan box label have both the "roman numeral" and numeric number both listed for a signature/numbered pair from the Air Jordan line. It is either one or the other.
- It appears that there is too large of a gap/space between the "n" on Jordan to the "XVII"
- The font looks suspicious/small (when compared to labels of that era)... could just be the angle, but I don't know about it.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Calling ducktales... and that picture of the box label doesn't prove anything IMO.

That label is clearly the same style as the "face-box" Jordan box labels... which is a style they haven't made since approximately 2005. There is no reason that it would be brought back now... even to house a "sample" or whatever they are. Makes no sense.

Also, a few notes about that label:

- I have never seen an authentic Jordan box label have both the "roman numeral" and numeric number both listed for a signature/numbered pair from the Air Jordan line. It is either one or the other.
- It appears that there is too large of a gap/space between the "n" on Jordan to the "XVII"
- The font looks suspicious/small (when compared to labels of that era)... could just be the angle, but I don't know about it.

thank you. With all these sneakerheads in here i couldnt believe i was the only one that noticed. so much wrong with that label alone. not sayin they wont be retroed but that label was def. made by someone other than nike. ducktales for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom