Air Jordan 17 Retro - possible qt3 2013 (now with pics of box for proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by show time 96

17's are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 in my book but let's get some 16's first 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm saying though! 

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Calling ducktales... and that picture of the box label doesn't prove anything IMO.

That label is clearly the same style as the "face-box" Jordan box labels... which is a style they haven't made since approximately 2005. There is no reason that it would be brought back now... even to house a "sample" or whatever they are. Makes no sense.

Also, a few notes about that label:

- I have never seen an authentic Jordan box label have both the "roman numeral" and numeric number both listed for a signature/numbered pair from the Air Jordan line. It is either one or the other.
- It appears that there is too large of a gap/space between the "n" on Jordan to the "XVII"
- The font looks suspicious/small (when compared to labels of that era)... could just be the angle, but I don't know about it.
had to make sure i wasn't the only one.
plus wouldn't the label say retro
and why would they have pictures of labels before the actual shoe. do company's really make labels over a year in advance?

Give me some OG colorways and Ill be a happy man..... NO LOWS tho please!
I would be happy to see a BLACK / RED colorway!

prison mike wrote:
Looks like black/silvers and colleges blues. Both will be copped. 7th grade all over again. 
smokin.gif

QFMFT!

Had all the OGs back then. 

Only OG pair I still have is BLACK / METALLIC SILVER. COLLEGE BLUEs were my play shoes and  WHITE / REDs were my team basketball shoe.

I'll buy the white/blues for sure. They're one of the best Jordan's of all time in my book.

If you disagree, go play an entire season in these... they have out of this world comfort.

By the way...

CDP's > OG black/silver

I just prefer the suede/nubuck on the CDP model over the leather on the og's for the black colorway.

6020928453_ce5386d182.jpg

PLEASE. wore teh $#%* out of these. loved em so much didnt even match. wore em with a retro hawks jersey. I balled in em and a cat peed in em. need again

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Give me some OG colorways and Ill be a happy man..... NO LOWS tho please!
I would be happy to see a BLACK / RED colorway!

prison mike wrote:
Looks like black/silvers and colleges blues. Both will be copped. 7th grade all over again. 
smokin.gif
QFMFT!

Had all the OGs back then. 

Only OG pair I still have is BLACK / METALLIC SILVER. COLLEGE BLUEs were my play shoes and  WHITE / REDs were my team basketball shoe.

Ha, I didn't pick up the white/reds because that was our rival schools color. Our colors were blue and white so I wore the college blue for home games and then the black/silvers for road games since our road jerseys were black.

It'll be interesting to see how these sell now. I picked up my blacks for $150 from FTA and the college blues for like $80 from Galyans.

Box label doesn't look right.It would be way too early to have samples/pics if they are slated for a late 2013 drop ?

Release MJ's royal blue/copper lows, they are one of my all time favorite PEs.

But we know that won't happen because his hate for the Wizards.

Originally Posted by mobbyluii

its about time JB takes a break from retrying the 1-13's... Bravo and good move. All the new "sneaker heads" won't appreciate these.. I put mula on that...

That's word bro I bet u will b 100 percent right.

Ok, I can understand the hate because of allot of rumors on NT... But my source is 100% legit, he works for the marketing dept. of JB.. His job is to actually filter the media for unreleased info that may damage the company’s ability to make the most profit as possible of a product... so for example if someone post a article online that they accidently seen a shoe being made at a warehouse or something, its sent to him and he goes over it and decides if they can/should take legal action.... so sometime if they can’t take action on it, he leaks the info to me... So yes I know the box looks off, I never said it was the real deal, it could very well be a fake box, after all his job with JB is to hunt these type of leaks down but why else would he send me that picture, with everything blocked out but the words JORDAN XVII.. I was the one who dropped the 2nd release of the Altitudes and the info he sent me then was an empty box with the lime green sole inside...

I asked him if he could please send me anything, pic, or anything to confirm the XVII, and he sent me an article that was sent to him to investigate, he said they couldn’t do anything because the person who wrote the article put the wrong BLUE color combo, NOW MY QUESTION IS, WHY WAS A XVII MODEL IN A NIKE MEETING IN 2012 NO MATTER WHAT COLOR.... The date the article was wrote is 5/13/12, also take into consideration they are talking about the Lebron X that are not out yet, Iversons Questions that just dropped, and Blake Griffins who was not around when the XVII first dropped.. He seems to think this was someone at an annual meeting that Nike has where they decide which direction to go as far as marketing ideas for upcoming Nike products (Lebron X), and they also go over competitors marketing strategies, hence why they are talking about Reebok Iversons.... But anyway here is the link, I don’t know the website or anything, it was just sent to me......

http://www.nikejordanlivi...c-royal-air-jordan-xvii/

Originally Posted by prison mike

It'll be interesting to see how these sell now. I picked up my blacks for $150 from FTA and the college blues for like $80 from Galyans.

Those were the days.  I remember picking up a pair of Coppers on sale for $139.99.  Back then I thought I was still overpaying. 

Now as you can see the box clearly says AIR JORDAN XVII

Since when does Jordan put roman numerals on the box followed by the (number)?
It doesn't even say Retro.

I don't know if they box samples that way... so that could be it?

There is very little info here for 5 pages of "I want this OG colorway" and "no lows please", hahaha.

The article makes practically no sense, and is from a blatantly fake site. Not believing it.

I want some lows. I have all 3 mids except the 17+.
MJ's PEs in white/royal-copper with the 23 would
Be awesome. Or the lightnings or university blues
too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom