AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

I mean the US quite literally elected a President in 2016 who ran his entire campaign based on grievances lol

People seem to be fed up with corporations essentially controlling society but also don’t want to or even know how to make lasting changes. Social media has empowered them all as well. Even worse is the fake activists who fish likes, clout, etc. while doing essentially nothing to further any cause lol

Hell, even on NT, we’re all guilty of it to some degree with Nike/JB (obviously it is no comparison to the defense industry, big pharma, or big tech).
I’ve done my part by not buying from resellers. Those dudes struggling to make their monthly bot subscription fees right now. 😂😂😂

All in all this release is going to be disappointing since the WC3 and Fire Reds were so on point. I have no idea why Nike seems to take a step forward then 2 steps back.

That said, I’ve sold my 2018 pair, and these ARE the best BC3 retro to date. So I have really no choice but to be in. Just not nearly as excited as I was before when I was sure we were getting a near 1:1 version.

I'm in for 2 pairs just for the simple fact I'm not going to be doing this much longer
57568e3a6e510a1b8b1d8952_658472117.gif

Don’t worry, I think JB got 10 years tops left and then they gon fade to black or get pushed out the way.

Let’s face it man, as the days go by, kids care less and less about Jays.
I think, overall, the success of the Jordan line was due to impeccable timing. So many factors played a role in its success, that it can never be replicated. Ever.

It can’t just be attributed to MJ’s success on the court, because Kobe’s and LeBron’s line didn’t sniff what Jordan’s shoes were doing.

I think MJ’s success, when he became successful (after Bird/Magic), David Stern’s marketing genius and USA Basketball finally allowing pros in to make the game global, along with the fact that MJ’s prime years coincided with the rise of hip hop culture and his shoes being synonymous with rap - it was basically a perfect storm.

these are gonna be a cake walk boys ... JD & hibbet rewards for the win

cant wait for the mix & match in store for ideal pairs & factory talk:nthat:
cant-wait-football.gif

Don’t worry, I think JB got 10 years tops left and then they gon fade to black or get pushed out the way.

Let’s face it man, as the days go by, kids care less and less about Jays.
I’ve been thinking about this-as younger boomers who watched MJ when he joined the league die out and Gen Xers and older Millenials who watched him in his prime retire, etc. who will care about the actual basketball/historical legacy of the shoes?

It makes me think Js will eventually become fancy Chuck Taylor’s in the future (think in the 2050s and 2060s) and that too, likely only a few models (I, IIIs, and IVs, specifically) that are worn for “streetwear staple”/fashion purposes (like AF1s, Chucks, etc. are worn).

Honestly, I’ve played guitar most of my life and I bet 99% of people who own some sort of Les Paul could not name a single Les Paul song lol

Why do y'all keep speaking on JB not lasting when it's literally the most profitable show line by a mile. I think y'all are just getting older and projecting your own pessimism about the brand onto others.

Then you're lying to yourself.
Speaking for myself…never seen MJ play live during his career nor can riddle off every known fact about him.

Besides that, the Jordan Brand transcends beyond basketball or the man himself simply because of the Jumpman logo. It’s simply a status symbol no matter what that’s lasted close to 4 decades now.

Speaking for myself…never seen MJ play live during his career nor can riddle off every known fact about him.

Besides that, the Jordan Brand transcends beyond basketball or the man himself simply because of the Jumpman logo. It’s simply a status symbol no matter what that’s lasted close to 4 decades now.

You're proving my point.

Your desire to own his shoes has nothing to do with him as a player. I didn't see him play in his prime either. I was born in 96.

Doesn’t that make your point moot then?
You're wasting your time. These cats been making the same predictions about JB's demise over the last decade, a time in which no other brand has come close to JB despite nt telling me JB is done. I've said it before but a "down" year for Nike/JB is a record year for any of these other brands.

Some of yall need to come to nyc and walk around BK for five min. Kids are still wearing Jordan retros with no signs of letting up
Went to take homecoming photos for the 15 yo and almost every one of these girls' dates was wearing Jordans. I saw 1's, 3's, 4's, 11's and 13's all matching whatever colors they went with. I didn't quiz these young dudes on what they knew about MJ, but that wasn't even a thing 25 years ago when I was going to HS dances. We had dress shoes and J's were for basketball or clownin around in.

I don't think you can realistically assess the future of JB if you can't distinguish the volume young kids today are purchasing from when Jordans were supposedly most popular. There were a fraction of them being produced in the OG days compared to now. This brand could fade year after year and still be selling quadruple the number of pairs they were any single year Jordan was playing. Which makes you wonder what it would actually take for them to disappear entirely. Don't really see it happening in the next 30 years.

:rofl:@ these inane JB gone within 10 years predictions.
If that were to come to pass, then I would assume the entire athletic footwear industry will likewise be half or more out of business because the only way I see it happening is if trends shift to the point that sneakers are COMPLETELY out of style and people just don't buy them anymore other than to actually play sports in--something that hasn't happened in more than 40 years, btw.
Some of you guys are right, and so are some others: Tons of kids never saw MJ play, they don't care ... and they still buy the shoes. The logic that says they have no personal connection to Mike equals no interest? What personal connection do they have to Nike, New Balance, etc etc? That's right, no more than they do Jordan Brand.
That last word matters: brand. Jordan today is a company that produces sneakers just the same as Nike is a company that produces sneakers. Its global presence is ubiquitous at this point. It's ongoing success doesn't have much if anything to do anymore with depending on its customers to have seen MJ play or been around for his heyday.

Back
Top Bottom