AIR JORDAN 3 BLACK CEMENT - NOVEMBER 23, 2024

My brother knows someone selling them already. $425.

I was thinking of picking them up but i will just wait on them. These shouldn’t be a difficult pickup.

Someone, I think jumperkhris or chris made a point that sneakers may sit because the kids think unless it has resale value, typically limited items, people will not buy it. I think he mentioned it in the 2024 jordan 3 bc video. It sounds right.

Todays kids, if they don’t identify with the history of the past, they identify with the profit value of todays sneakers. If they think this is limited and this influencer or celebrity rocked it, they might buy it up.

If they think or say this and this is “hot” because of what ever reason besides a sports figure who promoted it, they will promote the herd mentality thinking, that influence, instead of individual personal taste based on design, material, color and things NT discusses.

Not sure if the general population of today’s youth can identify with the greatness of Kobe and MJ, or Agassi, and those athletes the older crowd grew up with. Obviously because of different eras.

Nike/JB disappearing in a decade? They have so much stuff outside of Air Jordans to be irrelevant and gone in 10 years.

Someone, I think jumperkhris or chris made a point that sneakers may sit because the kids think unless it has resale value, typically limited items, people will not buy it. I think he mentioned it in the 2024 jordan 3 bc video. It sounds right.

Todays kids, if they don’t identify with the history of the past, they identify with the profit value of todays sneakers. If they think this is limited and this influencer or celebrity rocked it, they might buy it up.

If they think or say this and this is “hot” because of what ever reason besides a sports figure who promoted it, they will promote the herd mentality thinking, that influence, instead of individual personal taste based on design, material, color and things NT discusses.

Not sure if the general population of today’s youth can identify with the greatness of Kobe and MJ, or Agassi, and those athletes the older crowd grew up with. Obviously because of different eras.
You're talking about youngins in the hobby. What we've seen is that there's a new demographic buying a LOT of shoes and they aren't collectors or resellers or even that informed about the marketplace or buying to resell. I saw kids last weekend wearing French Blue 13's, Burgundy 5's, Cherry 11's, Black toe low 1's, white lightning 4's to their homecoming dance.

The thing some people seem to miss is that the sneaker market as a whole has grown exponentially in the past 5 years. There's kids who own NB, Asics, Saucony, various Nike and Jordans. There's kids wearing comfy runners to school and going out on Friday night in Jordans. Come home and slip on crocs or slides around the house or bumming it.

When the market size increases there's room for more trends and in the case of Jordan Brand their sales have gone up again this year so the data supports that it's not a matter of them falling out of favor. It's actually expanded the youth interest in shoes overall.

I'll also share something anecdotally: had the 9 year old's football team over at our house a couple weeks ago and the boy brought down a few of his friends to the basement where my collection is. These kids wanted to hold my Chicago 1's, Bred IV's, Playoff 8's. Had dozens of NB's and some Asics on display as well and they didn't ask to pick up a single pair of them. So there's something to be said for why that would happen if J's were on the decline with the youth. This one kid's eyes went wide looking at all the Jordans.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about this-as younger boomers who watched MJ when he joined the league die out and Gen Xers and older Millenials who watched him in his prime retire, etc. who will care about the actual basketball/historical legacy of the shoes?

It makes me think Js will eventually become fancy Chuck Taylor’s in the future (think in the 2050s and 2060s) and that too, likely only a few models (I, IIIs, and IVs, specifically) that are worn for “streetwear staple”/fashion purposes (like AF1s, Chucks, etc. are worn).

Honestly, I’ve played guitar most of my life and I bet 99% of people who own some sort of Les Paul could not name a single Les Paul song lol
Count me in that 1% on that Les Paul example 🤣

The older crowd, if they are a moderate to small percentage right now, will phase out. So it will be interesting to see how the youth will stay interested in Nike/Jb. And one way Nike is doing that is by creating stories and “reimagining” the line. Its for the future. Orginals loved the past. The youth love the future.

Of course there maybe exceptions.

Didnt say Jordans will phase out. Ogs will. It’s interesting to see how the youth will like and relate to the future of Nike and Jordan brand. And there will be exceptions of some youth who like the past. Some ogs may like the future.

Didnt say Jordans will phase out. Ogs will. It’s interesting to see how the youth will like and relate to the future of Nike and Jordan brand. And there will be exceptions of some youth who like the past. Some ogs may like the future.
MJ stopped playing on 2003... We've seen a few generations of "youths" since then.. which generation of youths are you referring to exactly?

Wasn’t responding to you in particular, it was more of a general response to those saying JB is going to decline.

MJ stopped playing on 2003... We've seen a few generations of "youths" since then.. which generation of youths are you referring to exactly?
Specifically I don’t know. :lol: But off the top of my head, the youth at Jordan camps today. Various Jordan sponsored basketball tournaments or games. Definitely a small group. But as the general population outside of that, its the influence from others who rock Jordans/Nikes.

I don't think jordan's will go away completely. I think in time they may very well die down and limit production to say a retro or two a month instead of 3 or 4.
This 1000% and I hope the new CEO tries to work this approach into future plans.

The release frequency on retros is insane. Some of it makes no damn sense. There’s no reason why there needed to be like 10+ variations of Jordan 2s releasing between 2021-2023.

This 1000% and I hope the new CEO tries to work this approach into future plans.

The release frequency on retros is insane. Some of it makes no damn sense. There’s no reason why there needed to be like 10+ variations of Jordan 2s releasing between 2021-2023.
I agree with the frequency being too high but I think the Jordan 2 output was their attempt to make them relevant.

You can make things relevant without having to oversaturate the market. Most of those 2s hit significant discount and they aren't big sellers as it is.

To me, when younger people are choosing the 2018 over the 2024, it all comes down to the EP. They all have grown up with the thick bold look of that print. The apparel, the marketing have all leaned this way. So when they see the super thin cracking in the print, they believe its wrong. Let em. JB has marketed that print to be bold for over 20 years. So it makes perfect sense they want that. All that should really matter is when you get your pair. Screw what others think are better and more fashionable. Its not the younger gens fault for this, its JBs. They did this. They exaggerated the print and there is a generation believing thats how it should be.

To me, when younger people are choosing the 2018 over the 2024, it all comes down to the EP. They all have grown up with the thick bold look of that print. The apparel, the marketing have all leaned this way. So when they see the super thin cracking in the print, they believe its wrong. Let em. JB has marketed that print to be bold for over 20 years. So it makes perfect sense they want that. All that should really matter is when you get your pair. Screw what others think are better and more fashionable. Its not the younger gens fault for this, its JBs. They did this. They exaggerated the print and there is a generation believing thats how it should be.

Comparable to the low patent leather cut vs high patent leather cut on 11s

Back
Top Bottom