What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I’m only 25 if I was born earlier I would’ve love to been able to wear the OGs I be mad at these water down retros I can only imagine how y’all feel seeing them now vs seeing them in 88’ :lol:

I missed some OG's, born in '85... 1994 is when I started becoming a sneakerhead.

hnixe0fnzbcoqxekeikk.jpg

Still remember getting these at Weiners for under $20.00 bucks, even the quality on these was almost OG status.

Last edited:
Jordans for under $20?
Really though, retros were frowned upon in the 90s at least around my area. An 80s shoe being worn in the 90s wasn't cool. I may have been the only in my entire school that loved it. Retro concept wasn't really embraced till late 99 early 2000s. So them being that cheap was not a surprise. At that time amazingly not many cared that much.

Really though, retros were frowned upon in the 90s at least around my area. An 80s shoe being worn in the 90s wasn't cool. I may have been the only in my entire school that loved it. Retro concept wasn't really embraced till late 99 early 2000s. So them being that cheap was not a surprise. At that time amazingly not many cared that much.

You're so right, Weiner's had FSR's on clearance racks...more people were worriend about the VIII'S, N'dstructs, Fila's, Barkleys, Zoom Flights, and various other sigs.

Edit: retail was like $100.00 back then too...and you got way better quality.:smh:

I remember reading stuff about this, just can't imagine seeing any pair of Jordans going for that low at retail. Don't think I've seen any sneaker that low at retail period.

Can’t believe I’m reading ppl on this thread saying they don’t want OG shape :lol:
I'll prefer it for the obvious reasons, but doesn't matter to me as I have no connections to it.

Can’t believe I’m reading ppl on this thread saying they don’t want OG shape :lol:
It depends on your age I guess. Older guys want that because they seen it years past. Younger generation shoe buyers have the 2001, 03 to compare to. I don't think anyone is wrong. Just their preference. Bringing back the original shape and branding would be great because the newer generation of Jordan heads would be able to have a chance to appreciate them like we do now. I don't hate the new shapes like many, but would love to see a return of the OG shape. We know that's not gonna happen. I was 8 when the 3 dropped in 88. So the 94s were all world to me when they came out.

Really though, retros were frowned upon in the 90s at least around my area.

retro wasn't fashionable for kicks in da 90's...old sneakers were just.....old.

it was like trying to stunt with last years whip.

it was all about da latest and greatest, da 1994 retro I,II,III's all flopped and sat for 20 bucks.

Nike ain't retro Jordans again till 1999 (IV's) snd those kicked off da retro trend.

Basically lots of people wanted Jordan's new models that would release in the 90s

When he retired, then retros started to get hot.

But when he came back on the wizards 16,17,18 were kinda stalling. Still they sold relatively good

They better not, Jordan Brand stop pandering to those corny, unfashionable, non-individualistic, self-entitled, money craving children. I've literally have had enough of what the sneaker culture has become. The corny Instagram photos, outfits, and "stuntin'", the "what's resale going to be", the "is it limited", and all other nonsense. The reason I secure shoes (Jordans) is because of the look of the shoe and history behind them. I don't care about having a collection of limited editions, I don't care about making money off shoes, and I don't care if they are in abundance; what I care about is that everyone can secure the pair they want, share their love for the shoe, and wear them. End Of Rant.

They better not, Jordan Brand stop pandering to those corny, unfashionable, non-individualistic, self-entitled, money craving children. I've literally have had enough of what the sneaker culture has become. The corny Instagram photos, outfits, and "stuntin'", the "what's resale going to be", the "is it limited", and all other nonsense. The reason I secure shoes (Jordans) is because of the look of the shoe and history behind them. I don't care about having a collection of limited editions, I don't care about making money off shoes, and I don't care if they are in abundance; what I care about is that everyone can secure the pair they want, share their love for the shoe, and wear them. End Of Rant.
100% Facts!

It depends on your age I guess. Older guys want that because they seen it years past. Younger generation shoe buyers have the 2001, 03 to compare to. I don't think anyone is wrong. Just their preference. Bringing back the original shape and branding would be great because the newer generation of Jordan heads would be able to have a chance to appreciate them like we do now. I don't hate the new shapes like many, but would love to see a return of the OG shape. We know that's not gonna happen. I was 8 when the 3 dropped in 88. So the 94s were all world to me when they came out.

I could be wrong, but I don't think newer generations will appreciate them, heck they never even got to see MJ play... until he was in his 40s on the Wizards if that. This new generation will never know how big MJ was to us growing up... I was a HUGE Rockets and Hakeem fan, but MJ was a God. I'm like you, I don't dislike the newer shapes, but if they could make a better shoe in '94 for less than half the price we pay now... they could at least give us a higher quality shoe. That's why I got of the game for a couple years, I just couldn't justify paying $220.00 for a lower quality shoe I paid a $100.00 for originally.

Last edited:
I know it's just a Photoshop, but if these are the Tinker NRGs, definitely looks like money saved. I might change my mind when we see them live and in living color, but not a huge fan of this color blocking.
IMG_6131.PNG

I know it's just a Photoshop, but if these are the Tinker NRGs, definitely looks like money saved. I might change my mind when we see them live and in living color, but not a huge fan of this color blocking.
IMG_6131.PNG

More recycling of red elephant print from the red 1s, and 11 i.e's. JB is getting so prdicitable...that's why almost all new models, and about 60% or more have clear bottoms now:smh: yet prices keep going up...

I wonder if the tinker nrg will be the katrinas.
I wouldn't be super surprised if they are, but I hope not. The Katrinas are already going to be super hyped. They don't need to have the NRG tag attached to them, which is going to make it even more of a zoo to grab a pair.

Back
Top Bottom