Are you Copping this Retro + III in 2013

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I Only Cop OG Colorways

• Total voters
These are still on finishline, a whole size run literally still up. Just got word from some of my friends that most of the stores that opened here 30 mins ago has no one in there for these. Kind of a shocker since recently I'm so used to every single retro (ugly or good) sell out. regardless. I'm not even seeing resellers posting up these shoes in my fb  kicks group page lol.

just picked up from FTL and its a beautiful shoe. I had some problems though like on the side of the upper the leather craftsmanship wasnt that great where there's a piece of excess leather where its stitched on the medial side of the shoe where it looks off. Very minor but I don't have this issue on the other shoe. Also when I put the shoe on the insole was on the tip of the toe was raised slightly so it felt funny on my foot. kept it on for a little bit and it seemed to go away. So I took the shoe horns out and stuffed the shoes with newspaper to make sure the insole wouldn't raise up like that. Overall I'm pleased with the aesthetics of the shoe but JB needs to step up that quality assurance. Disappointed to see this since we praise JB to be at the top but they pull little things like this on the consumer. Overall I'm content with the purchase with no hassle at all but for $160 I would expect to have a flawless shoe. 

Last edited:
glad everyone that wants them is getting these , these are really nice dont sleep people . 

These are still on finishline, a whole size run literally still up. Just got word from some of my friends that most of the stores that opened here 30 mins ago has no one in there for these. Kind of a shocker since recently I'm so used to every single retro (ugly or good) sell out. regardless. I'm not even seeing resellers posting up these shoes in my fb  kicks group page lol.
It's really not that these are horrible they just came out at the wrong time. You drop these after everything else that has been released and people are going to be like I might as well spend a little more and get the other pair that I really wanted, if I' going to spend 170.00 anyway. If these would have drop in a slow month like May, they would have sold out instantly.

Do people actually feel better if they have to struggle, play games, and do crazy stuff to get shoes? People on here acting like these shoes are a drug!
I could care less if these sell out or not just the fact I woke up early when I didnt have to and couldnt catch some sleep before work. This was actually the first easy cop for me besides the fnl restocks on the breds and concords where they went live 5 mins early. Wish the 88s or royals where this easy. I'm with you tho, I wont camp out over night or anything of that nature. In the end, theyre just shoes. 
eyes.gif

Do people actually feel better if they have to struggle, play games, and do crazy stuff to get shoes? People on here acting like these shoes are a drug!
This is an interesting phenomenon, actually.  I am reading more and more posts on the various sneakers blogs/forums stating similar sentiments.  People do want to struggle somewhat to get the popular shoes for some reason.  I did feel good when I got a pair of Bred 11s for retail during the recent FNL online restock.  From now on, even if I can afford to pay extra for a shoe, I will try very hard to get them for retail price.

Personally i like waking up on RD for shoes, even if i could have slept in...Gets my *** up in the morning to do things lol.

Only thing ill wake up at 7AM for!

The smartest thing anyone said was I'm mad these were a easy cop... Isn't that the point you sneaker heads were trying to make.... These dudes on here confused they only want them limited if they score a pair. Who cares if you can't say one nice thing about these shoes you definitely aren't a Jordan fan...

Some only cop odd color ways if they're limited... You a damn hype and don't even know it...

Personally i like waking up on RD for shoes, even if i could have slept in...Gets my *** up in the morning to do things lol.

Lol I 2nd this. I get a lot more out of my Saturdays when I get up early too. sleeping the day away is losing its attractiveness every weekend.

This is an interesting phenomenon, actually.  I am reading more and more posts on the various sneakers blogs/forums stating similar sentiments.  People do want to struggle somewhat to get the popular shoes for some reason.  I did feel good when I got a pair of Bred 11s for retail during the recent FNL online restock.  From now on, even if I can afford to pay extra for a shoe, I will try very hard to get them for retail price.
No people want to feel like they have something exclusive, it a sense they think it validates them in the sneaker community. But truth is that's over, pretty much everything has been retro'd. A couple of years ago you would have been flexin' if you had some DS WC4's or some 88's but now they're everywhere so it's like having a pair of DUNK's. And remember this is the same thing the Dunk community experienced and now dunks are dirt cheap and everywhere. 

Last edited:

Really, the only thing? Man living life is worth getting up earlier than that each day. Ya'll better get over this stuff. 

Jordan's aren't gonna sell out forever why is it foolish bc it's not OG?

No one would like Grapes or Bordeaux's if they weren't OG colorways

That's not even the case. I have plenty of none og color ways. Color combo is just off. They should have stayed true to the sample pair that was black/red a few years ago people were begging to come out. That was a shoegasm by itself! Love the 3m idea though.

I also agree.  I am looking forward to future releases of 4's and 11's for this purpose.  Also Dunk SB's!

Really, the only thing? Man living life is worth getting up earlier than that each day. Ya'll better get over this stuff. 

Lol huh? Its not that serious.

I have 2 jobs, 1 corporate full-time job so on the weekend i like to sleep in a little...which is why releases are my only motivation to get up a little earlier on the weekends.

That's not even the case. I have plenty of none og color ways. Color combo is just off. They should have stayed true to the sample pair that was black/red a few years ago people were begging to come out. That was a shoegasm by itself! Love the 3m idea though.
Was thinking the same thing earlier this morning. The so called dunk package that was suppose to release. 

Ain't about how fast I get there. Ain't about what's waiting on the other side.... It's the climb.

Lol huh? Its not that serious.

I have 2 jobs, 1 corporate full-time job so on the weekend i like to sleep in a little...which is why releases are my only motivation to get up a little earlier on the weekends.
That's cool! I'm just the type that can't sleep if the sun is up. I challenge myself daily to stay motivate and focused. Man shoes rarely ever guide any of my decision and if I was tired, I would say F=== some shoes.

Agreed. While these aren't as popular as the og iiis, they are still a black/red III (with an unusual secondary accent). That alone will sell these out online sooner than later. The IX has really never had much hype (sans the limited edition olives and the Kilroy pack). If those were GRs, they would have moved like the photo blues.

i agree

also this shoe was nothing to pick up early unless it was at retail

anyone who's been dealing with kicks for a minute knows this shoe was not a sell out but will move slowly
the same would have gone on for the joker 3's if that shoe had the same numbers as this colorway

Last edited:
Its got to the point that unless its really tough to cop and they sell out people almost think the shoes trash. Crazy. If you like it get it who cares how easy it is or that they sit for days. Fire Red 5s are a perfect example. A general release of an OG colourway done pretty well (relatively speaking) that is still widely available a month later here in UK but dudes are like no bro there sitting I'm gunning got the grapes. The easier it is to cop the more time I have with my fam at the weekend and don't spend the whole night refreshing bloody websites.

For the record I did cop these as 3s are in my top 5 kicks of all time and black and red is a great combo which with the purples IMHO me gives them a point of difference.

Its got to the point that unless its really tough to cop and they sell out people almost think the shoes trash. Crazy. If you like it get it who cares how easy it is or that they sit for days. Fire Red 5s are a perfect example. A general release of an OG colourway done pretty well (relatively speaking) that is still widely available a month later here in UK but dudes are like no bro there sitting I'm gunning got the grapes. The easier it is to cop the more time I have with my fam at the weekend and don't spend the whole night refreshing bloody websites.

For the record I did cop these as 3s are in my top 5 kicks of all time and black and red is a great combo which with the purples IMHO me gives them a point of difference.
Exactly!!

Copped a 2nd pair of the V's and one for my brother the other day. they're clean and almost produced perfect. They're still sitting at a lot of brick and mortars. Dudes buy for hype these days, its ridiculous. But oh well, that just means easier pick ups for me! 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom