Are you Copping this Retro + III in 2013

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I Only Cop OG Colorways

• Total voters
Copped.. and honestly idk how so many ppl slept on them. I believe in the retrospect of things, this and the jokers might be that of the burgandy olive and green bean 5's from a couple years ago.

Fresh sneakers, jb did a good job on em, and the quality is actually surprisingly great.

1st.. i grabbed a pair of these. the purp is subtle and kinda sets these off imo. the crimson looks more like a bright infrared and i think this c/w goes well. i hadn't planned on copping and i was still on the fence, but i figure it's always better to cop now and ask questions later meaning u can always return them, sell, etc. but they wound up growing on me so i copped.

2nd.. each and every one of us "sneakerheads" has SOME level of hypebeast in us. we are all just at different points on the hypebeast spectrum. some of us are hardcore hypebeasts in the truest sense with a hypebeast meter on 100. some of us are on 5. but due to nike's shock testing/experimenting and limited product we have ALL been affected and have succumb in some way to the hype. we have ALL "BEASTED" in some way shape or form due to the HYPE created by nike's antics.

that said, we should now be able to put an end to this silly hypebest debate and just focus on the kicks.

Last edited:
1st.. i grabbed a pair of these. the purp is subtle and kinda sets these off imo. the crimson looks more like a bright infrared and i think this c/w goes well. i hadn't planned on copping and i was still on the fence, but i figure it's always better to cop now and ask questions later meaning u can always return them, sell, etc. but they wound up growing on me so i copped.

2nd.. each and every one of us "sneakerheads" has SOME level of hypebeast in us. we are all just at different points on the hypebeast spectrum. some of us are hardcore hypebeasts in the truest sense with a hypebeast meter on 100. some of us are on 5. but due to nike's shock testing/experimenting and limited product we have ALL been affected and have succumb in some way to the hype. we have ALL "BEASTED" in some way shape or form due to the HYPE created by nike's antics.

that said, we should now be able to put an end to this silly hypebest debate and just focus on the kicks.
This is the best post since these shoes have released, wish i could rep you more than once
nthat.gif

Lmao at people copping all of a sudden because of recent posted pics
In my experience pretty much the key to sales is getting the buyer to have an excuse to make the purchase.  Give 'em somethin to tell to their friends and they'll pull the trigger if they're on the fence.  In this context... seein it in person/seein pics.   (I sold cars for a spell)

I'm getting tired of JB cutting corners on Retros. To release the Jokers and these Crimsons without forefoot air is ridiculous. The official description from Nike only list heel air similar to last weeks Jokers. It's like JB figures no one is going to actually ball in Retros so lets just strip them down and save a few bucks on the production. If its not OG, then they don't have to provide the same tech specs which is bull...

I'm getting tired of JB cutting corners on Retros. To release the Jokers and these Crimsons without forefoot air is ridiculous. The official description from Nike only list heel air similar to last weeks Jokers. It's like JB figures no one is going to actually ball in Retros so lets just strip them down and save a few bucks on the production. If its not OG, then they don't have to provide the same tech specs which is bull...
No, that's the POINT of a 'sportswear/lifestyle' product which the retros are.  Why would they make that side of their product just as performance capable as the performance side of it... They wanna sell shoes to more than just heads, so you have to take out the performance technology, or somehow update it (and we see the mixed views on the LF1) but they put more people to work and sell more shoes by having distinct categories.  They're a business, and they're pretty good at it.

truth. if you like the shoe, cop em. if you don't, move on. no need to keep posting in a thread about how much you hate the shoe to make yourself feel good about not buying them

Went to my local FNL today at noon / asked to 2 size 9 / checked out the best pair/ used my $20 rewards and walked out/ its nice to go see them on the shelves/ hoping the 13 would be this easy next month but I'm just dreaming haha

No, that's the POINT of a 'sportswear/lifestyle' product which the retros are.  Why would they make that side of their product just as performance capable as the performance side of it... They wanna sell shoes to more than just heads, so you have to take out the performance technology, or somehow update it (and we see the mixed views on the LF1) but they put more people to work and sell more shoes by having distinct categories.  They're a business, and they're pretty good at it.
Sure, I see the marketing side of it, but how are you going to make the argument that as the price goes up, the performance/tech specs go down?

All I'm saying is that many college players ball in retro J's and them (and myself) would appreciate if JB would just produce shoes with the SAME performance capabilities as the OG. I know JB is capable of it. For example, they actually brought back full-length Zoom Air for the 2012 Retro 12 Playoffs even though earlier Retro 12's lacked it. 

Where have you read this... I haven't been able to find where this info is posted...

the shoes came with a "retro pamphlet" claiming the shoes have forefoot air.

I liked these when I originally saw pictures of them but wasn't sure if I would cop just due it being release after release since December. When I remembered they were coming out this week I decided that I would head to the mall after work Saturday and if they still had them I would check them out. Just like I thought they were sitting in all stores and Finishline had 2 left in my size. Store employee was super cool which also helped and I left easily with a pair of kicks that I love. I am beyond happy that these were not a hyped up release and was able to benefit from that.

Where have you read this... I haven't been able to find where this info is posted...
I DM'ed Nike Store's Twitter account last weekend after I noticed that the product details provided on Nike Store (for the short time the Jokers were available) only listed "heel air". They confirmed to my disappointment that the Jokers, indeed, only have heel air -  no forefoot air. I'm assuming the Crimson's are the same since they had the same product description and feel the same on feet and in hand once you remove the footbed (I own both). 

:smokin
It happens a lot.

Its how I felt about the BHM 1s, and my pair will be here tomorrow.

Stay tuned for that!

Anyways, here's my review of them.

Enjoy!

Hey, i too put all the contents that come with the shoes in a plastic bag. I put the tissue paper, receipts, and other stuff in a sandwich bag and then label the outside of the bag.

Everyone is overusing the word "hype". People just like the shoe, not because it's about to sell out. >:

Let me rephrase, I don't want to make your blood boil.
I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶y̶p̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶. Finally, many have started to appreciate.Only sz 11.5 to 13 available on footlocker & eastbay

I saw these in person at the mall. The crimson is too bright for me. Looked neon. Not my style so I had to pass. Nice video though.

Back
Top Bottom