Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

I bid $456 + shp for 10.5, and it took several hours to be accepted. Ppl were just paying the lowest ask yesterday which was $475+. The sales list says some have went for around $425, but they’re few and far between at this point.

I paid a dollar less then you did this morning when my bid was excepted with shipping

I paid a dollar less then you did this morning when my bid was excepted with shipping

Nice.. Yeah, seems like quite a chunk of cash, but I figure some of the euro sites were close to $300. They were my most wanted drop this week and I did all I could and still missed out.. win some, lose some.

The more I see those OG WC3 pics Nike has on their site, the more I'm convinced that they intentionally removed the toe slant from the OG era b/c it doesn't fit as well as the current mold. You see how the toe area on the worn OGs is so stretched. So either it's not as comfortable for casual wear, or the leather isn't soft enough anymore to stretch like it did back then. Overall, that stretched silhouette looks likes crap. I still wonder why they don't go with the darker grey on the EP, but overall, I'm starting to crave the OG shape less and less....maybe I've been brainwashed! I wish Tinker would answer some of these questions in an interview. There's no way Nike doesn't see the differences; they could re-create whatever they want. There's certainly a method to their madness.
Its my understanding that they`ve taken things like creasing, cracking or any other flaws after alot of wears into account when making the new products, while also trying to make them as original as possible.

the "new" Jordan 11 shape for example. The higher patent leather around the edge of the toe box (about where your small toe is) lessens the amount of creasing in that area. Also, a bit higher patent leather in the middle also seems to keep the patent leather from having a bit of a warped look to it, as the first round of retro 11s tend to do every single time.

There is give and take when making improvements.............those are just some of them.

Its my understanding that they`ve taken things like creasing, cracking or any other flaws after alot of wears into account when making the new products, while also trying to make them as original as possible.

the "new" Jordan 11 shape for example. The higher patent leather around the edge of the toe box (about where your small toe is) lessens the amount of creasing in that area. Also, a bit higher patent leather in the middle also seems to keep the patent leather from having a bit of a warped look to it, as the first round of retro 11s tend to do every single time.

There is give and take when making improvements.............those are just some of them.

What you're saying makes sense, except for the 11 example as the most recent higher PL is an attempt to get closer to how the OGs were cut.

Why on Earth would you want an OG retro to be LESS like the OG?

Have you seen the OG pics on Nike's site of a worn WC3? It looks like crap. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who grew up wearing OG jays, and generally has a high appreciation for that shape and details. Maybe I've been brainwashed by seeing the "new" shape for so long now, or I'm objectively seeing that the OG shape looks like **** after it's worn. DS the slanted toe and lower EP looks so much sleeker, but worn....nah.... Anyway, it'll be interesting to see when they finally retro a real WC3 without these clear bottoms. They're obviously tooled up to produce this model!

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see when they finally retro a real WC3 without these clear bottoms. They're obviously tooled up to produce this model!

AF642172-6738-4EE5-807B-BB8C771BEA88.gif

I can see a WC3 release this year...we all know JB is a business, and I'm positive they've got/ordered enough materials in bulk (gray EP, midsoles, white NA tab, etc.) at discounted price to do it. With the 33s looming, I wouldnt be surprised at a holiday release. Could be wrong though, maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I can see a WC3 release this year...we all know JB is a business, and I'm positive they've got/ordered enough materials in bulk (gray EP, midsoles, white NA tab, etc.) at discounted price to do it. With the 33s looming, I wouldnt be surprised at a holiday release. Could be wrong though, maybe it's just wishful thinking...

I doubt it. They are gearing up for quite a few Tinkers. That Tinker shoe is a "thing" now. They treated it like one of those Jordan Hybrid shoes. This is why they are putting so many marketing dollars behind it. I think we already have seen 3 or 4 leaked pairs. And I bet all will be limited but still plentiful GRs except for the original JTH.

Imo the wc 3s wont see another retro this yr.
If they do , all the better.

I just dont see it happening in 2018.
Yeah, me neither. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we even see them next year. If we don't get them this year some time, I think it might be 2020, at the earliest, that we see a completely faithful WC3. Even as limited as the FTL3 is, it's essentially a WC3 Defining Moments edition. Can't see JB giving us basically the same shoe the following year. I hope I'm wrong for all of those that just want the OG to release sooner rather then later, especially since as similar as it may look, the FTL3 still isn't an OG WC3, but I wouldn't be surprised if JB put the WC3 on ice for a couple.

This... Hope it happens...

Sold my pair today. Just felt right while the price is still right. Gotta feeling the floor is going to drop a bit next week when people start taking delivery of them. Nike's MO seems to be 'release somewhat limited variants first' then flood the market with the GR of the real thing. They already did the JT, golf shoe, and the FT3, so if they don't GR the WC3 at this point, they're leaving $ on the table. They rarely seem to leave $ on the table. I would rather have the real thing with the correct soles. Looking forward to the BC3s this weekend.

Sold my pair today. Just felt right while the price is still right. Gotta feeling the floor is going to drop a bit next week when people start taking delivery of them. Nike's MO seems to be 'release somewhat limited variants first' then flood the market with the GR of the real thing. They already did the JT, golf shoe, and the FT3, so if they don't GR the WC3 at this point, they're leaving $ on the table. They rarely seem to leave $ on the table. I would rather have the real thing with the correct soles. Looking forward to the BC3s this weekend.

Variants? Just because these don’t have the “correct” soles as some see it doesn’t mean they’re variants. These are a shoe in and of itself, buy what you like and don’t buy what you don’t like

Watch JB troll us and release em with the Jumpman but for 190 retail
I still think they are coming this year in NA true form. It would be crazy not to capitalize on the 3 hype they have generated. They know that everyone that has these AS NRG would still go after them if released. I would. They got the materials already in place. A holiday release wouldn't shock me at all. They released the Jumpman WC in 2011 knowing then they were gonna drop the 88s in 2013. And even though we ALL got those 2011 WCs, we all still tried to get the 88s also. Jordan trying to take their spot back from Adidas. This to me is how they are gonna do it. At least for 2018 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom