Air Jordan 3 Retro AS NRG Thread

Back in 2004/05 with the 03 retro.

IMG_0695.jpg

Yall boys bringing up some good memories! I skipped those 03 cements that year for some reason...I think it was because my white/red 8s where still pretty fresh. Back then I copped Js when I needed them. Couldn't afford to collect because I was supporting myself. I had just put on a new set of rims that spring from saving up all winter, I had just graduated HS, had a new full tuition scholarship....man those were the times.

03 WC's are definitely the goat.. The leather was awesome and they used like three types. The leather on the tongue felt dope!

I remember when they dropped because it was my bday April 19th 2003.

saunupe1911 saunupe1911 I ended up copping from someone here in the b/s forum. I skipped them when they dropped too. It was my senior yr of HS and I couldnt afford. I think I had just bought the Chrome VIIIs too.

All these comments about 03 WC's bringing a tear to my eye, I love them so much, I copped another pair of 03 WC to sole swap because that upper is incredible. I gave my first pair to my brother, and I promised him I'd fix his too. The upper is still damn good. Can't wait to fix both and put the nike air back tabs on both too. I almost forget I still have a DS pair of 2011 WC III's.

03 WC's are definitely the goat.. The leather was awesome and they used like three types. The leather on the tongue felt dope!

I remember when they dropped because it was my bday April 19th 2003.

saunupe1911 saunupe1911 I ended up copping from someone here in the b/s forum. I skipped them when they dropped too. It was my senior yr of HS and I couldnt afford. I think I had just bought the Chrome VIIIs too.

Yep folks went nuts over the chrome 8s. I think Drake said it's his favorite shoe. Good times though...except for the war in Iraq.

I ruined my 03 WC 3s messing with my dirtbike and atvs. The tabs were yellowing and midsole cracking so I said F it. Just picked up 2 2013 88s. Any tips how to store them to prevent yellowing and deterioration ? I copped a vnds and ds. Plan on rocking the vnds sooner than later.

I ruined my 03 WC 3s messing with my dirtbike and atvs. The tabs were yellowing and midsole cracking so I said F it. Just picked up 2 2013 88s. Any tips how to store them to prevent yellowing and deterioration ? I copped a vnds and ds. Plan on rocking the vnds sooner than later.

The only way to prevent oxidation is zip locks...but they cause the midsole to crumble due to drying out. So I make sure I air them out in moderation. my 2011 WC3 tabs have some yellowing due to me just get smarter about storage over the 5 or 6 years but my soles are pristine and recently got a repaint about 2 years ago. No cracking or pores forming.

Yep folks went nuts over the chrome 8s. I think Drake said it's his favorite shoe. Good times though...except for the war in Iraq.
I believe the chrome 8's came out a week after those and I struck out big time. All retailer stores were sold out. Mom & pop spots wanted $180.

I tried really hard to accept the FTL pair I got from StockX with the messed up back tab, but I can’t after a week of trying to convince myself it’s ok. I could accept other things like diff height and shades of the EP, but not this. Sticks out too much. So I emailed them and they offered $20 off next purchase or return/refund. Decided to return them to SX and pick up another from GOAT again.
0A9E2096-101E-4910-BC74-51917D98C498.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So when returned, I assume they chargeback the seller. Do they try to resell them, or ship them back to the seller as unacceptable for selling, in the hopes that the next buyer is OK with them?

So when returned, I assume they chargeback the seller. Do they try to resell them, or ship them back to the seller as unacceptable for selling, in the hopes that the next buyer is OK with them?
they can't return the shoe back for something that passed their authentication. they just keep the pair and resell it to the next buyer...

no, the seller is done with the transaction once authenticated.

stockX would pass them off to someone else

I tried really hard to accept the FTL pair I got from StockX with the messed up back tab, but I can’t after a week of trying to convince myself it’s ok. I could accept other things like diff height and shades of the EP, but not this. Sticks out too much. So I emailed them and they offered $20 off next purchase or return/refund. Decided to return them to SX and pick up another from GOAT again.
0A9E2096-101E-4910-BC74-51917D98C498.jpeg
What size was it?

The upper on mine that I got from StockX was a little crushed if you will. Extra creased that is. I don't think I would return however. I would just order another pair and then sell the one with the fugazzi upper back to either StockX or Goat.

Back
Top Bottom