Air Jordan 3 Retro - Black-Sport Blue-Wolf Grey

It's comments like these that bother me... You contradicted yourself bro. How are you going to say congrats to people who got the shoe because they like it but then say the shoe is not impressive and the quality sucks and that a dude was corny for buying off Craigslist???? To each is own IMO
I think he is just saying that in his personal opinion the quality is off on these. And I would completely agree. They're not at all on the level of bc3's, wc3' s or true blues. However, for those that are happy and satisfied with there purchase, he's congratulating them. But also, to already be paying any type of resellers price is way premature. These shoes appear to still be readily available for retail price......not trying to put words in anyone's mouth though.

I just couldn't do it. The concept is perfect, these look sick on paper but the **** quality of the leather they use for 3s just gets worse every year. It's too plastic and too banana shaped for my personal taste so I left these alone. I feel like these are the kind of shoe where it's a 50/50 shot you get a pair with a good shape so if you did, congrats.

I think he is just saying that in his personal opinion the quality is off on these. And I would completely agree. They're not at all on the level of bc3's, wc3' s or true blues. However, for those that are happy and satisfied with there purchase, he's congratulating them. But also, to already be paying any type of resellers price is way premature. These shoes appear to still be readily available for retail price......not trying to put words in anyone's mouth though.

Thank you, someone who can actually read and interpret a comment correctly. 1-quality isnt great like everyone is stating and comparing to bc3 wc3 true blues. 2-I sincerely meant it, if someone liked the shoe, didnt mind the quality and is not making a dumb comment about superb quality then congrats to you if you paid retail and not over! 3-Anyone who pays a reseller at a mall for these when they can be bought for retail is a sucker. My opinion. Im glad to see someone who sees my point though. :D

Last edited:
Thank you, someone who can actually read and interpret a comment correctly. 1-quality isnt great like everyone is stating and comparing to bc3 wc3 true blues. 2-I sincerely meant it, if someone liked the shoe, didnt mind the quality and is not making a dumb comment about superb quality then congrats to you if you paid retail and not over! 3-Anyone who pays a reseller at a mall for these when they can be bought for retail is a sucker. My opinion. Im glad to see someone who sees my point though. :D
Dude I understand exactly what you mean, I don't want this to spiral into a whole different direction so I'm just going to say I felt as if you went on a mini rant (which you're entitled to do so) I just feel like if you don't like the shoe just leave the negativity to yourself

Dude I understand exactly what you mean, I don't want this to spiral into a whole different direction so I'm just going to say I felt as if you went on a mini rant (which you're entitled to do so) I just feel like if you don't like the shoe just leave the negativity to yourself

This will not turn into a never ending saga. I had an opinion and you did as well. As far as negativity, well that is your opinion again towards my comment. I will continue to post my opinions, it is a forum after all. Have a good one!

I just couldn't do it. The concept is perfect, these look sick on paper but the **** quality of the leather they use for 3s just gets worse every year. It's too plastic and too banana shaped for my personal taste so I left these alone. I feel like these are the kind of shoe where it's a 50/50 shot you get a pair with a good shape so if you did, congrats.

This got me thinking. Mine are coming in this week, ordered online off finishline. A little disappointed hearing this. What issues are there with the quality?

I dont know what people are talking about as far as the leather goes.  These are great quality leather. 

My fire reds were exactly the same, kinda stiff at first, but after you wear them a few times they soften up and feel like butter. just like the older jordans.   IDK why people think the leather should be super soft from the get go,  they are shoes, not a leather jacket.

i picked up a 3rd pair here locally and it is flawless 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

going to un ds these mofos tomorrow 

Royals og? Show me fam. I didn't know that. My whole ordeal was the universe is a better place with a proper black based 3 that compliment the bc3. :rofl:

No at royal 1s being lesser value.
And imma wear it to see how many necks I break at this whack *** storm movie. Hubby duties*

Yikes homie...royal I's are an OG colorway. And comparing these to the royal I's is no bueno. I absolutely guarantee that these will never reach the status of royal I's.

SAME EXACT QUALITY AS EVERY OTHER LEATHER III.

Why do NTers have to bash every retro that they don't buy. I didn't buy a pair of these for me for no other reason than the colorway isn't appealing to me. But don't say foolish things like the quality isn't as good as true blue or black cement or white cement pair. They are exactly the same. '88's are a step up.

Not the same. I had the fire red 3s from 2005 and the TB 3s from 2010 and there is a noticeable difference in the quality of construction, the shape, and the leather between those two. I bought the crimson 3s when they came out and brought them back because the leather was noticeably cheaper and more stiff than my TBs and the fit was off. To JBs credit, they were more TTS, since I had to size down on my TBs but there was definitely a difference.

I also think black based 3s leave less room for error. The cheaper leather looks worse on a black pair than on white for whatever reason. Look at a pair of 2001 Black Cements for comparison.

SAME EXACT QUALITY AS EVERY OTHER LEATHER III.

Why do NTers have to bash every retro that they don't buy. I didn't buy a pair of these for me for no other reason than the colorway isn't appealing to me. But don't say foolish things like the quality isn't as good as true blue or black cement or white cement pair. They are exactly the same. '88's are a step up.

To say someone's opinion on quality in regards to a pair of sneakers is "foolish" seems a bit melodramatic.

It cracks me up that most people talk about quality havent even wore them yet.   People seem to forget that when you have to break the shoes in, unlike the newer plastic shoes. 

Once you've seen 88s you'll know that the quality on all recent 3s are trash in comparison, doesn't stop me from still copping.

Had my jokers on yesterday and saw a pair of these in store, they looked the same to me.

I'll be able to compare better when my ndc pair comes in but these seem to be the same leather as everything outside of 88s.

Back
Top Bottom