Air Jordan 3 Retro - Black-Sport Blue-Wolf Grey

lol. Agree to disagree then. I've had retail pairs of most of the og retro 3's (fire red, white cement, true blue, black cement, 88's) and the only one with inferior quality was the fire red. The 88 felt exactly like my white cement from 2011 and 2003. If quality is really better on the 88's, it's negligible IMO. You can believe what you want, that's why we have opinions right?

We can definitely agree to disagree, there were more than a couple people that posted pictures of 88s that were crappy quality but the grand majority of us in the thread had great pairs.

Me Deeds, do you wear your sneakers?

Yea, that's what they're made for.

Indeed. Good stuff

Just wondering why you asked, I think people think that because I have a lot of shoes that are DS it must mean I don't wear my shoes. The problem is that I live in chicago and outside of going to the gym I really only have 7-8 months(timberlands and acg boots in the winter) a year to wear sneakers but shoes still get released all winter long.

I just got my pair in from shoepalace. I am happy with them. I like these a lot. I am also happy I was able to buy these since I haven't bought a pair of J's for retail since I think the Motorsports VI. I'm also happy that the elephant print on both my pairs are similar unlike some of the other pairs I've seen on here. I think I'm going to get a second pair.

Can you post a picture of the socks they came with? I always wondered what socks the shoes will be bundled with. 
the socks I got were this kind
JO612850-065_thum1___44858.jpg

Most inaccurate post of the many in here so far, both of my 88s were infinitely better than anything JB has released in the last 3 years.
you must be talking about 3's.. because JB has released some nice quality shoes latetly.. friends and family 1's, Lance mountain SB's, Red and white og 1's.. havent had them in hand, but 6 spizke seem pretty good as well 

Most inaccurate post of the many in here so far, both of my 88s were infinitely better than anything JB has released in the last 3 years.
you must be talking about 3's.. because JB has released some nice quality shoes latetly.. friends and family 1's, Lance mountain SB's, Red and white og 1's.. havent had them in hand, but 6 spizke seem pretty good as well 

Just talking about 3s and I completely agree about the quality on the spizike 6s.

Lol so much hate on the FR 3s. I love my pair. A lil stiff when I first bought em but after a few wears they broke in and feel great. Super comfortable. Can't wait to unDS these. Only other pair that quickly went on feet were my LM 1s

Lol so much hate on the FR 3s. I love my pair. A lil stiff when I first bought em but after a few wears they broke in and feel great. Super comfortable. Can't wait to unDS these. Only other pair that quickly went on feet were my LM 1s

And I think this just goes to show that the quality of the shoe isn't consistent across every single pair. As someone pointed out, numerous people complained about the quality of the 88's. I wasn't on this forum at the time, but a quick search can show people still complaining now. Whereas i've heard terrible things about the FR3's, but I think mine are great, and i've never had an issue.

Me Deeds, do you wear your sneakers?

Yea, that's what they're made for.

Indeed. Good stuff

Just wondering why you asked, I think people think that because I have a lot of shoes that are DS it must mean I don't wear my shoes. The problem is that I live in chicago and outside of going to the gym I really only have 7-8 months(timberlands and acg boots in the winter) a year to wear sneakers but shoes still get released all winter long.

That's the reason I asked.(the amount DS)
Some of my shoes won't even get back in rotation after the first wear. I normally don't hold on to them if I don't wear them though. Get a wild hair and dump or give them away.
I mostly regret it always, too

Weird... Finally checked my shipping update from FNL and saw that its already out for delivery. I picked their standard 5-7 days shipping, which I don't usually receive until Friday here in Cali. UPS must have accidentally throw it in with the 2-3 days shipment.

Weird... Finally checked my shipping update from FNL and saw that its already out for delivery. I picked their standard 5-7 days shipping, which I don't usually receive until Friday here in Cali. UPS must have accidentally throw it in with the 2-3 days shipment.

I always get my shipments on Wednesdays when I order from FNL, my pair will be here tomorrow from FTL.

Its crazy everyone thinks that 88's were so premium b/c of the $199 price tag. The leather on the 88's seem like all the other 3's to me including my WC 3's and Infrared 3's. JB had that $199 price ONLY b/c of the nostalgic appreciation. Pretty much all retros with "Nike Air" on the back will be more expenisve than the other retros.

Last edited:
I always get my shipments on Wednesdays when I order from FNL, my pair will be here tomorrow from FTL.

Its crazy everyone thinks that 88's were so premium b/c of the $199 price tag. The leather on the 88's seem like all the other 3's to me including my WC 3's and Infrared 3's. JB had that $199 price ONLY b/c of the nostalgic appreciation. Pretty much all retros with "Nike Air" on the back will be more expenisve than the other retros.

Please tell them again!!! The quality comparison talk is spreading like a virus in this thread... My 88's are virtually no different from any other 3's I have. The $200 was for the "nike air" people wake up and realize what's going on. JB is a well oiled machine

Lol it's like "Nike Air " adds a placebo affect on ppl. I think that condition is called something.........

Oh yea .... Hypebeast

Last edited:
managed to cop a size 10 off that small Eastbay "restock" earlier. Now the waiting game. Usually about 1 in 3 of my "restock" orders from Eastbay get cancelled.

Lol it's like "Nike Air " adds a placebo affect on ppl. I think that condition is called something.........

Oh yea .... Hypebeast

95% of this jb forum nowadays is sadly now hype beasts..they charged a premium price for 88s so I can see them giving a slight upgrade on quality.. Why not

Back
Top Bottom