Air Jordan 3 Retro - Black-Sport Blue-Wolf Grey

Lol it's like "Nike Air " adds a placebo affect on ppl. I think that condition is called something.........

Oh yea .... Hypebeast

95% of this jb forum nowadays is sadly now hype beasts..they charged a premium price for 88s so I can see them giving a slight upgrade on quality.. Why not

Like the 88's were made outta some special Corinthian leather or something. Now I do believe the "Nike Air" treatment is special, but I constantly keep reading how 'buttery' the leather on the 88's where, when in fact some pairs are in fact buttery, and some pairs are plastic looking ...but this applies to all retros including this release.

^ Agreed with everything. Y'all wanna talk about buttery leather. Bring up LM 1s or Brazil. 6s

Last edited:
i'm going to need to go home after work and crack open my shipment to compare to my 88s

ya'll are going hard on the 88 slander 
laugh.gif

I don't know anything about buttery leather but the stitching on 88s in comparison to 2011 WC3s is night and day, the quality and build of the shoe is just better.  I can't imagine the dudes hating have even seen a pair of 88s in real life.

I get what you guys are saying though, people go hard for the shoes they like or prefer.  I get irritated also when I see people go on and on about how great the leather is on 2013 royal 1s and bred 1s and I swear I can't see the difference in leather on any of my NA 1s (LM included).

3s seems to be more luck of the draw than anything, I've got a very nice pair of infrared 3s from earlier this year.  Damn near perfect but then I'm sure someone else might not feel the same.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about buttery leather but the stitching on 88s in comparison to 2011 WC3s is night and day, the quality and build of the shoe is just better.  I can't imagine the dudes hating have even seen a pair of 88s in real life.

I get what you guys are saying though, people go hard for the shoes they like or prefer.  I get irritated also when I see people go on and on about how great the leather is on 2013 royal 1s and bred 1s and I swear I can't see the difference in leather on any of my NA 1s (LM included).

3s seems to be more luck of the draw than anything, I've got a very nice pair of infrared 3s from earlier this year.  Damn near perfect but then I'm sure someone else might not feel the same.
Yea I can kinda see about luck of the draw with 3s now that I think about it. But damn fam you don't see a difference between bred 1s and LMs??? I don't own bred 1s(refuse to pay over $250) but my boy has them and I checked them out in hand. I for sure stand my ground on how I feel about LMs lol

Yea I can kinda see about luck of the draw with 3s now that I think about it. But damn fam you don't see a difference between bred 1s and LMs??? I don't own bred 1s(refuse to pay over $250) but my boy has them and I checked them out in hand. I for sure stand my ground on how I feel about LMs lol
I think its all preference.  I've got royals, breds, black toes, shadows and both lance mountains(white pair is trash).  I see dudes argue back and forth about which has the best leather and they are all pretty much the same to me.

some of the orange from the jordan hang tag rubbed off on the top of the tongue and way to clean the nubuck without damaging it ?

My infrared 3's leather is also buttery and very tumbled and my homies is way, way less tumbled than mine, same shoe tho ....its like the lottery when it comes to 3's and the 88's are no exception to this.

I hope that my Sport Blue's leather is very tumbled and my e-print is not all wide, and if it is, they'll be goin back and then i'll have a built in excuse to also cop the SB 6's.

some of the orange from the jordan hang tag rubbed off on the top of the tongue and way to clean the nubuck without damaging it ?
You have got to be kidding me ....the damn paint on the plastic hang tag stained the freaking nubuck on the tongue?.  
mean.gif

I think its all preference.  I've got royals, breds, black toes, shadows and both lance mountains(white pair is trash).  I see dudes argue back and forth about which has the best leather and they are all pretty much the same to me.
Bro sorry but how old are you? and what is your vision? is it 20-20?

I also have all the 2013 NA 1's and what you said but I stand to be corrected

the LM Leather are more premium than the 2013 NA 1's

in the Topic, I can't wait for my pair and rock it, but since im in the desert have to wait for a while

eventually i got those for 120 instead of regular 171 price, i had the reason to be happy but i'm just not.

i never liked the colorblockin as some of you may know, but i thought for that price maybe i could close an eye... but in person those are horrid, period. translucent blue sole dont match sport blue accents of the shoe, leather is stiff and super china quality, the toungue is choppy almost like a replica, one of the worst pair ive ever seen, i'ma get rid of those asap!!! 
mean.gif

of course theres still a FSR at  nike eu website, these will be in outlets, they deserve! 
tired.gif

quality seems to be hit and miss with these. others are comparing the quality to other 3s that i had no issues with so i guess its all luck of the draw- i bought a total of  3 pairs of these, and 1 pair was complete garbage, another was mediocre, and 3rd was near flawless. I  will be getting rid of the one that was the worse with flat leather on one shoe and choppy tongues. 

The difference between LM 1's and bred 1's is HUGE!  

Buy shoes you like, not shoes you think you'll like once you get 'em your hand ...it's a true buzz kill to those who missed out, and really wanted these.

Buy shoes you like, not shoes you think you'll like once you get 'em your hand ...it's a true buzz kill to those who missed out, and really wanted these.

I kind of disagree. I've passed on many shoes and regretted it once I saw them in hand. You can always return them if you don't like them.

Back
Top Bottom