Air Jordan 3 Tinker Black Cement July 27, 2019

This is the reason we don't pay attention to opinions from other countries.

KIDDING! Slightly.

But as far as talent and influence goes, Kanye >>>>>JT, and I think JT is pretty talented.
I don’t think the topic was who was an influencer, I was talking entertainer.

And you reckon they would’ve got Kanye to do the super bowl?

Y'all *****s in here really talking about JT over Kanye? Go to bed.

ON TOPIC: I may hit the pop up for the JTH, I don't like the Tinker joints that are coming out on the 24th (the grey bothers me).

If you see or feel them tell me how they are bro
ani_tyrone-biggums-scratch.gif

Anyone know the location of the JT pop up store. And sorry but *NSYNC lives forever. Kanye along with his yeezys will be forgotten in a few years.*russledJimmies in full effect*

Although this thread is supposed to be about the release of Jordans, I feel like I need to chime in on the JT vs Kanye debate, as I'm a huge fan of both (albeit a bigger fan of Kanye's).

In terms of commercial success, the are pretty much the same. If you factor in the records Justin sold with N' SYNC (which isn't really fair to Kanye since more people bought CDs in the "boy band" era), he's sold about 118M certified albums (158M claimed) over the course of his 21 year career. Kanye has sold 101M certified albums (121M claimed) over the course of his 14 year career. This doesn't factor in the albums or singles that Kanye has produced.

I think JT is an incredibly talented showman and has excelled in every thing he has done. He has proven to be an good dancer, an extremely versatile musician, a suitable comedian (read: SNL), and a halfway decent actor. His style has continually changed, from the boy band days to FutureSex/LoveSounds, which is one of my favorite albums ever, to the 20/20 Experience, to the new album, which has more country roots. His is also a noted philanthropist and a savvy businessman.

Kanye, although he rubs pretty much anyone other than hip hop heads and streetwear fanatics the wrong way, in my opinion, is a once in a generation tastemaker. He defines what is cool and what will become fashionable. He has been doing this for years and even with all the criticism, continues to do so today. He started off as a producer, and came to be very accomplished in that field, and his use of samples has influenced many others in the industry. Then he decided to rap, which has proven to be a great move, as he has had some of the most decorated and critically acclaimed albums in hip hop history. Then, he decided to dip in fashion, which might be his greatest endeavor to date. His collaborations with Nike, Louis Vuitton, A.P.C., adidas, and BAPE. He has uncredited designs with Balmain and Guiseppe Zanotti, and he's responsible for the success of other influential streetwear contributors like Virgil Abloh (Kanye hired him out of college) and Don C (Kanye's old tour manager). Kanye has continually one-upped himself when it comes to tour merch design, tour stage design, and album cover design (he's used some of the most recognizable artists of our generation for every album). Say what you will about him, but he is an artistic genius and has made an impact on this generation beyond almost any other person in music.

Yall trippin if them ugly *** 3s aint drop jt been wack just like that new album and that halftime performance lmao

apparently "the loop" knows the location....it's OVER

Oh, and they're trying to sell the location lmao!

This isn't a Nike event, its a Bravado event, so a whole other group of leakers.
Also there is a preview happening tonight for press and celebrities with JT being there himself. So everyone connected to those invited also knows the address

This isn't a Nike event, its a Bravado event, so a whole other group of leakers.
Also there is a preview happening tonight for press and celebrities with JT being there himself. So everyone connected to those invited also knows the address
meaning another KAWS debacle.

Back
Top Bottom