Air Jordan 38

If the box dissuades resellers, I'm all for it. It's a hoop shoe. AMM and Solefly and some of the other story telling sneakers have been cool, but at the end of the day if it's something that pushes it more toward function than collecting, I like that. I can also see it harming the long term sales of the shoe though, if people feel like they're paying for the shoe and a fancy box and only getting the shoe. Then the shoe won't sell as expected and it'll go on discount and I'll be stuck with all these pairs of Jordan 38s that the general public is sick of, for ultra cheap prices. oh no! :emoji_grin:

For $200 you should get a nice box, look forward to seeing the new box design every year along with the shoe. Not only should we get a nice box but should also get a card in the box of some sort explaining the tech of the shoe. Which we don’t hardly ever get anymore either. As a collector I don’t want this weak *** box getting all bent up in my stacks of shoes. I have pairs I wear and hoop in as well and still want a nice box for them. can already say we got the worse box in sig AJ history here 😂.

For $200 you should get a nice box, look forward to seeing the new box design every year along with the shoe. Not only should we get a nice box but should also get a card in the box of some sort explaining the tech of the shoe. Which we don’t hardly ever get anymore either. As a collector I don’t want this weak *** box getting all bent up in my stacks of shoes. I have pairs I wear and hoop in as well and still want a nice box for them. can already say we got the worse box in sig AJ history here 😂.
reason why I passed on the Tatum Mustang 36. there were lots on eBay selling around $200 with cut-out boxes.

I can’t think of a box worse than that. Gentry, Jason, Tinker, or Tate would have never done that. Where will these rank in best selling basketball sneakers (not including retros) this year? I think #1. I don’t think KD, LeBron, Puma, Li-Ning, Steph, or Adidas beats these this year. When was the last time the flagship model was #1? XXXIV?

Og 12 box dookies on these. You stick 3 pair of shoes on top of these and it’ll smash it probably.

So put the 38 box at the top of the pile. Problem solved. If it even is a problem. I can't tell much about the integrity of that box by those couple pics of it.

Never even paid attention to that box. :lol:

I generally don't pay attention to any boxes :lol:
I mean, there have been loads of cool boxes over the years, and it's a nice touch. But it's a touch that has zero impact on what I've ever bought or why, neither back in the day nor nowadays with retros. Obviously that's just me, though.

regarding boxes, I wouldn't care if it's a well-made good condition box. however, I have something to say if the boxes are in these conditions.....

Attachments

• fake box 2.jpg
    fake box 2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 131
  • fake box.jpg
    fake box.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 809
Move with this box not important talk :lol: Now a XII box is worth donuts on NT??That **** matters lmaoo Name your precious and tell me you're good with UPS throwing them at your door. Nothing says nostalgia like ..

200w.gif

Move with this box not important talk :lol: Now a XII box is worth donuts on NT??That **** matters lmaoo Name your precious and tell me you're good with UPS throwing them at your door. Nothing says nostalgia like ..

200w.gif

I was talking mainly about the styling. I couldn't care less about this 38 box looking the way it does. Half the really cool-looking boxes over the years have been a PITA to open and close, and/or are oversized and take up more space than necessary, anyway. Again, don't get me wrong, I want my shoes to come with a decent quality box in good condition. And sure, I like it when retros come in replicas of the boxes the OGs did, too. But I don't own one pair of shoes that I wouldn't still own if they came in a generic brown shoe box with zero branding or design printed on it.

I was talking mainly about the styling. I couldn't care less about this 38 box looking the way it does. Half the really cool-looking boxes over the years have been a PITA to open and close, and/or are oversized and take up more space than necessary, anyway. Again, don't get me wrong, I want my shoes to come with a decent quality box in good condition. And sure, I like it when retros come in replicas of the boxes the OGs did, too. But I don't own one pair of shoes that I wouldn't still own if they came in a generic brown shoe box with zero branding or design printed on it.
considering the premium that we pay for the shoes, I understand why some would like a better box for those. even Aaron Gordon's shoes have a nice box.

Its' definitely the basics and knowing how they cheap out .. and they love to 'story tell' lol but I feel rainking rainking if you're saying a basic box is welcomed. I wasn't a fan of the 34's Batman box and that was pretty straightforward but for reference.. I hated the anniversary XI boxes :lol:

Last edited:
Its' definitely the basics and knowing how they cheap out .. and they love to 'story tell' lol but I feel rainking rainking if you're saying a basic box is welcomed. I wasn't a fan of the 34's Batman box and that was pretty straightforward but for reference.. I hated the anniversary XI boxes :lol:

Yeah, exactly. I may not have been entirely clear with what I really meant when I said I couldn't care less about boxes. I thought we were talking about how "cool" the box is in the context of those pics that showed the 38 box. Seemed like people were complaining about it having the message about sustainability on a basic brown box, and seemed like people were making a thing of it not being some fancy-styled thing. That's what I don't care about. I do care about the box being at least industry-standard in terms of robustness.
I also hated those XI slide-out boxes. And every other box I have that's similar LOL

Yeah, exactly. I may not have been entirely clear with what I really meant when I said I couldn't care less about boxes. I thought we were talking about how "cool" the box is in the context of those pics that showed the 38 box. Seemed like people were complaining about it having the message about sustainability on a basic brown box, and seemed like people were making a thing of it not being some fancy-styled thing. That's what I don't care about. I do care about the box being at least industry-standard in terms of robustness.
I also hated those XI slide-out boxes. And every other box I have that's similar LOL
you must have hated those Lebron boxes as well. I find it annoying that some boxes are cumbersome to unravel. yeah those 11s were dreadful. some Lebron boxes were annoying too. I did like the 32-36 boxes though.

Back
Top Bottom