Air Jordan 38

1693792923157.png

The presentation of this model has been shaky:

- Lack of presentation with packaging (this is subjective, but IMO this lends to the presentation, especially of a flagship model)

- Colorways have been hit or miss, what we’ve seen so far has been ok (IMO), the launch colorway still being one of the best (again, subjective)

- QC issues with the sole peeling, not sure how far in the cycle Nike/JB is with production of the remaining releases, but I’d imagine something would have to largely change in production ASAP if they want to mitigate the issue, if even possible and sensible for them at this point

Any updates on the release date of the “Aqua” colorway? Also, is it going to be a “Playoff” colorway coming?

Feel the exact same way. When I got mine yesterday, I thought, these look like I could’ve been wearing them in college in 97-98.

What don’t you like about the toe box?

Toe box is make believe :lol: .. Leather wouldve been premium (XIV toe box) and the shape is odd lol. Aesthetically, when they are stuffed, they look amazing :lol:

post#2026...''They look like absolute beasts and I can't wait to try them on court. Overall very happy with the first impression. ''

post #2086...''I really don't want to have to return my Fundamentals eventually and I won't be able to try 'em out on court for 2 weeks still.''

😢Well it looks like 2 weeks possibly turned into 2 months today...7 hours ago while training some of my college players in a private session, we played 1v1, after coming full speed for an extended lay-up, I landed on someones foot and that person was waiting behind the baseline...upon landing my ankle literally snapped real loud (I will spare you the rest of the details 😉)

Luckily I was able to get immediate care. Have an appointment with the surgeon first thing tomorrow morning.
IMG_0149.jpeg

Normally I got skinny ankles.
The picture angle doesn't do it justice(it is way worse in person) but the lateral side of my ankle is about the size of a tennis ball right now...

So my 38 are gonna have to wait a little while before I can try'em out I guess.

Meanwhile guys I hope you enjoy your new J's. Stay safe outhere 🙂

😢Well it looks like 2 weeks possibly turned into 2 months today...7 hours ago while training some of my college players in a private session, we played 1v1, after coming full speed for an extended lay-up, I landed on someones foot and that person was waiting behind the baseline...upon landing my ankle literally snapped real loud (I will spare you the rest of the details 😉)

Luckily I was able to get immediate care. Have an appointment with the surgeon first thing tomorrow morning.
IMG_0149.jpeg

Normally I got skinny ankles.
The picture angle doesn't do it justice(it is way worse in person) but the lateral side of my ankle is about the size of a tennis ball right now...

So my 38 are gonna have to wait a little while before I can try'em out I guess.

Meanwhile guys I hope you enjoy your new J's. Stay safe outhere 🙂

😩 get well soon man!

Toe box is make believe :lol: .. Leather wouldve been premium (XIV toe box) and the shape is odd lol. Aesthetically, when they are stuffed, they look amazing :lol:

Ah I see 🤣. I don’t hate the shape but for sure real leather would’ve been better. Regardless, these just look and feel like Jordans used to all those years ago. They’re just different to anything else in shape and details.

That midsole makes them.. the side panels are dope.. it comes together nicely. Imagine the leather going up the eyelets and rounded where the laces go.. little things like that would've made this a home run.

Still impressive though. A nice box would've made these an experience.

That midsole makes them.. the side panels are dope.. it comes together nicely. Imagine the leather going up the eyelets and rounded where the laces go.. little things like that would've made this a home run.

Still impressive though. A nice box would've made these an experience.

Yep. I hear everyone on the box, but at the same time, they did some dope boxes on the previous few releases but the shoes don’t hold a candle to these. And the boxes just end up being storage devices for me. I think these are easily—EASILY—the best Js since the 17s. I know some folks hold the 21s and 23s in a bit higher regard, but personally I do not. Regardless, it’s splitting hairs. So glad I sold my 33s and 34s and spent the money on these. Just 🔥

I remember the days of putting in a claim and sending back a defective pair of Nikes/Jordans, even beaters, and receiving a fresh new pair of the latest design. Oh the good times!

You still can. 60 days no question asked returns or two years from manufacturing date for a claim

I think he's talking specifically about Nike sending you a random pair of the next year's model if they were out of whatever style you had sent back. I remember sending a pair of white/red/silver tongue 5's back and they sent me Infrared 6's. A friend sent back Hare 7's with a note to "please send black" and they sent him Aqua 8's. I think they had a 2 year limit on it because they'd ask you to give them the production date off the tags, but the general rule was if they still had tread, they were eligible.

I think he's talking specifically about Nike sending you a random pair of the next year's model if they were out of whatever style you had sent back. I remember sending a pair of white/red/silver tongue 5's back and they sent me Infrared 6's. A friend sent back Hare 7's with a note to "please send black" and they sent him Aqua 8's. I think they had a 2 year limit on it because they'd ask you to give them the production date off the tags, but the general rule was if they still had tread, they were eligible.
Yeah, looking at it now I’m sure that’s it. I’m like y’all - I remember sending a pair of diamond trainers back and getting the new Griffeys Sent out. My bad…

I just watched a YouTube video with Stephen A. debating best PG of all time. He reads a text he got at 5:56 a.m. while Curry is close Magic is the best ...etc. Then he says "this text is from none other than Michael Jeffrey Jordan" and I had this excitement come over me and it almost felt like I had some tears building up. I swear I think if I ever met him I might start crying like a little girl at a Taylor Swift concert. I might even faint
I think MJ is the only celebrity/athlete I would have an emotional reaction to seeing in person. Dude was such a big part of my childhood nobody really compares.

Wow only 6 hours and the soles yellowing like that. I know it’s function over fashion, but dang. Never mind the glue issues.

that's true. nike clear soles get pissed on real quick only after a session of pick up and they just don't give a damn. i get they will yellow sooner or later but the clear sole on my harden 7s still look good so clearly there's a remedy to slow the process.

Show off hands..🙋🏻who has copped and are thinking or planning on returning them? Just copped and waiting for them to arrived but kinda worried now lol. Copped from fnl too for $180 with $15 coupon code and $20 reward plus 15% CB. Now I’m wondering if I shoulda just done NDC for the easy return

Show off hands..🙋🏻who has copped and are thinking or planning on returning them? Just copped and waiting for them to arrived but kinda worried now lol. Copped from fnl too for $180 with $15 coupon code and $20 reward plus 15% CB. Now I’m wondering if I shoulda just done NDC for the easy return

I'll be playing indoors in mine in a few days. If they show signs of the issues, they're going right back.

Back
Top Bottom