Air Jordan 38

Yeah I’m starting to feel this way as well about the 20 Don’t ever feel that 1:1 fit. It’s like your foot has to work with them, not the other way around.

Gonna try my 36’s again tonight for extra lockdown and see if that helps my Achilles/plantar pain I’ve been getting.
I had badddd plantar issues, not sure what you’re doing to address it but if you want to know how I did hit me up. I’m about 90% better now after barely being able to walk for the first hour every morning.

I had badddd plantar issues, not sure what you’re doing to address it but if you want to know how I did hit me up. I’m about 90% better now after barely being able to walk for the first hour every morning.
I had it bad for a while too. Eventually went away. One thing I did was ice it with frozen peas. Also could be that I got into long distance running. I heard you have to get it stretched out.

I had it bad for a while too. Eventually went away. One thing I did was ice it with frozen peas. Also could be that I got into long distance running. I heard you have to get it stretched out.
Ice 👍👍
long distance running: 99.9% the cause
yeah unfortunately, contrary to popular beliefs, in fact stretching while still having pain will only make it worse/chronic so I would advise against it since the pain is created by chronically overstretched structures and or micro tears(fascia, muscle, ligaments) which will only create more scarring and stiffness. You will then lose foot mobility bit by bit and it will get progressively worse over time, so please don't stretch...until 100% pain free for a few weeks at least. Mobilizing the foot is key at this stage.
frozen water bottle roll on arches morning and night along with getting Birkenstock cork sandals with arch support (I can’t stand the look). Have both helped me beyond measure.
I concur, this will all help to, but sandals or orthodics are only crutches though. They don't cure the issue because they don't address the root of the problem, that's why it comes back or people have to manage permanently or you remain only at 90%(but you're one if the lucky ones if you can remain level at 90% 👍)

I reached out to Jaynev in pv already, but since the issue seems to affect many people here, I'll give you guys the short answer: if you want to be able to get rid of the issue permanently, you have to reduce pain to a minimum and stabilise the issue first, then mobilize and finally strengthen your tibialis anterior and tib pos with elastic bands first, as well as all the long muscles on the sides of the calf(foot inversion and eversion).

After that stability work on uneven surfaces for maintenance and tib bar strengthening do wonders to prevent re-occurence.

If anybody has more questions, hit me up in private and I'll be more than happy to help. 🙂

Last edited:
Speaking of injuries, my pcp thought I had a torn meniscus. He waited a month until he ordered me an mri and afterwards it turns out to be patellafemoral pain syndrome.

My quads atrophied. I feel like if he did his got damb job and I had an mri earlier I could've still worked out and my knee wouldn't be as bad as it is now. I'm going on nearly four months without hooping.

It doesn't help that the first physical therapist I went to literally handed me a sheet of paper and told me to do the exercises on it and left me alone in a room for 45 minutes.

Seems like a lot of us are having the same problem. Mine recurred after a few years added the fact that I have gout. Have mine for atleast 2 months now. It's somehow tricky as I couldn't walk both my feet in the morning without pain. Now, it's just the right foot but the severity of the pain is worse. I'm back to wearing my custom orthotics which I wore for 7 months when I had my first plantar issue. It's more tolerable. For some reason, wearing the Harden 7 makes it feel worse the next day.

Speaking of injuries, my pcp thought I had a torn meniscus. He waited a month until he ordered me an mri and afterwards it turns out to be patellafemoral pain syndrome.

My quads atrophied. I feel like if he did his got damb job and I had an mri earlier I could've still worked out and my knee wouldn't be as bad as it is now. I'm going on nearly four months without hooping.

It doesn't help that the first physical therapist I went to literally handed me a sheet of paper and told me to do the exercises on it and left me alone in a room for 45 minutes.
I had those kind of imbeciles. Can't imagine those got a degree by being incompetent. I've been to several and I don't stick around if I see them not fixing my problem.

Quacks

Ice 👍👍
yeah unfortunately, contrary to popular beliefs, in fact stretching while still having pain will only make it worse/chronic so I would advise against it since the pain is created by chronically overstretched structures and or micro tears(fascia, muscle, ligaments) which will only create more scarring and stiffness. You will then lose foot mobility bit by bit and it will get progressively worse over time, so please don't stretch...until 100% pain free for a few weeks at least. Mobilizing the foot is key at this stage.

I concur, this will all help to, but sandals or orthodics are only crutches though. They don't cure the issue because they don't address the root of the problem, that's why it comes back or people have to manage permanently or you remain only at 90%(but you're one if the lucky ones if you can remain level at 90% 👍)

I reached out to Jaynev in pv already, but since the issue seems to affect many people here, I'll give you guys the short answer: if you want to be able to get rid of the issue permanently, you have to reduce pain to a minimum and stabilise the issue first, then mobilize and finally strengthen your tibialis anterior and tib pos with elastic bands first, as well as all the long muscles on the sides of the calf(foot inversion and eversion).

After that stability work on uneven surfaces for maintenance and tib bar strengthening do wonders to prevent re-occurence.

If anybody has more questions, hit me up in private and I'll be more than happy to help. 🙂
Yeah, much appreciated.

What would you describe as the difference between stabilizing, mobilizing, and stretching?

After just 4 hours of play, I love the fit, comfort, and ride… but these definitely have a defect in the sole (outrigger?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 661
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1,239
This is shaping up to go down as one of Nike’s/JB’s biggest blunders of all time 🤣
Seems like it’s about to set a record for number of returns, especially if a good percentage of people are buying to play in. I can’t imagine the company is going to be able to just ignore it, the first colorway barely just dropped and yet so many instances of this problem almost literally immediately.

After just 4 hours of play, I love the fit, comfort, and ride… but these definitely have a defect in the sole (outrigger?)

This seems to be spot for basically everyone :/ I've had already two guys+me on my team who have had that same exact spot rip. Awful blunder by JB, especially when this is supposed to be their flagship model.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an class action if some company's product is really badly defective?

This is shaping up to go down as one of Nike’s/JB’s biggest blunders of all time 🤣
Seems like it’s about to set a record for number of returns, especially if a good percentage of people are buying to play in. I can’t imagine the company is going to be able to just ignore it, the first colorway barely just dropped and yet so many instances of this problem almost literally immediately.

Don’t forget there were copious pairs of 28s and 28 SEs that had torn soles and popped air bags. JB did nothing to fix that. They just kept rolling out colorway after colorway. I seriously went through 10 pairs and all of them eventually had the forefoot zoom bag tear through the sole and/or have the forefoot zoom bag pop. I ended never paying for a single pair because of Nikes return policy. Based on that experience I wouldn’t be surprised if JB did very little or nothing to fix this glue issue with the 38s. I hope they do though.

This seems to be spot for basically everyone I've had already two guys+me on my team who have had that same exact spot rip. Awful blunder by JB, especially when this is supposed to be their flagship model.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an class action if some company's product is really badly defective?
I hear ya and I share you guys' frustrations on this particular issue as stated in one of my previous posts here. In my eyes, such a basic flaw it is unacceptable. I haven't had the chance to try mine yet and it won't be for a while. And with what I've seen so far, why do I have the strange feeling that when I finally play in mine, the same thing will most likely happen!?!...lets just say it doesn't inspire me confidence right now will new cases that pop up on a daily basis. I might be as disappointed since it is a shoe I was really wanting to like, like so many of us here.

It think it's pretty unlikely people can/will do such a thing as a class action though. On what ground? defective product? While I fully agree it's really really REALLY REALLY disappointing, it doesn't really make sense and it wouldn't hold for the simple Nike does accept returns no questions asked within what, 2 months and even after for 2 years if it has a manufacturing defect, they will replace with an equivalent product.

It's not like it's a car that you ''cannot'' return and remain stuck with because automotive manufacturers 99.9% of the time don't accept returns or exchanges if you end up with a lemon. You miss work, maybe lose your job, lose money because of all the trips to the dealership, get stuck on the highway putting your life at risk, pay for tow trucks repeatedly, hire a lawyer, can't pick up your young kids after school, and be stuck driving for 3 months a lease car that's a third of the price of the car you paid for and etc. That's legal action material and the consequences don't fall in the same category as a shoe in my opinion.

What are the lawyers gonna claim? that it ruined some dude Friday night fun at your 40+ rec game at the local community center or your son had to change shoes during his AAU game? Did anybody get injured because of it? so mostly unlikely to happen I think.

If the product is inadequate for whatever reason, you return it. Nike even pays for shipping, so no big loss to claim on the customer's end.

I know it sucks big time, but you can always try to exchange your shoes too while supplies last. Maybe you'll get more lucky?Now if that second pair does the same get a refund and wait until they correct the issue or just boycott the product until they change to 39...much like people did with the 37, but for different reasons.

By now I'm sure Nike is well aware of the issue and I sure hope someones flew to the factory to investigate, inspect the production line or make a chemicals analysis of the pairs returned. Is it the factory's fault? defective machinery? production issue? bad glue batch? glue suppliers' fault? mix up? or did the factory owners try to cut corners and try to make more profit by substituting for a cheaper type of glue? diluting the mix...could be lots of things but it could also be a flawed design or bad glue selection.

I'm sure Nike got the message loud and clear with the 37 and they were probably not expecting any of it again with the 38, cause 2 strikes in a row is costly as hell and it's going to turn of people in years to come maybe if they keep lining various failures.

It is bad timing for them, for us. It shouldn't have happened in 1st place I couldn't agree more. It is frustrating, disappointing, plus the retail price as gone higher on top of that, so we should expect a better outcome, I get all that.

They could always pull out the existing products from stores, recall the next colorway before it hits the shelves or issue a fix between factory and the wholesale retailer...it's been done before. They could push back the release dates of some future colorways or simply cancel them...but since we're at the beginning of the shoe's cycle and if it wasn't for that they got a winner, I think they might simply issue a fix for upcoming colorways if it's a simple design or manufacturing flaw. For instance they could simply eliminate the ''V'' cuts on the outsole, or change glue type or cut flush the outsole part that flares out or make it go further up alongside the midsole and glue it from the side too(but less likely to happen since it's gonna require some new molds...)or do nothing and end the 38 early like they did with the 37 and release the 39 early...but honestly I really hope not. I hope they fix the issue so we can all enjoy the 38 first.

All that being said,

ok so what do we know so far?

1-from what we've seen, it seems like the issue affect at least 2 of the colorways out of the 3 sold...but the WNBA ones are in very low numbers yet.

2-seems to affect many shoe sizes from what I can understand.

How many of you here have bought the 38 and have played 10+ hours in them that have not got sole separation so far?

For those who's shoes had the issue, what is your shoe size? maybe we can narrow it down to a certain size sample?

Last edited:
I hear ya and I share you guys' frustrations on this particular issue as stated in one of my previous posts here. In my eyes, such a basic flaw it is unacceptable. I haven't had the chance to try mine yet and it won't be for a while. And with what I've seen so far, why do I have the strange feeling that when I finally play in mine, the same thing will most likely happen!?!...lets just say it doesn't inspire me confidence right now will new cases that pop up on a daily basis. I might be as disappointed since it is a shoe I was really wanting to like, like so many of us here.

It think it's pretty unlikely people can/will do such a thing as a class action though. On what ground? defective product? While I fully agree it's really really REALLY REALLY disappointing, it doesn't really make sense and it wouldn't hold for the simple Nike does accept returns no questions asked within what, 2 months and even after for 2 years if it has a manufacturing defect, they will replace with an equivalent product.

It's not like it's a car that you ''cannot'' return and remain stuck with because automotive manufacturers 99.9% of the time don't accept returns or exchanges if you end up with a lemon. You miss work, maybe lose your job, lose money because of all the trips to the dealership, get stuck on the highway putting your life at risk, pay for tow trucks repeatedly, hire a lawyer, can't pick up your young kids after school, and be stuck driving for 3 months a lease car that's a third of the price of the car you paid for and etc. That's legal action material and the consequences don't fall in the same category as a shoe in my opinion.

What are the lawyers gonna claim? that it ruined some dude Friday night fun at your 40+ rec game at the local community center or your son had to change shoes during his AAU game? Did anybody get injured because of it? so mostly unlikely to happen I think.

If the product is inadequate for whatever reason, you return it. Nike even pays for shipping, so no big loss to claim on the customer's end.

I know it sucks big time, but you can always try to exchange your shoes too while supplies last. Maybe you'll get more lucky?Now if that second pair does the same get a refund and wait until they correct the issue or just boycott the product until they change to 39...much like people did with the 37, but for different reasons.

By now I'm sure Nike is well aware of the issue and I sure hope someones flew to the factory to investigate, inspect the production line or make a chemicals analysis of the pairs returned. Is it the factory's fault? defective machinery? production issue? bad glue batch? glue suppliers' fault? mix up? or did the factory owners try to cut corners and try to make more profit by substituting for a cheaper type of glue? diluting the mix...could be lots of things but it could also be a flawed design or bad glue selection.

I'm sure Nike got the message loud and clear with the 37 and they were probably not expecting any of it again with the 38, cause 2 strikes in a row is costly as hell and it's going to turn of people in years to come maybe if they keep lining various failures.

It is bad timing for them, for us. It shouldn't have happened in 1st place I couldn't agree more. It is frustrating, disappointing, plus the retail price as gone higher on top of that, so we should expect a better outcome, I get all that.

They could always pull out the existing products from stores, recall the next colorway before it hits the shelves or issue a fix between factory and the wholesale retailer...it's been done before. They could push back the release dates of some future colorways or simply cancel them...but since we're at the beginning of the shoe's cycle and if it wasn't for that they got a winner, I think they might simply issue a fix for upcoming colorways if it's a simple design or manufacturing flaw. For instance they could simply eliminate the ''V'' cuts on the outsole, or change the glue type or cut flush the part that flares out or make it go further up and glue it from the side...or do nothing and end the 38 early like they did with the 37 and release the 39 early...but honestly I really hope not. I hope they fix the issue so we can all enjoy the 38 first.

All that being said,

ok so what do we know so far?

1-from what we've seen, it seems like the issue affect at least 2 of the colorways out of the 3 sold...but the WNBA ones are in very low numbers yet.

2-seems to affect many shoe sizes from what I can understand.

How many of you here have bought the 38 and have played 10+ hours in them that have not got sole separation so far?

For those who's shoes had the issue, what is your shoe size? maybe we can narrow it down to a certain size sample?

Nice read, thanks for taking the time to write all this man! :smile:

I'm size 11 in these! Second pair arrived yesterday, gonna take them to the court on sunday, let's see how they will hold up :smile: If these keep on doing this, I will order the new colorway everytime they are released and keep returning the one with separation :D

Ice 👍👍

Tried it all, orthotics, rolling, stretches, even a stem cell injection, nothing worked.

Eventually had to have surgery, which cleared it up 100%.

Back
Top Bottom