Air Jordan 38

21 and 22 are good shoes and if you like the 38, then you really should have no problem with those models at all. My opinion though.
I am sure the 38 is another great on court performer. But as far as looks go, I have already seen the best designs they could possibly put out.

I’m probably the only person who likes 22s more than 21s. 21s look like some weird boot inspired by racing shoes. Hate the shape/proportions on that shoe.

1681961937437.png
1681961913002.png

I’m probably the only person who likes 22s more than 21s. 21s look like some weird boot inspired by racing shoes. Hate the shape/proportions on that shoe.
22 is super underrated and undoubtedly better than the 21. 22 was super comfy as well. White stealth and black stealth were classics that I'd definitely still wear to this day over anything after 23.

I really love the design from most angles, especially the rear, 3/4 rear and the sole.

I love the attention to details and the textures. The craftsmanship and materials look awesome. Plus they look like beasts on court!

On top of everything else that has been noted already, the ankle collar shape at the back is reminiscent of the 13 , the 13's split outsole at the back, the tongue's shape as well and the logo looks like a nod to the Jordan 8 + Jordan 13 + Jordan 23 / Jordan Brand's 25 years tribute with the jumpman logo in the circle as well. I see the Jordan 23 tooth, inspired textures, transluscent outsole. You will also notice Jordan IX low ie lacing system. At the front where the midsole meets the outsole, I see a blend of the XI, XX2 tip and the XIII upside down/reversed shape. A blend of materials much like the 13 recipe with the top down view being of a leather material and the sides being quality textiles.

I see alot of interesting little recalls to the Air Jordan line DNA all over these shoes and IMO they are superbly well integrated, which I can really appreciate.

You will also count 38 ''V''s or notches on the lateral side of the midsole. And to me it looks like it could possibly be made of some sort of reflective material. And look at that transluscent outsole flaring on the sides for grip and stability at the front!

8B141330-685E-4228-A660-A001F4E8B8B7.jpeg

I'll go on a limb and say there's probably 2 types of foam in the midsole, pink: Formula 23, black: TPU.

From the outsole view, because of the front window I'd say it's either a cushioning system that's combined with at least a front foot zoom air unit like we see at the back of the 34, but at the front this time or it my just be a hologram like we see at the bottom of the 13? we'll just have to wait and see or pray for better shots in the meantime.

Last edited:
I really love design from most angles, especially the rear, 3/4 rear and the sole.

I love the attention to details and the textures. The craftsmanship and materials look awesome. Plus they look like beast on court!

On top of everything else that has been noted already, the ankle collar shape at the back is reminiscent of the 13 , the 13's split outsole at the back, the tongue's shape as well and the logo looks like a nod to the Jordan 8 + Jordan 13 + Jordan 23 / Jordan Brand's 25 years tribute with the jumpman logo in the circle as well. I see the Jordan 23 tooth, inspired textures, transluscent outsole. You will also notice Jordan IX low ie lacing system. At the front where the midsole meets the outsole, I see a blend of the XI, XX2 tip and the XIII upside down/reversed shape. A blend of materials much like the 13 recipe with the top down view being of a leather material and the sides being quality textiles.

I see alot of interesting little recalls to the Air Jordan line DNA all over these shoes and IMO they are superbly well integrated, which I can really appreciate.

You will also count 38 ''V''s or notches on the lateral side of the midsole. And to me it looks like it could possibly be made of some sort of reflective material. And look at that transluscent outsole flaring on the sides for grip and stability at the front!

I'll go on a limb and say there's probably 2 types of foam in the midsole, pink: Formula 23, black: TPU.

From the outsole view, because of the front window I'd say it's either a cushioning system that's combined with at least a front foot zoom air unit like we see at the back of the 34, but at the front this time or it my just be a hologram like we see at the bottom of the 13? we'll just have to wait and see or pray for better shots in the meantime.
Would be cool if the hologram your talking about has 23 from the viii's strap

I really love design from most angles, especially the rear, 3/4 rear and the sole.

I love the attention to details and the textures. The craftsmanship and materials look awesome. Plus they look like beast on court!

Also of note if you count the little “hash marks” or whatever it looks like there’s 38 of them. Cool Tinker-esq touch.

22 is super underrated and undoubtedly better than the 21. 22 was super comfy as well. White stealth and black stealth were classics that I'd definitely still wear to this day over anything after 23.

I must've picked up a pair of 22s and looked at them a half dozen times in my local FTL back then, and just never went through with the purchase. Always kinda regretted it.

I must've picked up a pair of 22s and looked at them a half dozen times in my local FTL back then, and just never went through with the purchase. Always kinda regretted it.
Love the 22. Especially the launch. Still would like the stealth black and red. The pe and graphic versions did nothing for me. The 23 overshadowed as it should have. But that pair has always been a favorite of mine.

Mudguard callback to the 8? Maybe
Yeah I think so. It looks like there could be a metallic quality to that piece or its reflective. However, if it was reflective I think we would see that by now with all the pics. So hopefully its got a sparkle/metallic application to it for that midsole call back. Right now the only call back to the 8 is the circle with the jumpman.

Love the 22. Especially the launch. Still would like the stealth black and red. The pe and graphic versions did nothing for me. The 23 overshadowed as it should have. But that pair has always been a favorite of mine.
I really like the sample of the 22. So much better of a call out to the f22 raptor. Too bad it went over budget and we got what was released because MAN! Had the sample released, that shoe would get so much more respect

Attachments

• DF53E33D-B013-4625-AF04-2E593F38A7E6.jpeg
    DF53E33D-B013-4625-AF04-2E593F38A7E6.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 1,804
Back
Top Bottom