Air Jordan 38

The years were a bad idea then and will be in the future. If you're doing 1 sig Air Jordan a year, just keep the numbering, its definitely what the majority wants and its definitely a lot less confusing. When I wear newer models people don't want to know what the year was, they want to know which number Jordan it is. The fascinating part of the brand is that they are on the 38, not that they are on the 2023 or 2024. I never refer to the XXIV, XXV, XXVI, or XXVII as anything but the numbered releases they were. Jordan Brand knows that was a mistake.

They also should keep doing them as long as they sell. There is no reason to stop arbitrarily - if the numbers say stop, then it is time. That doesn't look to be any time soon. Stopping at the 45 and then doing what? The other players shoes never have and never will have the same appeal, it's just the way it is. Countless sneakerheads have never bothered with anything beyond a numbered Jordan. It will never be Carmelo brand or Tatum brand or whatever, it's just the way it is.

If you don't like a numbered release and don't want to buy it don't, but a lot of us really enjoy the experience of pushing the envelope every single year, even if it's not always perfect. That innovation is key at both Nike and Jordan and you can't rely on retros for it. This isn't Adidas for a reason.
The JB sigs have the stigma from being on a brand that synonymous with another player's line. The first couple Melos were just ".5" versions of sig Jordans, but were still received well. A KD and Kyrie wouldn't have had the mass appeal had they been a "Nike Lebron KD" or "Nike Zoom Kobe Kyrie Irving".

The year models were bad because they looked bad, had less meaning since we just past "23", and JB marketed them weird. The 2009s looked like house flys even though everyone loved their performance. For some reason JB decided to market DWade as the face of the sig line before the Fly Wades came out. So there was a weird perception that the 2010s were his shoe now. Once he started dipping for the China bag, they just wanted to start over. Thats why Blake ended up sticking with the Super Flys and Westbrook was endorsing from a PE position.

Jordan can go back to years or any name they want as long as the shoes look good and they market them well.

They’ll never stop dropping a new performance sig, JB will always cook something up for that year to be played in with modern materials and there will always be designers stepping over each other to design them when Tinker doesn’t care to.

IMO; they’ll keep making the AJ flagship until people stop caring about it. Even though people don’t always like what JB puts out, people, including NBA players, look out every year for what the new Air Jordan looks like.

When nobody cares - that’s the time to end it.

In other words, the leather version of the 21s don’t look good to me.

Whether or not that makes sense to you is of no concern on this side.

Have you heard of the word preference? That should about sum it up & give you closure.

The years were a bad idea then and will be in the future. If you're doing 1 sig Air Jordan a year, just keep the numbering, its definitely what the majority wants and its definitely a lot less confusing. When I wear newer models people don't want to know what the year was, they want to know which number Jordan it is. The fascinating part of the brand is that they are on the 38, not that they are on the 2023 or 2024. I never refer to the XXIV, XXV, XXVI, or XXVII as anything but the numbered releases they were. Jordan Brand knows that was a mistake.

They also should keep doing them as long as they sell. There is no reason to stop arbitrarily - if the numbers say stop, then it is time. That doesn't look to be any time soon. Stopping at the 45 and then doing what? The other players shoes never have and never will have the same appeal, it's just the way it is. Countless sneakerheads have never bothered with anything beyond a numbered Jordan. It will never be Carmelo brand or Tatum brand or whatever, it's just the way it is.

If you don't like a numbered release and don't want to buy it don't, but a lot of us really enjoy the experience of pushing the envelope every single year, even if it's not always perfect. That innovation is key at both Nike and Jordan and you can't rely on retros for it. This isn't Adidas for a reason.
Same here, I'm going to buy the sig every year. I like collecting things and this is one of the things I collect. Jordans are like pieces of art me

Excuse the old IG filter. Y’all know these things are vibrant af

E0FE4A8A-F51C-4E7E-BD6F-8DA306ADAB66.jpeg

Probably shoulda copped the grey suedes too. There was a Carolina Blue sample that was hella nice.

The leather pairs & SE 🚮 IMO

*edit*
Single best all red Air Jordan in the whole line..

Back
Top Bottom