Air Jordan 38

Screenshot_20230526_162119_Chrome.jpg

Normally I hate the post-reveal, pre-press-release period where photoshops get trotted out, but I love these ideas.

Another thing I love about this shoe is that while the side panels go up by the ankles like the 13, the heel collar dips. Hopefully that'll be enough for me to be able to play in them, cause 99% of the time I play in lows because they give me more freedom as a guard.

August can't get here soon enough.

What would yall think about Mike hiimself somehow being involved in the promo for this shoe? They could use female athletes, since that's who debuted the shoe anyway, but the notable male JB athletes are all either on their way out or gone, or have their own signature shoes. Uncle Jeff, Melo, CP3, Kemba, Vic. Own sig - Zion, Tatum, Luka, Russ.

There are a bunch of other guys who aren't really 'names' like Toppin, Graham and THJ.

Only guys who I think have been in all star games - Bam, Beal. On the outskirts are guys like Levert, Banchero and Rui.

I know the past few models the model has been at the forefront and they do promos with various JB athletes including Guo Ailun, but I'd actually like to see Mike come into some of the press materials for the release of this shoe. Won't happen, but I wonder what route they'll go.

Normally I hate the post-reveal, pre-press-release period where photoshops get trotted out, but I love these ideas.

Another thing I love about this shoe is that while the side panels go up by the ankles like the 13, the heel collar dips. Hopefully that'll be enough for me to be able to play in them, cause 99% of the time I play in lows because they give me more freedom as a guard.

August can't get here soon enough.

What would yall think about Mike hiimself somehow being involved in the promo for this shoe? They could use female athletes, since that's who debuted the shoe anyway, but the notable male JB athletes are all either on their way out or gone, or have their own signature shoes. Uncle Jeff, Melo, CP3, Kemba, Vic. Own sig - Zion, Tatum, Luka, Russ.

There are a bunch of other guys who aren't really 'names' like Toppin, Graham and THJ.

Only guys who I think have been in all star games - Bam, Beal. On the outskirts are guys like Levert, Banchero and Rui.

I know the past few models the model has been at the forefront and they do promos with various JB athletes including Guo Ailun, but I'd actually like to see Mike come into some of the press materials for the release of this shoe. Won't happen, but I wonder what route they'll go.
Anyone in this years draft class you would like to see signed and rocking these? MLB is hot again should they make a baseball version and sign one of these guys like Wander Franco or Luis Castillo?

Controversial viewpoint: I actually prefer the 37 over these. It’s not because they’re bad; in fact, they look quite nice. However, from a design perspective, they appear rather plain and conventional. Not Surprisingly, many people seem to appreciate them, which is a rarity. Personally, I believe a new Jordan should evoke a sense of unease when worn, even if it means being deemed “ugly” by others. I’ve always appreciated that aspect, and I’m not particularly fond of how safe these are.
You are correct., when the 11 came out my store sent the ba k as no one liked them, I got crowned when I played in them. Boys to Men actually saved this shoe . It was the graduation shoe with your Tuxedo.

You are correct., when the 11 came out my store sent the ba k as no one liked them, I got crowned when I played in them. Boys to Men actually saved this shoe . It was the graduation shoe with your Tuxedo.
Concord 11s sold out every where by me when they originally came out. I had to get a sz 14 at the mall cause 13s sold out.

And not to nitpick, but its Boyz II Men.

Concord 11s sold out every where by me when they originally came out. I had to get a sz 14 at the mall cause 13s sold out.

And not to nitpick, but its Boyz II Men.
Same experience here..when Jordan wore them during the ECF in ‘95, hype was budding. I remember the jokes at school, but the concords still smoked (ATL area).

I was in college when the 11s came out; were the hottest shoe amongst the regular pick-up ball crowd at the UC Santa Barbara rec center. Sold out at all the shoe stores in that area.

Back
Top Bottom