Saw these on YouTube

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614-162315.png
    Screenshot_20230614-162315.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 493
  • Screenshot_20230614-162211.png
    Screenshot_20230614-162211.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,086
I'm so tired of the recent trend by Nike to prerelease shoes to their athletes months before we can buy them. They've already done it with the Sabrina 1s, Ja 1s, KD 16s, and 38s just in the last 4-5 months. It's annoying. I wish Nike/JB would only roll them out to the athletes a week or two before the official RD. I'm tired of seeing colorways of shoes I cannot buy for months.

I also wonder if this strategy backfires and impacts sales overall. I've stopped buying Nike and JB shoes because I'm waiting for the Sabrinas, KDs and 38s. Why buy the old stuff in new colorways, when I can buy the new stuff sometime in the next month or two. Maybe a significant number of other consumers are doing that too.

I'm so tired of the recent trend by Nike to prerelease shoes to their athletes months before we can buy them. They've already done it with the Sabrina 1s, Ja 1s, KD 16s, and 38s just in the last 4-5 months. It's annoying. I wish Nike/JB would only roll them out to the athletes a week or two before the official RD. I'm tired of seeing colorways of shoes I cannot buy for months.

I also wonder if this strategy backfires and impacts sales overall. I've stopped buying Nike and JB shoes because I'm waiting for the Sabrinas, KDs and 38s. Why buy the old stuff in new colorways, when I can buy the new stuff sometime in the next month or two. Maybe a significant number of other consumers are doing that too.

I know what you mean. Overall, we're a long way away from what the release and availability realities were like for, well, forever. The shoes players wore were generally the shoes that were current and on shelves, other than the people who wore retros or busted out an old pair here and there. Now, though, it's like the entire thing is a free for all with barely any relation to what us consumers can even get. We had half the league, seemed like, rocking Kobes and there wasn't even a contract between Nike and Kobe anymore. Everyone's got PEs (which used to be devoted to big stars but now seemingly everyone in the rotation gets them), or gets shoes months ahead of release, and even a shoe like the GT Cut 1 practically became a collector's item with low availability to real people. The whole thing is just kinda bizarre. Anymore, it seems mostly like Nike uses players wearing its shoes to simply promote the brand overall rather than the specific shoes themselves.

Same here. Waiting on the 38

Read this for the first time. Article from May 3, I'm a little confused

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618-093608.png
    Screenshot_20230618-093608.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 1,978
PF with XDR again:

Back
Top Bottom