1708301850123.jpeg

1708301861169.jpeg

1708301801586.jpeg

1708301814636.jpeg

1708301822618.jpeg

1708301828028.jpeg

1708301834174.jpeg

1708301842504.jpeg

These are pretty sick to me. I probably won't buy them just because too many shoes, but if they hit deep discount, it'll be difficult to resist grabbing a pair.

Anyone’s kids’ rocking the 38s? If so, how do they like them? GS pairs went up for sale for only $70 around my way. Debating on getting my daughter a pair, but it’s final sale only. Want to make sure they’re good before scooping em up.

I really want to try out those PFs but them being not returnable is a problem. I played 3 or 4 games in the regular 38 lows 3 weeks ago and they're so narrow even with thinner socks it still hurt my foot and I still have the arch/foot pain when I first put a shoe on, even though it's not bad enough to keep me from playing. And I still have a wound from them scraping the skin off my toe.

The lows look incredible. But damn they narrow. I don't know if it's worth paying more than the bred 4s to get a performance basketball shoe I might only be able to wear casually.

Has anybody here gotten a PF of the 38 lows and can share how much better they felt than a regular pair?

Aha, I see it's not just me with the toe bleed. A review from a few weeks ago on NDC:

"The bad side is the toe box pinches. When I got the shoe I was testing the bend of the toe, and could feel a potential issue. After one session my toe was bleeding and bleed-through to the outer material."

1708459460156.png

vettez06 vettez06 I shouldn't have skipped toe day :smh:

I really want to try out those PFs but them being not returnable is a problem. I played 3 or 4 games in the regular 38 lows 3 weeks ago and they're so narrow even with thinner socks it still hurt my foot and I still have the arch/foot pain when I first put a shoe on, even though it's not bad enough to keep me from playing. And I still have a wound from them scraping the skin off my toe.

The lows look incredible. But damn they narrow. I don't know if it's worth paying more than the bred 4s to get a performance basketball shoe I might only be able to wear casually.

Has anybody here gotten a PF of the 38 lows and can share how much better they felt than a regular pair?
haven't tried the lows yet but that concerns me. I'll give them a try once they are out and I'll be the judge to see if they are painful or not.

Question to everyone who uses an orthotics in these (or any shoe with Zoom strobel actually) have you experienced, or are you in any way concerned about the Zoom unit popping since most orthotics have a very stiff plate at the bottom?

I am once again dealing with some bothering ankle pain which radiates up to my knees and hips, and when I eventually return to play after taking some time off I would really like to deal with this issue. I have also started building a lot of lower body strength through weightlifting.

Experiences, please share them!

Question to everyone who uses an orthotics in these (or any shoe with Zoom strobel actually) have you experienced, or are you in any way concerned about the Zoom unit popping since most orthotics have a very stiff plate at the bottom?

I am once again dealing with some bothering ankle pain which radiates up to my knees and hips, and when I eventually return to play after taking some time off I would really like to deal with this issue. I have also started building a lot of lower body strength through weightlifting.

My very best advice would be for you to find a good RPG physio, work both on intrinsic and extrinsic foot muscles and as well as foot mobility so you can eventually ditch the orthodics for good when the time comes.
(that is if you don't have any permanent structural damage to your ankle)

Fot most people it can take anywhere between a few months to a year, depending, but one of my players recently got rid of his orthodics he's had to wear for the last 9 years...after only about 4 months of RPG treatments once every 2 weeks(plus some specific strengthening exercices 5-6x/week). He's doesn't have any knee and hip pain anymore. His vert almost instantly went up by several inches, his speed and agility increased almost overnite, plus he feels great after every basketball session: life changer!

Same for another one of my players 2 years ago for whom it took about 6 months but remember that this was in season and he did do skiing recreationnaly on a regular basis on top of that(which didn't help at all).

Put some emphasis on working those glute muscles so your ankle joint can function properly without getting too much of the load. In the lower leg give special attention to working those tib pos, anterior tib and peroneus amongst others especially if your lifts target your calves(gastroc and soleus) on top of what I've already mentioned.

Edit: and do NOT ditch the orthodics one morning just like that because you feel like it or start feeling better. Listen to your PT all the way throughout and view it as a gradual process once you start to remove the orthodics, in other words there will be a transition phase between having them on or off in the last few weeks of the process.

Hope this helps and get well my man!

After you'll be able to enjoy your new shoes to the fullest on top of that as a bonus!

Last edited:

here is what I can say with regards to orthotics and there might be others that don't agree with me. putting an orthotics with this shoe or any show which have a certain cushion setup would be counter-productive or pretty much nullifying the intended shoe cushion it was built for. typically, orthotics are made to correct some certain foot issues that a person have. this is why podiatrists recommend certain shoes to go along with the orthotics. what I'm saying that it would be a complete waste for the shoe if you are going to use that particular orthotics.
now with the insole, that is another subject. I consider insoles mainly for step-in comfort that doesn't necessary affect the typical cushioning of the shoe, unless the insole has a plate or added cushioning material like air/gel/etc...

as far as pain goes, I suggest you do a long sabbatical til your issues are resolved. you don't want to aggravate the problem further.

went at Footlocker again this afternoon and took a look at these. damn, they are just so tempting and hard to resist. just trying to fight off the temptation.

Attachments

• air-jordan-38-low-fundamental-2024-v0-v6uerf8fu1cc1.jpg
    air-jordan-38-low-fundamental-2024-v0-v6uerf8fu1cc1.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 923

Never had an issue with the strobel and orthotics. You can actually feel the strobel bag responding as it should. Only thing I noticed was the cloth over the strobel bag squeaks in the Jordan 36, when worn with orthotics, no matter what I have tried.

And I also noticed not all strobel bags are created equal. Had the Jordan 36 on one foot and the Durant 13 on the other, both full length strobel, double stack forefoot and it was night and day. Returned the 13’s immediately. Couldn’t tell a difference when I tried them with the stock insert in. It (the strobel) wasn’t as robust in the 13’s. It was slimmer in the toe area. Where in the 36, the coverage area is wider. It also had more bounce back and responsiveness. Would have never noticed with stock insoles in.

Also felt the X-Plate actually working in the 38’s. Just hate they separated after the first run on the outsole. Was too tight fitting with the lows and will pass on them among other things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom