Air Jordan 38

Never had an issue with the strobel and orthotics. You can actually feel the strobel bag responding as it should. Only thing I noticed was the cloth over the strobel bag squeaks in the Jordan 36, when worn with orthotics, no matter what I have tried.

And I also noticed not all strobel bags are created equal. Had the Jordan 36 on one foot and the Durant 13 on the other, both full length strobel, double stack forefoot and it was night and day. Returned the 13’s immediately. Couldn’t tell a difference when I tried them with the stock insert in. It (the strobel) wasn’t as robust in the 13’s. It was slimmer in the toe area. Where in the 36, the coverage area is wider. It also had more bounce back and responsiveness. Would have never noticed with stock insoles in.

Also felt the X-Plate actually working in the 38’s. Just hate they separated after the first run on the outsole. Was too tight fitting with the lows and will pass on them among other things.
the 36 actually has a squeak on them regardless if you use an orthotics or not. for me, the issue I have with using the 36 is I couldn't wear them with thin socks considering those potholes are uncomfortable after long wear.

1708225620552.png
BRUH. Whos deciding which colorways to release and which ones to give only as pes. this is vone of the G ,looking jordans, OAT. and that person should be fired or at least rediculed

It's a damn shame these lows are trash. I tried to convince myself to get the black lows after having a horrible experience with the white/black/red lows, but everywhere I looked the reviews were mostly bad. Not seeing a bunch of guys in the NBA wearing the lows (or the highs actually), and not seeing anybody on court in college or high school or in person wearing them or trying to get them. Waste of a shoe. I hate it.

It's a damn shame these lows are trash. I tried to convince myself to get the black lows after having a horrible experience with the white/black/red lows, but everywhere I looked the reviews were mostly bad. Not seeing a bunch of guys in the NBA wearing the lows (or the highs actually), and not seeing anybody on court in college or high school or in person wearing them or trying to get them. Waste of a shoe. I hate it.
So your decision is based on how many people wore the shoe?

What? The JB people are wearing them though. Well besides Rui who seems stuck on his 36.

What? The JB people are wearing them though. Well besides Rui who seems stuck on his 36.

Last game Paolo played he wore Luka 2s.
THJ - Tatum 1s
Conley - 38 lows
Uncle Jeff - 38 lows
Bam - 38 lows
Mo Wagner - 36s
Rui Hachimura, as you noted, - 36s

So it's a mixed bag. But more than that, I was looking for people in here or who do reviews to talk about how they've worked or not for them. Trust me, I was looking for an excuse to buy them, but just kept coming up on people, including folks in here, saying they run super narrow. And so I looked at the NDC reviews and saw the same thing. Performance reviews I could find (where they're actually reviewing the shoe's performance) were mixed at best, but most people like "this aint it".

The black/blue lows are beautiful. But they (the 38 lows) certainly don't seem to be a hit for people playing bball. Do people yall are playing with wear them?

I really like my Fundamental lows. I like the changes/improvements over the mids. Fit is a little sloppy for me and I get some minor heel slip in the mids. I also get a little irritation around my ankle from the tongue. All of those are fixed in lows. Also, so far no sole separation issues with the lows. Overall a great shoe and I will happily grab more colorways.

THJ - Tatum 1s
Conley - 38 lows
Uncle Jeff - 38 lows
Bam - 38 lows
Mo Wagner - 36s

So it's a mixed bag. But more than that, I was looking for people in here or who do reviews to talk about how they've worked or not for them. Trust me, I was looking for an excuse to buy them, but just kept coming up on people, including folks in here, saying they run super narrow. And so I looked at the NDC reviews and saw the same thing. Performance reviews I could find (where they're actually reviewing the shoe's performance) were mixed at best, but most people like "this aint it".

The black/blue lows are beautiful. But they (the 38 lows) certainly don't seem to be a hit for people playing bball. Do people yall are playing with wear them?

not sure if you tried the mids but so far, none of that super-narrow issues that people are talking about. I haven't tried the lows so I couldn't judge on that yet. as far as narrow goes, my comparison to what is narrow for me is the GT Jump 1s. now those are narrow for me but I don't find a similar experience to the 38s. if there was one issue I have with the 38s, it's with the fit as I always feel my foot slipping out. so it was necessary to crank up the laces and tie them up completely to the last lace hole.

as far as your issue is concerned, your best bet would be to try out multiple pairs and swap shoes that seem to be narrow over the other. I do that whenever I have issues with certain pairs.

I prefer playing on mids but sometimes play on lows depending on the shoe fit. if my feet keeps on slipping out, the answer is no.

I really like my Fundamental lows. I like the changes/improvements over the mids. Fit is a little sloppy for me and I get some minor heel slip in the mids. I also get a little irritation around my ankle from the tongue. All of those are fixed in lows. Also, so far no sole separation issues with the lows. Overall a great shoe and I will happily grab more colorways.

That's so good to hear!

THJ - Tatum 1s
Conley - 38 lows
Uncle Jeff - 38 lows
Bam - 38 lows
Mo Wagner - 36s

Harrison Barnes had the lows on last night

Back
Top Bottom