Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

I tried the 39s about 2-3 months ago. design-wise, I like the shoe. simplistic yet elegant and functional. I like the cushion and the feel of the shoe. I like how it is a signature shoe and not that abomination 2 years ago. it was so close to being a performer but I felt the shoe ain't made for me. it felt like the Kyries and felt unstable. if only they made them wider and flatter rather than rounded, it would have made my list of performers. just don't feel safe with it and more likely to roll my ankles more on them.

No 13s

can't believe it idris elba GIF

so far, I prefer the 39s better than the 38s and 36s in terms of overall fit, material, comfort. they could have been quite better than the 34s if they aren't rounded. the instability concern definitely killed the potential performance aspect of the shoe. can't have a shoe only for casual use.

3.png

2.png

1.png

Boring Bland
just a couple words used to describe the Chicago cw and yet there is a certain undeniable charm to them and also why i didnt want to go too heavy on customization. May grab another pair to run a more advance take in mind but for now kept things minimal.
Signature rear 39 and plate have been filled. Gold tipped the laces upper hit with satin and something that doesnt come across well on camera but does on hand was the front toe piece and tongue 39 have been touched with pearl and gloss finish.
5.png

Wasnt set on it initially yet after a couple wears blacked out the tab.

weartest update after 4 long wears
(edit now 5):

-did some drills, played extensive 1v1's, 3v3', a 30 minutes run 5v5 yesterday(my 1st in over a year! slowly coming back from injury) and now a second one.

*very comfy and very very good for shootaround

*minimal foot or legs soreness the day after, due to superior impact protection, it's crazy! 👍👍

*NO ankle rolling/stability problems AT ALL on wooden floors, even less if it's dusty. Shoes are stable enough laterally for my weight and explosive style of play...even though I'm not quite there yet, I don't foresee any issues.
(if you play on a mondo surface with zero slip, maybe my initial comments would still apply...to be confirmed eventually)

*at first I was scared with lateral stability issues cause they felt wobbly and unstable at the heel just trying them on at home, same for shootaround on the 1st wear BUT the feeling quickly wore off with each successive wear. Once broken in at the 3rd wear, the shoes felt very settled and inspired me a lot of confidence in 'em to the point it wasn't even in the back of my mind anymore. To my surprise the shoes seem like great on court performers in my experience so far.

*The more I wear 'em the more I come to love the 39! Never thought I'd be the one to say that 3 months ago!!!

To the point that now I don't plan on wearing any of my old shoes for a while, that's how I love'em for on court duties!

Last edited:
Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated bro'! Basketball is my life.

I'm sad the shoes didn't do it for you and others, from what I've read. I was so convinced it would be the exact same thing for me after reading all the posts from experienced people here on NT and seeing a few reviews from channels I trust, I expected the same, especially in my situation. It's still hard for me to believe what is happening, but hey I won't complain after all 😊

For casual wear, at least they are way better in person, plus they are mad comfy, so I agree with all those that stated this before me.

Back
Top Bottom