Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Well this soul definitely would cop I don't follow the crowd I could careless what the next person have to say not everyone hated that shoe so I guess it has to be a old school retro to be accepted man I can remember back in the 92 and 93 my freshman year og high-school those 7's didn't sell out h#ll they were still sitting on the shelves when the 8's came out and was deep discounted and the 8's did the same they when the 9's and 10 's drop

A lot of shoes sat back in the day. The 2009 will never be the 7 8 or 9 though. If they do drop make sure you wait til they are $50 to cop. No need to pay retail lol.

It blows my mind that there are people that don’t like the 38 😂. Not only do they look fire, they might be the most comfortable jordan of all time right out of the box.
IMG_0528.jpeg

:sick:

I dont have too many expectations. I just want comfort and the brand to raise the bar with the tech like always. There should be an obvious evolution from one game shoe to the next. I’d like to see some call outs to the 9 with maybe colors, a new take on the speed lacing that was on the 9, reintroduce the inner bootie, and hopefully they keep the moon boot aesthetic because its one of the visual elements that set it aside from the rest of the line.

And while We’re here discussing the 39, I just want to give a quick mention to the XXXX! I hope they do something truly, truly unique, special and it’s revolutionary.. 40 sig models is crazy to even think about! Ok, back to the 39 :lol:
I believe the Jordan 40 could be the biggest turn around for the signature line, due to the fact that the Jordan 10 was so plain after they removed the original toe cap from the release pair,..... So I feel if they pay homage to the 10, they have to do something with the toe cap original release,..... I feel the accolades on the bottom will be a very major part of its design also, wouldn't mind seeing that pair go full on auto lacing with the eco friendly leather base,..... But let's be perfectly honest about the 40, I feel that it will need to be a stand out since the shoe that would inspire it really was plain?? Meaning they could go clean sheet design and really make the fans love it and new fans along the way! Being a fan of the Brand alliance the beginning, I have copped every pair from 1-38 no matter popular opinion of the styling, and loved each pair differently even to this day they all had some great points to them!!! Just want 39 to show the world that Jordan Brand is stilling making some of the best performance shoes again?!?!?

I believe the Jordan 40 could be the biggest turn around for the signature line, due to the fact that the Jordan 10 was so plain after they removed the original toe cap from the release pair,..... So I feel if they pay homage to the 10, they have to do something with the toe cap original release,..... I feel the accolades on the bottom will be a very major part of its design also, wouldn't mind seeing that pair go full on auto lacing with the eco friendly leather base,..... But let's be perfectly honest about the 40, I feel that it will need to be a stand out since the shoe that would inspire it really was plain?? Meaning they could go clean sheet design and really make the fans love it and new fans along the way! Being a fan of the Brand alliance the beginning, I have copped every pair from 1-38 no matter popular opinion of the styling, and loved each pair differently even to this day they all had some great points to them!!! Just want 39 to show the world that Jordan Brand is stilling making some of the best performance shoes again?!?!?
No matter how well they design the 40s, if they are a modern derivative of the 10s, they will always be inferior to them.

The same goes for all these corny "modern" updates in the AJ 31 onwards.

Let the classics be classics instead of trying to remake them unto some derivative design.

No matter how well they design the 40s, if they are a modern derivative of the 10s, they will always be inferior to them.

The same goes for all these corny "modern" updates in the AJ 31 onwards.

Let the classics be classics instead of trying to remake them unto some derivative design.
This is a fair point! I think JB should end the modern game shoe with classic call backs and just start a new and fresh direction. Kinda like how they re-established the game shoe as the top basketball shoe with the 28 After JB fell off a for a few years. I think that refresh starting with the 28 is what has propelled the brand to where they are now By maintaining the game shoe as one of the top basketball shoes every year. The game shoe, starting at the XXXX, needs a pattern interrupt. Full stop. Start a new era and direction. I would like to see extremely durable, strong and lightweight materials like dyneema, carbon fiber, xpac with luxury high end leathers, silks, etc. Would really love Nike to buy Ecco for their luxury lightweight leathers backed by dyneema.

Just an opinion. But the last great sig was the 23. Ive liked others beyond that. But that was the last to move the dial for me. Newer players are going to "carry" the brand. I guess its time for me to quit imagining MJ in these newer sigs. Because each year that goes by, it gets harder to do so.

Just an opinion. But the last great sig was the 23. Ive liked others beyond that. But that was the last to move the dial for me. Newer players are going to "carry" the brand. I guess its time for me to quit imagining MJ in these newer sigs. Because each year that goes by, it gets harder to do so.

The 23 is a top 5 sig IMO. Especially that damn finale pair.

As for tech ,.... I believe the 39 will have a lot of close ties to the 9, but with a modern technology setup, a shoe that's both lightweight and performance driven.... I believe that we will likely get the Jumpman on the heel of the shoe a lot like what we see with the Tatum 1 and Zion 3, so expect it to be placed where you can see it's the signature shoe line! I wouldn't be surprised if they bring some of the stats that were on the sole of the 9 to the 39?!? I expect to see 23 and maybe even 45 somewhere on the shoe.....

As for the mid-sole, expect it to get Formula 23 foam as well as a full length Zoom -Air unit and if im being truly optimistic maybe they will double the bag in the forefoot for added comfort.... I'm envisioning that it will stay with the X plate like setup because that l unit they have on the 38 definitely improves it's lockdown in lateral movements! As for the up I believe they will feature the very light weight leather used in the 38, likely owing more in character to the 38 low over the mid,.... As for the upper, I expect a sock like liner , that will improve lockdown and shifting when in motion, add to that and nice tight collar at the ankle and I believe the shoe will improve on what we saw with the 38, side pods with windows to the Zoom Air Unit at the forefoot, with some mimicking to the 9 pods... So what do you all think?? Tell me what you all would like to see???
I hope they continue his stats for the second part of his career

29s were maybe the best hoop shoe I’ve ever played in. They were lightweight but still with a TON of stability, cushioning, and decent traction (esp on the lows). They also had a relatively minimalist design, even with some cws having crazy prints (like the giant real life MJ Jumpman pic lol).

There was a reason JB essentially reused the tooling in the XXX and Westbrook kept that same tooling on his XXX1 PEs, despite the XXX1s having completely different tooling.

To me, that will always be peak performance era, where JB wasn’t putting out derivative designs based on popular retros and essentially made a VERY straightforward performance basketball shoe.

Always wondered which model JB just accepted we are not going to sell out our newest model anymore, they are going to sit for discount. So, let's just focus on performance.

I'll put it like this, I feel that the Jordan 40 will set a major tone for the Jordan Brand as they start to disconnect from MJ and more towards the connection to the Brand with the fans,.... I love th concept they have at this point, but I'm sure what they come up with will set a new standard

I think we are close to a 21 retro. They keep dropping 23s but in dumb colorways. Makes no sense.

Exactly! I love the 23's.......they just hurt my pinkie toe!! But, they definitely need to stop with the crazy colorways of the 23s. Just give me the top colorways like the og's (black/red, white/black/red (both chicago and all stars), motorsports, and tiitanums.

Back
Top Bottom