Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

On™ Jordan :emoji_sweat_smile:

1706293061290.jpeg

Those concepts are far from official. Those are from a random ig person that actually has good design skills.

I like his idea of the concept but I doubt they'll look anything like them.

Well this soul definitely would cop I don't follow the crowd I could careless what the next person have to say not everyone hated that shoe so I guess it has to be a old school retro to be accepted man I can remember back in the 92 and 93 my freshman year og high-school those 7's didn't sell out h#ll they were still sitting on the shelves when the 8's came out and was deep discounted and the 8's did the same they when the 9's and 10 's drop

I'm with you. I'd definitely grab that color way. I'd wear them to anything where dress shoes are the norm. Heck I don't even have dress shoes (I wear my Space Jams for those types of events) 😂). I'm like you, I DON'T buy what the general consensus is. I hate Hypebeasts, and buy the types of shoes I grew up loving or missed when I was younger. Never bought any Yeezy pairs or TS or any collab from a musician either. Give me good late 80s/early 90s Nike Flights, trainers and Agassi tennis (played since I was 12..im now 47) and I'll be 100% content (Maestro 1 and Air Tech Challenge 1 if your reading this Nike 🙏🙏🙏).

2012 was worse looks wise. 37 lows are fire. 23 lows had poorest quality. How do you feel about XV, XX9, XXXI quality wise? I’m undecided.
I’d put the 2012 2nd worse all time looks wise.

Not talking about any lows cuz the 37 low is nice.

I loved the 15, 29 was great hooper but I’d never wear it off court. The 31 probably has the best colorways of any sig shoe I can remember.

Honorable mention but no lol. Them 2009 heels are stupid. And the colorways sucked. Just a weird design. That’s the era when Kobe’s and Lebrons started outshining Jordan’s new sigs. That shoe just started the downfall
It was a weird design but colorways sucked?

White/black
Black/white red
Black/red gold
Black/gold

👀

Shoe had decent quality, it was before the era of the flyweave, which then turned into the era of plastic, fake leather and mesh that we are in now.

It was a weird design but colorways sucked?

White/black
Black/white red
Black/red gold
Black/gold

👀

Shoe had decent quality, it was before the era of the flyweave, which then turned into the era of plastic, fake leather and mesh that we are in now.
White and black and black and white? What was so great about that? What was the accent color? Grey? lol

Quality was ok. I honestly couldn’t tell it was a Jordan. The theme was what? fencing lmbo? And the advertisement for em looked like a YouTuber made up the video. Just an extremely wack shoe in every facet. And yes the 2012 is up there, so is the 37 but nothing beats how trash the 2009 was. Still mad about those lol

I’d put the 2012 2nd worse all time looks wise.

Not talking about any lows cuz the 37 low is nice.

I loved the 15, 29 was great hooper but I’d never wear it off court. The 31 probably has the best colorways of any sig shoe I can remember.
I thought the 19 look like s word. I never tried them on but can't imagine them looking good with anything. Id rather the lows.

JB should give us the Nike ID option for the 39. Let us make the color ways we want. We can have our own PEs. BTW, I love my retro 9s, the black/white color way.
I dunno man. That kind of seems like a losing proposition on Nike's end. It's possible that the 39's are an amazing model that generates a ton of hype and gets enough buzz that they sell out immediately, but based off the past few years models, that doesn't seem like it's gonna be the case.

And they're releasing at a $200 price point, so NBY for Jordans will be at least $225. How many pairs you buying at that price point? 3?

The Sabrina 1s were $120 or $130 and then $150 on NBY and a bunch of people (me included) went wild and got multiple pairs, at the $150 price point. After a time, they went off NBY briefly and then came back with a $160 point pricetag for NBY.

So if they put the 39s on there you could be looking at $230 if the 39s are $200, or, if the 39s come with that Cut III price bump and are $210, then NBY for the 39s would be a whopping $240, which is like $255 out the door. How many pairs is the average consumer really buying? Especially when outside of the JB guys, the vast majority of NBA players are in other shoes.

Anything could happen, but I just don't see them bothering to give us that option. Now what could work, to me, is to do NBY for some kind of special time frame, and not before or after. But that definitely isn't happening so, I think the chances of any of this are slim to none.

I'll say it,.. the 39 should be a elite performance shoe as it was originally intended to be, Jordan Brand can have the shoe inspired by as long as it does what they have done since they started the retro concept,.... Inspired will never mean it's like the originals, which is where a lot of people need to get away from,.... Inspired by should not look exactly like the original with some.new technology,... Retro inspired is free form with design elements not the full design! If the 39 arrives and has more focused design compared to the original, people will still have issue with it, so let's just call it what it is,.... A performance shoe I spires by the 9!

As for the Nike ID concept, I like it, but Jordan Brand would lose a lot of money on that with this shoe, instead how about just give us the classic colorways we loved and maybe add a few new ones that we dare to live and see what we can get! As we approach NBA All-Star weekend, March Madness, NBA play offs and WNBA I'm sure we will see something soon enough?? I doubt we will have to wait til September before we get the first glimpse

Back
Top Bottom