Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

I don't like that it's a drop in midsole though.

1000011168.jpg
Is it even possible to use orthotics with a drop in midsole setup?

They are decent. I would like to see a black and red .

Was thinking the same thing. The SN article said there are 2 more that they weren't allowed to photograph because the colors on the sample were off. I'd think a black/red would have to be one of those.

I’m intrigued by the cushioning. Definitely want to try that out. The zoomX drop in with zoom on the bottom seems like a modern take on the Lebron 11 drop in. These might end getting used by people in Kobes if they fit.

Design doesn’t look premium. I like the comp to the Quick 6.

The Zion 3s are narrow inside and out. The 39s look kinda narrow too from these pics. I hope the forefoot and heel are wide enough for stability. I don’t see outriggers. I also hope the interior is accommodating.

Looks like a Chris Paul signature. Always liked his shoes but don’t seem like an Air Jordan. Glad it’s a lower top. Gonna have to grow on me.

If they're not gonna drop these in a Gatorade colorway as a reference to that old Gatorade ad it'll be a missed opportunity lol

34s were dope, 35s were meh, 36s were dope, 37s were terrible, 38s look great to me, but have performance issues of various types. 39s look like about a 5 out of 10. At the end of the sneakernews article there was a picture of the military blue 4s and look at the wing and the design lines and what not. The 39s look slapped together. Maybe they are purposefully underwhelming so they can do something special with the 40s.

For $200 before taxes these are completely underwhelming. At least they aren't as terrible as the 37s, but there is next to nothing there. Banchero is playing in them right now and they look completely forgettable. Nothing eye catching or different. The AE1s and the Hardens and the upcoming Dames look so much better.

Oh well, can't hit on every design. Maybe once they hit disco there will finally be bigger sizes sitting. There's always a silver lining.

Back
Top Bottom