Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Ant man’s, Lukas, and Tatums shoe are the most worn shoe I see outside of Nike basketball. I see more kids hooping in retros than the air Jordan 37 or air Jordan 38

Ant man’s, Lukas, and Tatums shoe are the most worn shoe I see outside of Nike basketball. I see more kids hooping in retros than the air Jordan 37 or air Jordan 38
lol yeah well take the old grump’s hot take over the guy actually coaching kids every day 🤣

I mean, I coach kids and this take isn't as far off as you think lol.
I’m suspect of anyone saying there’s a lot of Tatums on the court. And especially suspect of someone claiming a brand new model that dropped 3 mos ago in low numbers is all over courts.

More of NTers taking their tiny sample size of hooping at the Y as indicative of the market 🤣

I’m suspect of anyone saying there’s a lot of Tatums on the court. And especially suspect of someone claiming a brand new model that dropped 3 mos ago in low numbers is all over courts.

More of NTers taking their tiny sample size of hooping at the Y as indicative of the market 🤣
You talking about Ant's being dropped in low numbers? Their stock may have been selling on line but there's good allocation actually out in stores. I have a handful of kids in my PE classes, What is athletics 6th grade class, handful in 7th and 8th grade athletics class.

It's not really a small sample size from what I'm seeing though. I coach in Houston in the 3rd largest district in the state, where we have 120,000+ students. My actual kids play in leagues too and see what's out there.

What's a lot of tatums? I've seen a lot of all different models at my kid's leagues and tourneys. Def have seen tatums/lukas out there. I've seen more melo's than I would have expected, but I think the younger kids like those colorful models. Most common signature shoes I saw this past season were probably kobe 6 and lebron 20.

You talking about Ant's being dropped in low numbers? Their stock may have been selling on line but there's good allocation actually out in stores. I have a handful of kids in my PE classes, What is athletics 6th grade class, handful in 7th and 8th grade athletics class.

It's not really a small sample size from what I'm seeing though. I coach in Houston in the 3rd largest district in the state, where we have 120,000+ students. My actual kids play in leagues too and see what's out there.
The first cw didn’t even drop until Christmas so someone saying they’re seeing a lot of AE1’s on court with kids has me suspect since for many parts of the country basketball season was already half over for fall/winter leagues and school ball. A sample size of a few mos. But yes, I did read they produced the AE1 in modest numbers not knowing how well it would do so that comment surprised me more.

A lot of adidas schools and AAU teams wear AE’s. I went to the McDonald’s all American game a couple weeks ago. ( I’m also in Houston) Cooper Flagg and all those boys were in AE’s as well. But I digress.

Looking forward to seeing if they got a colorway that makes the shoe pop more. The black on white is decent

A lot of adidas schools and AAU teams wear AE’s. I went to the McDonald’s all American game a couple weeks ago. ( I’m also in Houston) Cooper Flagg and all those boys were in AE’s as well. But I digress.
lol sponsored shoes aren’t the same. Cooper Flagg was wearing 38’s in the JB Classic Sunday too 😂

lol sponsored shoes aren’t the same. Cooper Flagg was wearing 38’s in the JB Classic Sunday too 😂
Ok I’ll give you that lol. But yeah I’ve seen the battlefield AE’s on court. But definitely more of the Tatum 1’s and Ja’s and Lukas for sure.

Out of the mainline Air Jordans from 31 to 39, i must say the 39 are the weakest looking.
I love my 38 and 33 off court.
I think for the 39, they should have made them first of all proper midcuts, put certain design elements from the original 9 such as the jumpman logo with the globe, the plastic lace loops, certain reference to the ridged shaped midsole. And no, we don't need translucent outsoles on every Air Jordan.

Let’s not lie here. They Resemble a team Jordan take down shoe definitely. But colorways can definitely define this model for enthusiasts.

Also: my opinion; not enough resemblance to the Jordan 9 not enough cues for a prior 9 to matter in this shoe.

I think they've gotten away from trying to resemble past sigs that coincide. The 38 didn't really resemble the 8 outside of the tongue depending on the colorway.
How much cooler would the 38 fundamentals have looked with three X's four llll with a slash through it and then lll. Smooth2three get on that

Man I hoop on the regular. I hang with nothing but hoopers. Nobody is wearing these sig models like that. What state are you guys in? I see 38’s mainly in college games and NBA games. But if I see a pair in a youth game or at a LA Fitness is definitely rare. Y’all gotta stop the cap.

As a person who plays basketball everyday and and may different paces, I rarely see people playing basketball in Jean dogs either.

I watch basketball everywhere on tv and on YouTube, I rarely see people wearing Jordan sig models and it's been this way for years.

I'm puzzled as to why because Jordan's signature shoes are usually one of if not the best performing basketball shoe each year.

People are either stuck in the past or just don't like the looks and it ends there.

With kids they don’t want a new shoe from a guy who is 60. Same way we wouldn’t have considered anything other than J’s in the 80’s and 90’s. That’s a big part of it. In reality there aren’t a lot of grown men buying performance basketball shoes

With kids they don’t want a new shoe from a guy who is 60. Same way we wouldn’t have considered anything other than J’s in the 80’s and 90’s. That’s a big part of it. In reality there aren’t a lot of grown men buying performance basketball shoes
Not sure I entirely follow your logic. Kids don’t want the new sigs because MJ is old and they didn’t see him play and they don’t care about him, but they buy the retros of shoes that are famous because of the same guy? Is the thought that they at least know who he is and only buy shoes he played in? Or that they buy the retros because some of those shoes have become pop culture staples on their own whereas the new models don’t have that going for them?
It may just be they don’t like a lot of the designs regardless of anything else.

You could argue that their parents are buying the retros for them based off of nostalgia. I’ve basked enough kids what sig number retro they were wearing and couldn’t tell me. I had a pair of 3s on the other day and a kid asked me if I was wearing a pair of 4s. The connection to playing in, is not there with them. They see who’s playing on tv and what they’re wearing and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom