Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

And yet Reebok, Adidas and Puma all manage to keep their prices the same as they were 10 yrs ago, whilst maintaining a respectable standard of quality.

I've been picking up non Nike/JB shoes pretty much since February. I'm thinking of turning my back on new releases, especially from Jordan. Not worth the trouble at all any more.

Nike is just reacting to what they see. I'm sure they do research on FC / Ebay prices to see what shoes are selling at. Don't tell me if you saw prices of your products being sold for double or even triple the original cost, you wouldn't do the same. They are running a business. This whole Elite thing was to test the market and even though the Elites aren't 100% sold out, most sites have sold out of the popular sizes of the Lebron Home Elites at $250 a pop and the Taxis and SB's are guaranteed sell outs.

As long as we continue to buy, they will keep raising prices but I have a feeling the bubble is going to burst soon because like all things in popular culture, this shoe trend is a what's popular right now but let's see what happens in 12 months. There will always be true sneakerheads (myself included) that will always buy these, but the rest of the hypebeasts and resellers will fade with time

$180 for a shoe that used to be $100 and $200 for a shoe that used to be $120??? thats $198.45 for 4s after tax and $220.50 for 11s after tax 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yeah...the end of me buying Jordans is coming VERY soon. retail is getting higher, which means resale will too. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

30t6p3b.gif
After this year, I will likely throw in the towel for good. this is insane
^^This
I was planning on gracefully bowing out after these two releases anyway. It's been fun NT, to say the least.

Originally Posted by sthebest

$180 for a shoe that used to be $100 and $200 for a shoe that used to be $120??? thats $198.45 for 4s after tax and $220.50 for 11s after tax 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yeah...the end of me buying Jordans is coming VERY soon. retail is getting higher, which means resale will too. 
tired.gif

You really think a shoe that cost $120 in 2001 is gonna cost $120 in 2012?
laugh.gif
Blame inflation.

Nike can see how easily people will drop $200 and up on resale prices for a shoe they really want, so they've essentially become the reseller. Was def. gonna cop 4's and possibly the XI's, but I'm good. I just can't justify that price increase, the kicks should come with Vaseline...

Gotta love it, the quality of the shoes decrease and the price increases, makes sense...

Alot of people be saying this was gonna happen pretty sooon there gonna reach the 200$ price tag and unfortunately for alot of us that love sneakers we will still buy em.. #!%%% terrible
ohwell.gif

so this must mean the pre sale prices are gonna be ridicoulous
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif
Blame inflation.
sure there some price increase, but this is obviously just because demand is high. prices dont nearly double in 10 years. value of dollar hasnt doubled.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

tired.gif

laugh.gif
Blame inflation.
sure there some price increase, but this is obviously just because demand is high. prices dont nearly double in 10 years. value of dollar hasnt doubled.

Exactly. Take for instance the Air Flight 89s.

People always aks when is it time to give up on the shoe game?

Black Friday sounds as good of day as any.

sooner or later the resell bubble is going to burst as well. ppl are not going to just keep paying higher and higher prices esp in this economy. and resellers contribute a lot to jbs bottom line since theyre the ones buying multiple pairs and fsr at stores. its going to be interesting to see how things will play out next year.

laugh.gif
Blame inflation.

As I said in my previous post, other companies manage it just fine. The Answer IVs were $115 when they first released back in 2000...
Spoiler [+]

I really don't understand why you guys persist with this brand.

"Oh, just one more release and then I'm definitely calling it quits" -dudes have been saying that for the last 50 releases! 
laugh.gif

And I bet they're not even giving us Durabuck on the damn IV's either.

JB needs a quality intervention.

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.

Back
Top Bottom