Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

so i guess its safe to say the bred 13s next year will be $180 too huh
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah it's a wrap for me next year. I'm glad that I have most of the J's I want. Next year's releases are really all I need to call it quits.

For those throwing inflation out there, please get a new argument because that's not the driving force behind these increases. JB knows that the demand is at an all time high and that raising prices of the two most popular releases of the year will not have negative financial implications. As others have stated, why are a pair of Flight 89's retailing for under $100? Air Max 90's for under $100? They know that they can get away with changing the MSRP on certain products, but not others. It's a smart business strategy, but goes to show that they know exactly how to play a chess game with us as their pawns.

That's true about the resellers.. But I don't see the sense in this particular price increase. Inflation hasn't jumped $20 in the last couple months lol

200 for some bad quality goods? come on the concords last year were horrible the pyhlon was all messy and not shaped well. Better have fixed that problem.

Still gonna cop these sneakers, and to all you people out there saying your really out of the game because of this i know you going to change your mind when the dates get near watch.

As most said why wouldnt they increase the price, I mean people will spend $350 to have them 3 months early. I hate that it is coming to this, but what can we do??? Not buy...Yes, but how many will actually follow that? Not many.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
The last time I bought a pair of Jordans were the CG  Spizike and actually quit. This is not surprising at all really. I know a lot of people who will still won't care as long they got the new J's price them at $300 they'll be out there for them
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

And I bet they're not even giving us Durabuck on the damn IV's either.

JB needs a quality intervention.

That's the sad part.  I have no problem dropping extra for a top quality product even though we should receive it at the current price points.  To raise the prices only to give us that dust magnet ashy larry material that's gonna need a lint roller after every wear is just asinine.  JB has taken full advantage of that Concord publicity.  Hats off to them.  I won't be feeding into it much longer though.

MJ is getting married. His ball club is the worst in NBA history. He has mansion being built. What y'all expecting? Retro has been the ONLY ONE that making money. NIKE even the man himself knows that. The guy y'all worship is sucking your money dry and all he has to do is relax, smokin cigar and play golf.

The quality and the shape and the changes to Jordan's isn't even worth it. I can count on my fingers the number of Jordan's I have purchased the past couple of years. I've already passed on so many of my favorite Jordan's and it looks like it will be no different since they keep doing things like this. Sooner or later their bubble will burst. Nothing lasts forever.

roll.gif
$200, I knew it was coming.  Nike is going after the resellers. 

I'm officially retired from Jordan's. 

TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I'M SURPRISED THEY DIDN'T RAISE THEM MORE. IF I WAS SERIOUSLY JORDAN BRAND, I WOULD PRICE ALL RETROS AT $300-$350 BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL STILL SELL AT THAT PRICE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE PRICE CEILING IS IN ORDER TO GET THE MASSES TO STOP BUYING....$400? $500? ETC.

RETRO IS ALL JORDAN BRAND HAS BASICALLY IN MY EYES. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN IS THE LAST TIME I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE GOING TO COP ANYTHING JB BESIDES A RETRO. WHY WOULDN'T THEY MILK IT.

WHEN THE PRICE GOES ABOVE MY CEILING THEN I'LL BE OUT.

lol why pair $200 for some boo boo quality 11s when you can pay a lil more and get the top notch ones from 2001. I got my 01 pair for $275.

Originally Posted by MichaelClearyVI

Damn, now resellers going to be reselling for even more, its a vicious cycle

I don't think so. This just means resellers will not be buying FSR's anymore.
I can't see someone just making ends meet investing 3-5K in reselling shoes, but you never know.

I will continue spending my money on shoes that are worth the price tag. (New Balance, Reebok Pump, AF1 premiums and supremes)

After the Olympic VI's, JB can suck on something. 
laugh.gif
  My last JB purchase was the Bourdeauxs. 

If you are willing to pay $200 plus anyway, you might want to start looking at Prada, Gucci, or LV. 

if $200 stops all these punk kids form buying im whatever about this
if not than im a angry camper

Been collecting for over 10 years, seems like the time is finally coming to throw in the towel on JB, >$200 after tax is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by super23freak

People always aks when is it time to give up on the shoe game?

Black Friday sounds as good of day as any.

This. And even then, the only way I'm going to buy the 4's if I have another FNL Rewards discount. Otherwise, forget it. Worst case scenario is I lose a chance to spend almost $200. I can live with that. As for the 11's, my 2001 retros are still in excellent condition so that's an easy pass for me.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.
I am surprised that they did not do this with the BIN series. 

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

if $200 stops all these punk kids form buying im whatever about this
if not than im a angry camper

it wont stop them. if these kids can make a 20$ profit they'll go for it. you buy 5 pairs make 20$ off each your making 100$.
a lot of these kids getting $$ fronted by their parents, you gotta make it high enough that the average parent isn't gonna fork out that much cash for their kid to make a 20$ profit. 

Back
Top Bottom