laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
3c216e69f087102fe062d781b93d0fe4b1a3fc0a_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Jays4Days1987

Like Team Nigeria said "IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICE THEN JUST DON'T BUY"

I haven't and I won't. Have fun with your paint chipping Ashy Larry Black Cement IV's for $180 plus tax.

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

atx6bm.gif

to Jordan Brand

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

..and the same sentiments apply those hypebeasts in this thread that say things like "Oh if I was JB, I'd be charging yall $300".....yeah, bro...cool story.

I've been here since 2001. Back when Jordans cost $125. Luckily enough, I have enough Jordans from the older era that will last me 4-5 years and I'm good. I'm not buying !#!@ else from this company.

JB these days represent a big, fake fad. A hype that throttled by these young kids who've never even watch MJ play. SO ya'll can look cool taking pics of shoes just to post them on your facebook and all that.

Enjoy fambs. Enjoy the garbage quality and price increase that justifies nothing.

It was fun while it lasted....

One last message to JB and to Jordan himself....

Spoiler [+]
atx6bm.gif

According to MN they changed thier minds & will only increase the XI's $5

http://www.modern-notorie...r-jordan-11-for-holiday/

Sneakerheads Rejoice! After we announced that Jordan Brand would increase prices on two major Holiday Retro’s , They’ve now made it clear that they would keep prices the same but would only charge $5 more on the Air Jordan 11. Yesterday, the masses became disappointed after hearing about the price increase, but you can now look forward to this holiday season and expect to pay regular price for these two retro’s. Stay tuned with Modern Notoriety and let us know what you think about Jordan Brand’s change of heart.
air-jordan-4-11-holiday2.jpg

oh & IMO they knew the price increase MONTHS ago & the full info just leaked yesterday...they prbly said this/wanted it to leak to make it ok to push the XI's up $5 more & be content with the new $160 tags for everything else

Was just gonna post that they just said they're gonna leave the prices alone on the IV's and only go up to 185 on the XI's. MIGHT cop the IV's now cause it's a grail, the XI's I could take or leave. I stopped buying XI's when they bumped the price up to $175 just on principle so I don't think I'll treat these any different.

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.
Didnt MJ say he doesn't like it when lower class people wear his kicks anyway? This is probably what theyre working towards.
lol...where did you see/hear that? need a link or a vid

Foamposites was $190-$200 before taxes and now they are $200 before taxes and they still sold out instantly. I will be honest, I do not like the price increase, but do you know whose fault it is?  In general, it is our fault for catering to resellers and sites that charge over retail. Nike/JB has known this for years and they are taking FULL advantage of it.  For the person who said that the Air Jordan 17 was the first to feature the $200 price tag, the only way possible was the briefcase that they came with. Other than that, they would have been a standard $160 or so at the time (2002). The 17 lows were retailed at $150. 

idk, I still feel thats a lot of money, call me cheap. We were paying much less just a couple of years ago.

185 for the 11s isn't THAT rediculous, 5 bucks more then Concords for a shoe that is debatably just as popular. I'm still gonna try and cop a pair for sure.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

According to MN they changed thier minds & will only increase the XI's $5

http://www.modern-notorie...r-jordan-11-for-holiday/

Sneakerheads Rejoice! After we announced that Jordan Brand would increase prices on two major Holiday Retro’s , They’ve now made it clear that they would keep prices the same but would only charge $5 more on the Air Jordan 11. Yesterday, the masses became disappointed after hearing about the price increase, but you can now look forward to this holiday season and expect to pay regular price for these two retro’s. Stay tuned with Modern Notoriety and let us know what you think about Jordan Brand’s change of heart.
air-jordan-4-11-holiday2.jpg

The shape of those IVs...things of beauty.  Too bad we'll never see that again.
30t6p3b.gif

Well at least its not $20.

But still.

At least they "heard" our cries.

We'll see if this stays.
Eventually though, maybe next year, we will be paying that $180 price for general release retros.

don't worry that price tag will be there soon enough not just now but best believe it's coming! maybe by next year

Well something is telling me Nike workers and Jordan associates must read up on Niketalk since this is the most famous forum/blog and what not they probably seen all our rants and reasons for the price increase they probably just thought to their selfs "what are we doing? Charging more for a sh*tty quality shoe" lol well I could say 5$ is better than 20$ on every retro ill pay that extra 5 for some 11s that only come out once a year.. Even though 20$ doesn't seem much there is plenty of people that work hard as heck just to make 100$ in one day you figure 20$ is 2 hours of work for a 10$ a hour type person so thank you to the sneaker gods to reevaluate your priceing!

For every Nike shoe we pass on because of price/quality a share of Nike stock should be purchased. A company like this is more concerned with its shareholders than its consumers at this point and maybe that will get them to listen to us.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Was just gonna post that they just said they're gonna leave the prices alone on the IV's and only go up to 185 on the XI's. MIGHT cop the IV's now cause it's a grail, the XI's I could take or leave. I stopped buying XI's when they bumped the price up to $175 just on principle so I don't think I'll treat these any different.

Huh.
It's your grail...and you MIGHT cop?

It's my grail as well...and I'm deciding on if I'm copping more than one pair.

But hey I understand. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.
Didnt MJ say he doesn't like it when lower class people wear his kicks anyway? This is probably what theyre working towards.

Really? i think the lower class people are the majority of the consumers.

Originally Posted by CowColor

THIS.

Really? i think the lower class people are the majority of the consumers.

True story.

We gripe, they respond. Why can't we take it a step further and NOT buy the shoes and just make them bring the prices back the way they were? They obviously paid attention. But I guess the sheep will just get back in the heard and maintain the status quo.
tired.gif

price increase but still bad quality. Especially for these 4s which will start cracking after a couple wears but they want 180 for them

Hahaha, wow that right there shows the power of the internet. Unless this was all a convoluted plan by Nike to fake us out w/ a bogus price increase so that we'd accept the actual increase, the peopole's voice was actually heard. Don't get me wrong an increase from one year to the next still sucks, but at least it's "reasonable". In the end I'll still be done w/JB since all my grails will have been copped.

Back
Top Bottom