Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

As stated earlier in this thread, I would gladly pay more if quality increases came along with these price increases.  I'm ok with paying a premium for a superior product, but a premium for an inferior product when I can just hunt down OGs or 1st gen retros?  I'm good on that. 

I totally agree with this statement.  I would gladly pay these prices if the IV came out at least like the 99's.

JB has their business plan backwards.  Increase Price and Decrease Quality.  They take no pride in their product, none whatsoever. 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by Jays4Days1987

Like Team Nigeria said "IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICE THEN JUST DON'T BUY"

TEAM NIGERIA FOR THE WIN
pimp.gif

That's what's up

So Nike and JB were bluffing the whole time...it still doesn't excuse their quality

Originally Posted by eddiengambino

So Nike and JB were bluffing the whole time...it still doesn't excuse their quality

Yep, Im still not buying the IV. 

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

This.  Retros are pretty much all they've got.  Look at how quick all of those 2009, 2010, and 2011's end up at outlets?

After next year's run of V's and the Bred XIII's this brand can eat a richard.  I'd rather grab the few others that I want (OGs and 1st gen retros) than to settle for mediocrity.  Let a reseller keep the lights on another month as opposed to lining MJ's pockets anymore.  Plus there are some reasonable people out there with these shoes who don't always try and rape on the prices.  At least I'll be paying a premium for a well built product.

Once the nostalgia has run its course this brand will croak...of course unless MJ himself croaks.

Oh cut it out! If JB decided to retro a bunch of classics again like the Seattle X's or the Indiglo XIV's, you and a bunch of other people would be within the first 5 pages of that thread topic talking about how excited you were for that drop! I'm not trying to make it personal here, but I get agitated seeing people who only KNOW a very small percentage of what is coming out next year talk about how they are done after supposed sneaker drops....like I said earlier....Complain now...buy later....that's how it works around here!
laugh.gif

Herein lies the flaw with your logic:
1) Not all of us like the same stuff
2) Even if I "like" a certain pair, it doesn't mean I'll bend over backwards to purchase it.

I did leave another release off of my list above just to be sure I remain consistent (Royal I's), but the point remains.  As stated earlier in this thread, I would gladly pay more if quality increases came along with these price increases.  I'm ok with paying a premium for a superior product, but a premium for an inferior product when I can just hunt down OGs or 1st gen retros?  I'm good on that.  When I already have most of the J's I want it's not necessary.  I don't need every colorway of 1-23.  I buy what I like which is why I rarely wind up selling much of my collection unless it's a double.

I'm in a shirt and tie 5 days a week, it's not that serious to the point that I need every single Jordan anymore.  Besides, nowadays I wear my Nike's way more than I do my J's.

For those who are fine with this, more power to them.  It's one's prerogative to do what they see fit with their own money.  They call it an opinion for a reason.

I will always have a soft spot for this brand and hats off to Nike/JB for making shrewd business decisions.  Cash in on the nostalgia now, it won't last forever.

Well you are the exception to the rule. I was making a generalization based on what happens around here...but I still stand by what I said earlier about alot of these people who complain about this, that, and everything else, but continue to support a brand that creates hype, increased prices, limited supplies (even on GR's), and continues to cut cost production on leather quality by giving up crappy reiterations of Jordans we loved growing up.

You have a set (nh), I applaud you for knowing that your dollar is worth more keeping than freely giving it to a brand that caters to everything else I just mentioned. Same approach I take in buying.

Originally Posted by eddiengambino

Pretty much.

Make a $5 hike seem better than a $20 hike, but either way the price is going up.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

If I was Nike I'd charge $300 for these. As long as you guys keep camping out, crashing websites, pay reseller prices, they'll continue to milk every penny out of us because they can.

yea maybe you

if you have morals and a brain you wont let a company turn you into a sheep and spend ridiculous money on fake leather/plastic shoes that arent worth the $180 retail let alone $300.

$185 sounds like a deal now, sike!

Let's just think about that $5 increase.

200K units x $5 = 1M additional profit.

Originally Posted by beh235

We gripe, they respond. Why can't we take it a step further and NOT buy the shoes and just make them bring the prices back the way they were? They obviously paid attention. But I guess the sheep will just get back in the heard and maintain the status quo.
tired.gif

I am in total agreement with you. For example, I would like to get the military 4's and and the obsidian 12's in June. However, at $160 each, I have to choose one (of course I'm choosing the 12). If they did what they did when they first started doing retros, which was sell them at the price they were when they originally came out, I would buy both. No question. That is because we're talking a little under $250 then vs. almost $350 now. This coming from a 32-year-old man with a full-time job and a family.

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

$185 sounds like a deal now, sike!

Let's just think about that $5 increase.

200K units x $5 = 1M additional profit.
Nike is a multi billion dollar corporation...

roll.gif
 You guys are making up for the money MJ losing with the Bobcats!
tired.gif
 Bad thing is I dont blame them, JB trying to see what they can get away with. If they raised the price to 1000.00 it will still be low income people fighting and breaking it to malls to get in debt.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THIS.
Didnt MJ say he doesn't like it when lower class people wear his kicks anyway? This is probably what theyre working towards.
lol...where did you see/hear that? need a link or a vid
laugh.gif
 this was a few years ago and I know for a fact I saw this on NT. I'll try searching around to see if I find it.

lol ya'll are funny.. got me thinking though.. They proposed a price hike to $200 which no one really expected and many (like myslef) were upset with this news (obviously). Then within a day they take it down to $185??? Seems like JB is presenting the idea or preparing us for the sale of shoes priced at $200, so that whenever they try it again, not as many people will moan and groan... sneaky snakes

I have a feeling that y'all may be somehow confusing and morphing together the tommy hilfiger myth that he hated the lower class wearing his clothing with MJ famously saying that republicans buy sneakers too...

Originally Posted by jonnymasterj

For every Nike shoe we pass on because of price/quality a share of Nike stock should be purchased. A company like this is more concerned with its shareholders than its consumers at this point and maybe that will get them to listen to us.

QFE... that said how many of us would become blinded by dividends and ROI? good idea for sure though.. this is something I've been thinking about for a while.

I couldn't be happier that they kept the 4s at $160. Had it been kept at $180, i'd throw in the towel.
Getting sick of these shoe companies treating loyal fans and consumers like nothing.

It's business though, I get it.

you do also have to realize wage cost in china is rising and as a result margin levels are getting smaller which matters to investors. so nike is obviously going to be raising prices without improving the product to offset these rising costs.

Ridiculous.....something's gotta give....either the hypes will still buy.....or Nike loses with this strategy....hoping the latter is right because $300 price tag in 2015 here we come....(I blame the resellers)

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

For every Nike shoe we pass on because of price/quality a share of Nike stock should be purchased. A company like this is more concerned with its shareholders than its consumers at this point and maybe that will get them to listen to us.

QFE... that said how many of us would become blinded by dividends and ROI? good idea for sure though.. this is something I've been thinking about for a while.

I thought the same thing and bought some Nike stock right after I saw the silver Total Air Foamposite Maxes sell out at $225. I figured if people were going to pay $225 for that shoe, they'd sure as hell pay that for Jordan XIs and some other retros. I thought Nike Stock would be a good investment. I bought it for $92 a share, At the close of trading today it was worth $108.15 a share and they've paid small dividends twice since I bought. Not bad for 8 months.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

XIs AGAIN and for $200. Womp.

Can these MFs PLEASE just retro the XVIs so I can be done with them?

Damn...those will probably be like $180 though
tired.gif
Why don't you just buy an OG pair and call it a day? The quality will be 100X better and who cares about a little yellowing? The shoes are over a decade old and it'll add to the authenticity and 'vintage' feel of owning an OG pair.

If JB retros the XVI for 180 USD then it's actually barely a price hike at all as they already retailed for 160 USD in 2001.
And back then the USD was stronger than nowadays!

I just think that the leather they use might not be the same than 2001. paintjob was mediocre back then already ^^
@vood99: I would LOVE to buy an OG pair of XVIs but I wear a size 15 and those aren't very easy to find...unless you know somewhere
nerd.gif

@jumpman: I thought about that after I posted and was thinking it would be probably be $200 for them. But after the recent discovery maybe they will only be $185
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

The XI's I understand. But 180 for a IV? Screw that. Ive preached it before that the IV is the worst retro of all. It has been cut, reshaped, gutted, and cheapened to the point that it just looks plain horrible. You guys are foolish if you pay 190+ with tax for a IV. Keep raising prices JB and oversaturating the market. Eventually people will come to their senses.

spoken so true....
BayArea23 wrote:
eddiengambino wrote:
The price increase makes me want to switch over to the KD's and Lebron's because these prices are ******ed for outdated shoes

I refuse to pay over $150 a pair for a couple of guys who hasn't even won a ring yet... 

Who didn't see this price bump coming? With all the crazy hype that is happening. I just hope that JB finally make more pairs for big holiday releases like this.

the most asinine comment i've seen on NT. Bandwagon status. They gotta win a ring to make the shoes buyable? If that's the case, the 1s-5s aren't acceptable because Money hasn't won a ring until the VIs....you 90s babies crack me up. 
and this is coming from a NTer that hates Lebron...but his shoe line is ridiculously insane in terms of style and QUALITY

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

Paying $250 for elites and $220 for foams... y'all acting like u can't afford these now...of course I would not like to see the increase but bottom line you and I know WE are both cop pin so what's all the crying about when its not gonna change the final result??
yea but how often do foams and elites release? jordan retros release like every other week and sooner or later jbs general target consumer wont be able to keep up with the prices and constant releases.
THANK YOU 
its at least 2 retros a month come on now 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
and the quality of foams and brons are light years better

Originally Posted by beansietime

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

I thought the same thing and bought some Nike stock right after I saw the silver Total Air Foamposite Maxes sell out at $225. I figured if people were going to pay $225 for that shoe, they'd sure as hell pay that for Jordan XIs and some other retros. I thought Nike Stock would be a good investment. I bought it for $92 a share, At the close of trading today it was worth $108.15 a share and they've paid small dividends twice since I bought. Not bad for 8 months.

And its only going to go higher.  Nike wont stop charging more for shoes if people are still salty they couldn't spend $250 on foams because there weren't enough to go around.  If you miss out buy a share, say something about it and become an actual voice.  It could work too, who here wouldn't mind saying they own a part of Nike?  Besides the shares are cheaper than the sneakers lol

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

I can't speak on what u do wit ur money.. All I gotta say is regardless of price me myself I'm coppin what I want... You on the other hand.. I could care less if u can or can't keep up with these releases... If Jordan is too much go buy some dada spinner shoes
you the type the person willing to pay $5 for candy at the movies while you can get the same name brand candy at the dollar store and sneak it in

Back
Top Bottom