Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

thank god my days of buying jordans have been put to rest. best of luck to those who help put money in DJ augustins', corey maggaettes', and gerald herndersons' wallets 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Nike is feedin off the beasts and doubling up on their money. Either we pay or we are out. thats about 201 with tax for the breds.
30t6p3b.gif

ATLEAST BRING BACK THE NIKE AIR ON THE 3-6!!!!!!!

NIKE AND JB PULLIN WALLSTREET MOVES. GREED IS GOOD?! S!@#

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Nike is feedin off the beasts and doubling up on their money. Either we pay or we are out. thats about 201 with tax for the breds.
30t6p3b.gif

ATLEAST BRING BACK THE NIKE AIR ON THE 3-6!!!!!!!

NIKE AND JB PULLIN WALLSTREET MOVES. GREED IS GOOD?! S!@#

Agreed unfortunately "pay or we are out." 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Kinda feels like JB is being shady and just wanted to "casually" raise the price of the XI's. Get everybody angry about a $25 increase on the shoe and then mislead the consumers to think they have a voice and make it just a $5 increase instead. This way they can test the market to see what they can get away with but still raise the price without heavy backlash. Shame on you JB
30t6p3b.gif

This makes a lot of sense. They get you thinking that only $5 isn't a bad deal

Thank god.. it aleady pains me enought looking at my shoes from 01-04 seeing i paid 100-135 at the most for those shoes....

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

idk, I still feel thats a lot of money, call me cheap. We were paying much less just a couple of years ago.

$160 is still crazy for a shoe that has nothing but full length encapsulated airbags. It feels like they threw out the $20 price hike for us all to forget exactly what it is that is behind the $160 or $180 dollar shoe... Now that it's back to $160, it feels like a deal?
laugh.gif
Nike/JB be playing these mind games.

Others mentioned the trickle effect onto other genres like NSW. It's already happening. We see a few guys more than willing to drop $120 on a pair of deions, in large part because it's cheaper than Jordans. $120 is seen as a deal, when in fact they should be $10-20 cheaper... So as jordans increase in price, the others will follow.. The only thing staying the same, quality.
laugh.gif
Ouch. Ya'll ever wonder why Nike/JB is oh so willing to throw shoes to outlets at 30-50% off? Because they are still making more than enough money.. That is where most of us should be spending our money

if they would actually produce a good quality retro for that price, I won't complain. smh

Originally Posted by u ttocs

If I was Nike I'd charge $300 for these. As long as you guys keep camping out, crashing websites, pay reseller prices, they'll continue to milk every penny out of us because they can.

I would charge that price too. Can bet a lot of people complaining in this thread will have 5+ pairs to resell once release comes.

Originally Posted by JordanSanity23

I really dont think this price increase is going to change anything. People are still going to buy them I'm just hoping the quality gets better.

Ridiculous... more money & probably less quality & they just bumped the prices early this year... By 2015 everything is gonna be $300... WACK!!!

If the price was 250 people would still buy these. If reseller can sell shoes for 100+ over retail , what make you think Nike Corp going to do? Raise prices steadliy, duh people!!!

how much more are we gonna pay for a re-re-retros ? i mean c'mon the shoes are cool but $200 a a pair in this economy is straight up rape on jordan brands part but its a great business angle i mean who wears jumpmans ? (anybody out there, no didnt think so ) the money comes from retros and the more people in line means the less in stores ...american greed prevails

Wow really? Its not back breaking but Jordan has lost me over the past few years. I was buying nothing but Jordans up until early last year. With all these price hikes and madness, this is probably going to be an easy pass. We'll see.

They can't keep raising prices though.

I knew it, I knew this BS would happen.
30t6p3b.gif

From a business stand point they're looking at like "People are paying 500+ for some ugly %$% galaxy foams so why not keep rising the prices". I really cant blame 'em.

Originally Posted by David328ci

Does Jordan Brand think it's going to become Burberry or Gucci? This is too much.
Their variant quality re-retros are flying out of stores with each subsequent price increase. They will continue to increase the price until rocking Jordans dies off and is no longer trendy.

The price will continue to increase because of the hype, anticipation, or whatever of a particular release.  I personally don't care what JB does because as the consumer I have the right to buy or not to buy.  I've been a Jordan shoe fan since '86 and I've had them all at one time or another.  However, I realize that they are just shoes and  in the grand scheme of things that they don't really matter much.  
tired.gif
  I don't hate on people who pay 2-3 times what a shoe retailed for because it's their money.  You have to realize that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  And in the arena of shoe collecting you find many are willing to pay a pretty penny.  
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by David328ci

Does Jordan Brand think it's going to become Burberry or Gucci? This is too much.
Their variant quality re-retros are flying out of stores with each subsequent price increase. They will continue to increase the price until rocking Jordans dies off and is no longer trendy.

trendy ? it's only been 25+ years and still growing and going strong

Back
Top Bottom