AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

I have CDP 3, 4, 5. They aren't as bad as they are made out to be. The biggest complaint I have is the paint like everyone else on the 4's. Shape isn't too bad when they are on feet and is only more noticable when off feet. Fresh midsole paintjob on my 4's and it'll look perfect again. I haven't seen the 2012 4's in person yet, but it looks like CDP 4 uppers > 2012

I have CDP 3, 4, 5. They aren't as bad as they are made out to be. The biggest complaint I have is the paint like everyone else on the 4's. Shape isn't too bad when they are on feet and is only more noticable when off feet. Fresh midsole paintjob on my 4's and it'll look perfect again. I haven't seen the 2012 4's in person yet, but it looks like CDP 4 uppers > 2012

Thank you!!!!!

Just got my pair. Shape is fine, quality is fine.. I dunno what you're all trippin' about.

2m50xmp.jpg

Just got my pair. Shape is fine, quality is fine.. I dunno what you're all trippin' about.

2m50xmp.jpg

Very nice!

That might be the best looking shape of this generation IV's that I've seen.
What size are those?
Kinda grainy pic, ut also looking not too ashy.
Very nice indeed, can you get us some more detailed pics?

They're a size 10. Not ashy at all but the suede or whatever is long so when you brush it you can see the streaks (if that makes any sense).

I suck at taking pics but here's some more...

jbq7osHeIJdB4w.JPG

jbxlBrtNz9RuyZ.JPG

jbaPu717cfCTJA.JPG

They're a size 10. Not ashy at all but the suede or whatever is long so when you brush it you can see the streaks (if that makes any sense).

I suck at taking pics but here's some more...

jbq7osHeIJdB4w.JPG

jbxlBrtNz9RuyZ.JPG

jbaPu717cfCTJA.JPG

Much appreciated Vancity +1

Im a size 10 also, so Im glad to see the shape looking decent. Sometimes the shape seems worse in the larger sizes, 11+
Ive come to terms with the suede, but those are looking pretty smooth anyway
Thanks for the extra pics

i dont know... in the right lighting these look nice but once the light hits that suede its a no go for me. i was planning to cop 2 pairs but im not feeling that material it was on the fives, which was a fail, the stealth 10's another fail and the varsity and infrared 6's epic fail

i dont know... in the right lighting these look nice but once the light hits that suede its a no go for me. i was planning to cop 2 pairs but im not feeling that material it was on the fives, which was a fail, the stealth 10's another fail and the varsity and infrared 6's epic fail
I have been wearing my 5s lately and they already look like I have had them for years they are so ashy, yet I haven't worn them that much.

Very nice!
That might be the best looking shape of this generation IV's that I've seen.
What size are those?
Kinda grainy pic, ut also looking not too ashy.
Very nice indeed, can you get us some more detailed pics?
looks like all the other ones to me

Let me first say that my biggest problem with post 99 has always been the shape, so I dont want to appear as a JB apologist.
With that said, I was relatively pleased with how my WC IV's came out shape wise.

With some of the early pics of these Black IV's I was seeing some pretty boxy toes and some nasty banana shape

this pic gives me a little hope, but Im not trying convert anyone

I have highlighted some of the issue that seem to look a little better with this pic.

1. To my eyes while the toe is still boxy, but it is sloped back at a slightly more gentle angle:\
2. Also, and Im not sure quite how to describe this, the angle over the forefoot is better and looks more padded, with improved distance from the midsole. This area being too flat was one of the main reasons for the banana shape
3. The space between the angled leather and the outsole is as large as Ive seen with these Black IV's, and is also at the correct parallel angle
4. Could be just an illusion of the pic, but the heel bump seems much more pronounced here as well

These are just my thoughts. I hate the banana-toe just as much, probably more, than most people, but if mine came like this Id be ok I guess:rolleyes

You know those lines are not supposed to be parallel right?
Can't find a pic of the OGs so this will have to do
I'm prolly the only one that doesn't mind the material change. Those pairs look nice.
They'll look fine, until you wear em a few times. Just like the BM Vs that just came out

Last edited:
Nice pics above fellas 
pimp.gif
. These are looking real clean. Come on black Friday, get here already. No electronics this year, I just need these bad boys!

You know those lines are not supposed to be parallel right?
Can't find a pic of the OGs so this will have to do
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-003.jpg
I'm prolly the only one that doesn't mind the material change. Those pairs look nice.
They'll look fine, until you wear em a few times. Just like the BM Vs that just came out
I'm pretty sure that the pic you just posted is of a fake pair.  He's 100% right about the parallel line.

OG Black Cement IVs

99 White Cement IVs

I'm pretty sure that the pic you just posted is of a fake pair.  He's 100% right about the parallel line.

OG Black Cement IVs

99 White Cement IVs
Yah it is. Didnt even notice. Tech grey with jumpman. Saw someone wearing this the other day

I still don't get this parallel line you are speaking of. Can you go all John madden on the pic of the Tech Grey?

dude, don't be posting pics of fake air jordans up in here to prove a point
in which you don't even know what you're talking about
it's embarrassing

Ok here is my attempt to give the John Madden break-down.
Keep in mind that these are nit-picky details, but I believe that they illuminate some of the reasons why we've been getting stupid banana-toe boxy IV's the last decade

Pic 1: Classic Jordan IV mold
- note the smooth toe, with a low, sloped angle upwards
- the top of the forefoot follows this angle
- the heel bump is very prominent
- the spacing between the bottom of the wing and the midsole is at least an inch [much larger than today] and also at the correct angle, parallel with the
midsole line
- and, for this discussion, the side leather in the middle is about a third-inch apart from the outsole, and parallel with the angle of the outsole

Pic 2: 2006 Mars IV
- ughh so many problems, Ill try to keep it short [I own this BTW, so Im not picking on anybody]
- The toe box is way too vertical, and does not angle towards the back
- The forefoot is almost completely flat, again not sloping up towards the ankle
- The heel bump is practically non-existent
- The side leather:
- Here the leather is both much to close to the outsole, and also near the bottom begins to tail in towards the outsole causing it to be not-parallel
- This is a symptom of the general tightness and pinching in the middle of the post 99 IV's that leads to banana toe

Pic 3: Recent pic of Black Friday IV
- Toe is still pretty boxy, but it looks rounded back just a little [not much improvement]
- Forefoot looks well padded and angled upward [looks like good improvement]
- Heel bump appears to be making a return
- Side leather looks a decent distance from the outsole, but at least in this pic, [not all of the recent black/cement IV pics] the leather appears parallel,
and without any pinching in

Again, this is nitpick stuff, Im not claiming there has been some kinda major improvement from the early pics of the Black IV's to this one, it just looks slightly improved to my eyes

I see what you mean brah. I thought you were complaining that previous pairs this generation

the stitches followed each other completely (looks exactly the same but spread out), whereas in the OGs they weren't exactly the same

WC413side1untagged2.jpg

8432d251a7d26e294bcba6f1c792e8d2.image.640x480.jpg

Sorry, hard to understand byt that is the best I can describe what I THOUGHT you were complaining about

as for being parallel, they dont look parallel to me, except the stitching close to the midsole is sorta parallel to the midsole

but the stitching look far more parallel to each other in the newer pairs

Last edited:
If the Black/Cements come with the shape of that WC IV above I'll be ok. It's far from perfect,, but that one looks pretty decent, and my pair came out ok too
Some of the early pics for this BC IV came with the jacked up side stitching and more banana-toe, but hopefully that come like the one that Vancity posted

Preach, Zeph.

Individually, these are all very small, seemingly insignificant issues, but collectively they add up to create a substantially different shape of the shoe.

The heel bump is a major issue, and it's not confined to Jordans. The lack of heel bump is also a major offender in the ruination of the shape of the AF1.

The shape of the toe may be partially due to poor materials and skimping on padding - it's as if the cheaper leather almost bows because its really so thin and has no shape of its own. ...The one thing I'd be wary of claiming victory for this release on this issue is that I've been fooled before. Sometimes the angle of the pic can obscure this issue.

The spacing and the parallel lines are important too. Your eyes connect to your mind and they naturally want to make certain connections and draw patterns - that's how optical illusions work, by playing on these tendencies. When something is supposed to be parallel, but it isn't, it looks "off" even if you can't also actually pinpoint the reason.

I need to see close-up pics of these. I may be in for a pair depending on the shape and materials. My '99s are still beautiful, but structurally, I don't trust them.

Back
Top Bottom